Til Kingdom Come.

Til Kingdom Come.

A Story by
"

A short drabble of what I believe it would be like to be Anne Boelyn.

"
This day; a day I have longed for with all my being. A day which I have killed for, and a day that will go down in history. A day that will change history, a day that will be specially christened as mine. Because it is my day. My change to shine. My chance to rule. It would be my day. Not even silly Catherin could contest me now. For come the end of today, and the Kingdom is mine. And it shall remain that way until the end of days.
I looked in the mirror and saw my beautiful emerald green and gold dress I had had designed for the day. A gown the likes of which had never been seen. A gown that showed that I was now Queen. A gown that would not soon be forgotten in the minds of the many. The gown was perfect. Everything was perfect. In that instant, if I could savor it forever; I would. It was the beginning of an adventure. With a limitless end, and endless possibilities. It was everything, to everyone. It was changing history. It was changing lives. And most importantly, it was changing me.
I was perfect. I had to be. I was going to be-dare I say it? the most scared of all words to my heart?-Queen. I was going to be Queen, not for a day, not for a month, but forever. The Queen of England I could hear people say now. That's who I would be. And now, nothing-nay, no one- could or would stand in my way. Or our way. Henry and I's way. We should stand together forever, forget the people that protested, forget the wars, forget everything. Just us together, forever.
Just imagining it sent shivers down my spine and yet it would be the truth in less then 24 hours. With he and I together, who could bring us down? Who could dare stand in out way. No one! No one could. Together, we would be the greatest royal couple who ever lived. The couple who sparked reform and changed the entire royal system. We would be remembered, forever.
Then it was time. My time for dreaming was gone. Reality was here and knocking at my door, and I had to open it. I waited outside the room in which I was to be married to my King. For after this ceremony, I would be Queen! Hah! They had said that I was crazy! They said that it would and could never be done, but now, I had done it. I was invincible in my own right now. 
Yes, now. Not forever, not soon, but now. The time was now. My time was now. And the doors, that now cemented my fate in the history books and in my life, opened. Allowing me to enter the gracious room and never leaving as the same women. It was the point of no return.

© 2011


Author's Note

So..what do you think? I don't really write 'stories' often so it's not my typical style. But any comments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely done. I like the point of view. It is fascinating and sad at the same time, because I know what is coming. I know her fantasy won't be what she wishes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was really interesting. I love the idea of putting yourself into someone else's head and trying to understand what they might have been thinking or doing. This was awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very nice.. I love the idea of you being in her head and heart.. I could picture her reading this.. Awesome job...xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 7, 2011