gangsta

gangsta

A Story by
"

short story

"

Cinji came to.  He couldn’t hear anything. He saw his hands in front of his face.  There were parts of a car all over the road.  Then he saw bits of the road come up around him.  Still dazed from the exploding car It took him a minute to realize that they were bullets. To his left and saw a big block of part of a car. Dragging himself behind it, He started to hear the POP POP of guns around him.  It sounded very far away, but he knew they weren’t.  They could be a few feet away or a block or two.  to his right and saw someone hiding behind a wall in an ally.  The person looked at him and motioned for him to come over.  The person pulled himself out of cover and shot two rounds into the wall of bullets. To give cinji time to Cinji didn’t recognized who that was.

            He reached for the 45 in front of him, unloaded it, and looked at the clip.  It was fully loaded.  He pushed the clip back in and cocked it.  He could hear the sound of the guns more clearly now.  He looked over at the person again and realized it was one of his friends.  He looked to his left and saw two more of his friends, but one was holding his side.  He slid down the wall until he hit the ground with a thud.  He remembered who he was and where he was; in the middle of another gangs’ land.  He looked over his shield and bullets sprayed around him.  He went back down.  He looked over to his right again and Trigger Happy was motioning him to come over. He got into a crouching position and hardened himself for the sprint.  One, two, three, he thought, and then he sprinted towards his friend.

            Trigger Happy saw Kenji prepare himself to sprint over so he reloaded and turned the corner to cover fire.  Kenji ran over and pushed him behind cover. “Here man I grabbed this when I went for cover,” said Trigger Happy.  “Thanks,” Kenji said. Trigger Happy looked at Kenji fumbling with his good luck charm.  It was a necklace with a rabbit foot on it.  That’s how Kenji got his nickname, Rabbit.  He was very fast and always had that rabbit’s foot.  Trigger Happy pulled his gun up and shot someone behind rabbit.  Then he shot him twice more.

            “We need to move over to the other side,” said trigger happy.  Rabbit just nodded.  Then Rabbit pointed to the ladder.  They climbed the ladder pretty fast. Rabbit got up and then saw two guys rushing his two other friends. He held the 45 up and then shot 4 times.  Both men fell down.  One of his friends looked at him. Rabbit pointed to the ladder.  His friend nodded.  He pulled his friend up and started walking to the corner.  Trigger Happy pulled Rabbit along.  Two roofs over, the attic door flew open and two guys ran out looking in their direction.  As soon as they saw them, they started shooting.  Trigger Happy and Rabbit shot back, running for cover at the same time. 

            Trippy, another friend, dragged his buddy to the corner for cover.  He looked around it and saw that most of the guys were on the ground trying to get a shot on his friends.  He looked at his buddy under his arm. “Okay man, we are going to hop on over this road man.  “On the count of three man, okay?” he said.  He just looked at the body.  “Dude, are you still alive man?” He pushed the head up and it just slumped back.  “God damn it man, f**k this man!  F**k you man!  Why the hell did you have to go and get shot man?”  Trippy dropped the body and pulled out two more clips. He switched his Uzi to auto and walked out into the road.  He pulled the trigger and the Uzi jumped.  Two guys fell to the ground holding their sides.  Another guy popped out and took a shot.  It whizzed by his ears.  He ran back to the cover.  Trippy grabbed the body and pulled it over.  “I’m sorry ghost.  I’ll take something to remember you man,” said Trippy as he took the bandanna off of the dead comrade. He put it in his pocket and ran across the street.  He climbed the ladder fast and caught up with Trigger Happy and Kenji.  They all looked over the edge of the roof. It was to fare to jump and there was more people coming up the fire escape.  “Let’s by- pass them in the building and jump the fire escape,” said Kenji. They rushed down the attic stair case and into an apartment room.  They crept to the main door and cracked it a little bit. They didn’t see anyone.  They eased into the hallway. When they were half way down the hall, two guys turned the corner ahead of them.  Kenji and Trigger Happy raised their guns and fired.  The two guys fell.  “Move fast!” Trigger Happy said.  They all ran down the hall way to the stairs, down two levels. They entered another hall way.  “Let’s just go through the first apartment and out the window man,” Kenji said.  The others nodded.  Kenji busted the door down and entered.  Two people were standing on the fire escape.  They turned and shot.  Kenji rolled to his left, Trigger Happy rolled to his left, and Trippy hit the ground.  Trigger Happy got up and fired at them.  One of the bullets hit the knee of the person to the left.  The guy fell backwards and off the fire escape.  The other bullet landed right in the right person’s chest.  The guy collapsed.

            They jumped the fire escape and landed on the other one.  They all looked up and saw heads pop over the roof top.  They smashed the glass window and climbed in.  They opened the door and ran down the hall way.  Kenji cell phone went off.  He clicked it open.  “There is a car waiting a block away from where you are.  Get to it now.”  Then the phone went dead.  “There’s a truck waiting for us a block away. Along with some more guns” Kenji said.  “Okay, we’ll use the roof tops to travel,” said Trippy.  They all shook their heads.

            As they jumped the last roof top, Trigger Happy sniper necklace came undone.  Kenji grabbed it before it dropped 10 stories below.  “Come on Trigger, you almost lost the most valuable thing you have bro” said Kenji smiling.  Trigger Happy took the necklace back.  “Thanks bro, I would lose my touch and luck if I lost this thing,” replied Trigger Happy.   The group moved their way down the 10 story apartment building. They weren’t worry about the other gang.  They were  a block over and 5 buildings away. Two many places to hide.

            They walked out the front door and the truck was waiting for them. The truck was surrounded by gun men waiting and covering them. They hopped in and the truck sped off.  When they got back to the compound. They put the bandana of their fallen comrade on the fallen wall.  The three of them sat around the table remembering what they just went through a couple of hours ago. They were all looking at they object. “this is what keeps us going man. This is what protects on, when we’re on the streets.” Cinji said. they all nodded. “its weird how we value this small thing.” Trippy said. once again they all nodded.

© 2011


Author's Note

tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011

Author


Writing
chapter 9 chapter 9

A Chapter by


broken down broken down

A Poem by


i wanna a girl i wanna a girl

A Poem by