Two.

Two.

A Chapter by
"

We learn about Edmond's (the mysterious male) twisted side and how closely he inspects Mercy (our little unsuspecting female).

"

           The tall body hovered, bent forward, and gasping for breath. Small droplets of blood were splattered over his clothes and his body heaved with each intake, shaking as it did so. His shoulders protruded from his neck in the darkly lit room, casting a shadow over the crumpled body that lay before him. The limbs seemed to be severely unsuable at this point, twisting and turning in angles that were impossible for any normal human body and the male swept down, still wearing nothing but his plaid pajama pants, and gripped the head of the body. The strong odor of iron intoxicated him and the male's eyes rolled back ever so slightly, loosing himself in the scent. He dropped the body and listened to the distinct sound of cracking and the satisfactory smack of the much mutilated pulp of a person. Raising his left arm (the stronger one), he held a bat tightly between his fingers and brought it down on the already long dead bodies' face over and over and over and over again. He was laughing now, loud and happily. A soft knock on the door and he stopped mid hit, arm bent and ready to be brought down again. A scowl quickly crossed his face and he let his fingers drop the metal bat.

          Knock Knock. Knock knock knock knock.

          Groaning, the man gripped at his hair, pressing knuckles into his temple. He screamed at the door.

          "Open the f*****g door already! Stop it! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT. I have a F*****G head ache!"

          The door swung open and another male, shorter and red-haired, stepped into the room. He was dressed like a gentleman, white button-up and black vest, crisp and clean. The red head brought a hand down and dusted off the knees of his black slacks, glancing at the shine of his shoes in the single light in the corner. Raising an eyebrow, he looked over the floor at the mass that might have been a person at some point. Quickly, the man made a face and covered his nose, clearing his throat.

          "A-hem. Yes. Well Edmond. It seems you've made quite the mess this time, doesn't it?" The red-haired man's voice sounded full of authority and power and the taller dark haired man known to be Edmond took a step back, pressing his bare and bloodied feet into a broken arm. His eyes were squinted as he watched the red head.

          "I'm not done yet! You said I could have her! that this one was mine! MINE." Edmond seemed to stand in front of the 'body', almost protecting it. He was still hunched over a few inches but he quickly straightened his body out, seeming another six or seven inches taller than the finely dressed man who stood at 5 foot 3. The red head put up his free hand, continuing to cover his nose.

          "Yes yes, I know. You can play with... it for as long as you like, promise." The red head crooked his finger towards himself, beckoning Edmond over. Hesitantly he complied, seeming almost to sulk as he did so. Once he got close enough, he dropped to his knees in a harsh manner, listening to the sounds his own body made at bone hitting floor. He didn't mind the pain.

          "That's a good boy."

           The red head smiled and played with Edmond's dark mess of hair, twirling his fingers around the strands as Edmond wrapped his long and muscular arms around the man, pressing his face against his sternum.

          "Good boy..."

           The guard, who was at the door, quietly closed the door and left to grab a new shirt for the red head, who now was covered with specks of blood. He was already numb to this kind of thing.

 

 

 

 

          "Mercy! What happened last night?"

           Rubbing my temples from the overwhelming hangover taking control of my head, I cringed and glanced over at the energetic girl that was my roommate, waving her arms around and attempting to get dressed. I glanced at the clock and groaned when I noticed the time. Work would be in two hours or so and I knew I couldn't laze around all day. With the movements of a woman with a hang over (what a coincidence! I had one!), I pulled the thick blankets back and stumbled out of bed. My roommates voice sounded like it was coming from the bathroom and I made my way to it slowly. My hands searched the cabinets for aspirin automatically.

          "Remember that party I mentioned?" I glanced at her nodding head as she applied ridiculous amounts of mascara. I gulped down two pills. "Yeah. So I went and stuff. And I woke up in some guys' bed." I could feel her death glare and I raised my hands in defense, starting the shower. "Hey don't give me that look, he was hot so it's all right. Anyway. He like... disappeared. And yeah. I left."

          Leaving out the whole weird phone static thing, I began to strip off the clothes that weren't mine (besides my panties) and stepped in the warm water. My roommate, Katrina, flicked the switch for the vent. I yawned into the water and let the hot drops fall in my mouth, attempting to wash away the sour taste for now.

          "Well..." Katrina's voice was strained and she sighed. "Was he at least good then?"

          I pulled my bangs from my eyes and pressed my body against the coolness of the inside of the shower, remembering how he had one of those raised tubs from the old times and a curtain with the shower head.

          "I don't know. I can't remember."

          I felt the impact of a little container of mascara hitting me through the curtains and I yelped, grabbing at it as it fell to the bottom of the tub.

          "Mercyyyyy! When are you going to settle down with a nice guy?! Like... Like Aaron." I knew she was giving off the most goofy smile and I rolled my eyes.

           "Yeah, except Aaron is TOTALLY not my type." I could hear Katrina's scoff, as if she knew what kind of guy would be perfect for me. A ring at the door. "Katrina, go get that!" My body relaxed into the water as I listened to her feet pad out of the room and open the apartments door. There was muttering and I heard feet walking back into the bathroom. I stepped out into the bathroom, bending over to sweep the water off of my body. "Who was it?" I glanced back up, eyes locking with the man from the previous night. His eyebrows were quirked but his eyes were fixated on mine. My face flushed and I quickly attempted to cover my body.

         "Wha-wha.... why are you in here?!"

         I quickly grabbed at my (his) dirty clothes and threw them at his face, grabbing a used towel from the floor and covering myself. He turned and covered his eyes.

          "Bringing your clothes. Hurry up and get dressed, we have a date."

          My face flushed with anger as I attempted to dry myself off and follow his demands, running out of the bathroom to pick up some clean clothes.

          "Where's Katrina? And who says I'll go with you, you pervert?!"

          "She had errands to run she said. I'm assuming that's the girl who opened the door. And I'm not a pervert. You already slept with me." Running his slender fingers through dark hair, he sent me a wolfish grin as I wrapped the towel tighter and started to assemble my work clothes. My eyes rolled once more and I shook my wet hair.

          "I have to go to work." His idiocy was annoying. If he was some rich boy who didn't have to work, whatever, but regular people like me had to.

          "That's all taken care of."

          My body turned to stare at him in both curiosity and anger. What did he mean? He simply leaned against the wall, watching my debating expression. Silence.

          "....Who... are you?" He seemed bored, waiting for her to speak, and yawned in an exaggerated way.

          "My name is Edmond. Pleasure to re-meet you Miss Mercy."



© 2011


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

a good 'teaser'...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the beginning of the story. Allow the reader to feel her pain and open the door to questions. A good morning discussion and a strong ending. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well i love Edmond. haha i can't wait to read more

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 20, 2011
Tags: numbness is infectious, feverishlyill, horror, romance, mystery


Author


Writing
Vanessa Vanessa

A Poem by


One. One.

A Chapter by