Impossible. Unfathomable. Cacoethes.

Impossible. Unfathomable. Cacoethes.

A Story by
"

Just a random little story i came up. The plot isn't exactly know so its more of an excerpt? idk haha I tried to write it so that there was a picture in the reader's head. Let me know what you think!

"
I run. Chasing after you as fast as I can. The wind screams in my ears and scratches at my face. It feels as though my body has turned to ice, but I keep moving. Tears run down my cheeks and soak my shirt. So many tears I've shed for you. So much pain endured for you.

But I press on. The thought of hearing your voice. Of feeling your touch. Is the only thing that keeps me going.

 The terrain beneath my feet changes and I'm running on bones. White, brown, and black. Different shapes and sizes. Some I swear are human. They crunch and shatter under my thundering feet and become dust.

The sun has fallen below the trees and the world around me becomes dark. I can no longer see but the tears on my cheeks remind me of why I am still running. What few stars are in the sky watch over me. Guiding me. I know they are on my side.

The sun appears again over the horizon after what has felt like days. I can see it now. The towering castle appears from between the dense trees. It is tall. The bricks shine with colors I have never seen before. Smells fill the air too beautiful to describe. And i know I have made it. That I have made it to you.

But the air changes as I reach the towering wood doors of the castle. The scents have turned sour and the colors fade. The sun disappears from the sky and sounds of glass shattering fills my ears.

The soft grass below my feet turns brown and dies. The once beautiful castle becomes dust before my eyes just as the bones had beneath the feet.

Suddenly it is silent. The air is still.

Then I hear your voice. Screaming. It was quite at first but quickly become ear piercing. I cover my ears but nothing can block out your cries of pain.

I fall to my knees and the ground comes apart as though it was being torn in two. And I fall into the black abyss as your screams still tear at my ears. And I am lost.

Lost forever without you.

© 2012


Author's Note

Let me know if you think of a plot or idea to put behind this little story. I may just write some more and expand on this idea! Please leave reviews, suggestions, and ideas! Always appreciated! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece is quite interesting.
The line:

I fall to my knees and the ground comes apart as though it was being torn in two. And I fall into the black abyss as your screams still tear at my ears. And I am lost.

It caught my attention, your choice of words were well chosen and you wove them together in such a way that it makes you feel emotional.
The title also caught my attention. Cacoethes, could not be a better word to choose for this short story.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This piece is quite interesting.
The line:

I fall to my knees and the ground comes apart as though it was being torn in two. And I fall into the black abyss as your screams still tear at my ears. And I am lost.

It caught my attention, your choice of words were well chosen and you wove them together in such a way that it makes you feel emotional.
The title also caught my attention. Cacoethes, could not be a better word to choose for this short story.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
1 Review
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012
Tags: impossible, unfathomable, caoethes, story, romance, thriller, fear, lost, chasing, chased, after, you, love, lovers, poetic

Author


Writing
Autumn Again Autumn Again

A Poem by


Heart of Scars Heart of Scars

A Poem by