~ The Listeners

~ The Listeners

A Poem by
"

~ How detailed are perceptions? How detailed are people? How detailed are clues?

"



~ The Listeners


 

    The listeners, were everywhere

           As I was with them

       This rainy day, brought me inside

   Of this golden chapel where

 My introspective

    Voice asked me to stay,

                   My insecure heart

        Wanted to run, but it was my last chance

“I had to stay” " before it was too late!

                   “Honestly”

I have begged in my sleep, and screamed

       To you, to reach, asked you to come,

              So you could join

      The home, of  our dream,

Where violin strings

        Made a life of their own,

And where words aren’t needed,

But you didn’t understood

      You didn’t maybe even listen,

  You were stuck

       The prison of your own

          Restless thoughts,

   The flawless voice of your obsessions,

                      The thousand rats in the gutter

                 Of your head;

               Eating your poor soul, 

                  Spreading viruses

            To your once so clear thoughts

            The black velveteen fields

               Where you’d hiked for days

Did not reached me, my dear,

   They never will.  They never shall.

      For all the Phenomena, which came;

          You - weren’t one... the listeners were,

             They just listened precisely


                  They always did.

 


 

       ~ Elisa Laura

© 2014


Author's Note

Enjoy and do what you must... -xx-

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We all need listeners in life someone to listen to our strife. To cheer us on in darkened days when all hope is lost and our head is downcast but the good listener won't let this last they will pick us up fast. Then and only then you know you got a good friend. Many blessings reading the listeners. Great Poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Always your poems have link to the labyrinth of mind..and that`s your mind, subconsciousness, thoughts...Your wonderful poem shows and presents just to glitter surface of the essence, and other things remain unfolded and untouched in your way. That makes it so easy to feel and hard to understand..And in the same time bringing a peace, as it`s written with peace. Listening is so important, when you do listen to the universe, you stay quiet in yourself, and dont need to move. Listeners are needed for the real expressions of the heart. The more you are "distant" the less any sound could come to you. I love this peace, and the picture to it! (hug)

:: nour ::

Posted 9 Years Ago


We all need listeners in life someone to listen to our strife. To cheer us on in darkened days when all hope is lost and our head is downcast but the good listener won't let this last they will pick us up fast. Then and only then you know you got a good friend. Many blessings reading the listeners. Great Poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

... Painful,a strong poem unlike any other. I could feel the emotions you left behind in this piece. The truest ones the people we want to speak to and want to listen,they never do. Unfortunately. A beautiful piece. Straight from a place I call home the deeper in hart and mind. I enjoyed the read but it's really emotional for me. Wish some people could just listen not just hear.

Well done my sister LOve this poem! 1st 100 I need to give :)
-CDB

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carl Drake Barnard

9 Years Ago

Danke shin...? lol

9 Years Ago

Lol, Dit klink Duits .... dan sou dit wees, Danke "Schön" lol x
Carl Drake Barnard

9 Years Ago

Ahhhhh
Restless thoughts,
The flawless voice of your obsessions,
The thousand rats in the gutter
Of your head;
Eating your poor soul.

Fabulas wrt. Jst 2 the bst. smiless.....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words SSADD, very appreciated. :)
This is much different than I am used to reading from you, but still a beautiful work of art. It is dark, at least how I envision it, and less dreamy - more statement like. Your descriptions still shine like diamonds in the sun.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ashira, yes, with this one, I was more cryptic, and it has an deep message. I love.. read more
I am so with this piece. I love the solitude.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Kenneth, I'm glad you do so. :)
those who have suffered so much pain at the hands of love.....sometimes just listen with a deaf ear.
they are too wrapped up in their negative thoughts, to hear that one soft, comforting voice that says "you are safe with me" and often relationships that could have been never are...

listening is a good thing...many people don't do it in general.

jacob

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

So true dear friend, so true. They are in denial. So glad you're one of the Listeners. Take care.
Now this is a flip of the coin... something different to showcase your versatility...
You can write with dramatic flare and be as cryptic as the most cryptic of writers...
We can never truly understand the obsession, or prison of one's thoughts... (I will say no more about that) lol

I enjoyed reading this as much as the first of your poems... hell, I love all your poems! ;)

Mysterious and haunting write, Sis...Excellent work!~xoxo~

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts Sis. I know this one was a bit hard, to follow, and a lit.. read more
Inspired work, indeed! I am never left with anything but awe when I find my way to your work! This poem just winds it way further into the chasms of the mind. Wonderful in description, feeling, metaphoric wonders and meanings of deep.

"You - weren’t one... the listeners were, They just listened precisely, They always did."
Wraps it so profoundly for the reader. This type of literary magic can be read over and over and never tire a reader's mind.

You are amazing Raven Sis

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Ah, Raven Sis, you get me always, I feel so blessed, and honored with your words. Thank you very muc.. read more
Thoughts in our mind are different for different people.. but as we writers ,it feels pathetic hen our lines are misinterpreted .Sad stll when as humans our ideas and words are cunningly distorted by knaves to serve their devious purposes.. i liked the desperate cry of the soul,to awaken thoughts of others but in vain they did not listen.. A very insightful piece of work.

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sophy, for your insight, and beautiful words. I so appreciate you!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

847 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 28, 2014
Last Updated on August 12, 2014
Tags: Elisa Laura, E.L. Details, Perception, Eastern Europe, People, Thoughts, Dreams, Clues, Culture, Myths, Fantasy, Fiction, Reality, Love, Hate, Traditional

Author


Writing
~ Listen ~ Listen

A Poem by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Distance Distance

A Poem by A. Amos


Open Windows Open Windows

A Poem by MsJewel