Chapter Two - Her... - Daren

Chapter Two - Her... - Daren

A Chapter by Rachel
"

second chapter, It sucks I know.

"

Chapter Two

Her…

Daren

 

            “The girl just jumped out of the window, and started to run.” I yawned nonchalantly “Then Mr. Coraletti ran out the door. Chasing her I presume.”

            Mr. Carth nodded, with a look of confusion drenching his face. He looked pale; I can imagine what he was thinking. “How is that girl not dead? This is the third story! Did she die and run off? Oh god, where is Andrew?”

            A metallic and nasally voice boomed from the speaker “Missing student: Missing student.”

            My eyes flickered to Mr. Carth. He was seriously embarrassed to lose the new girl on the first day; color stained his face, his cheeks looking flushed. I groaned and the color blooming from underneath his skins thin membrane. Blood. I need to have blood tonight or I might go completely insane with my vampire’s appetite.

            “Mr. Carth?” I said putting my hands behind my head “It is lunch now, right?” I queried raising an eyebrow. 

            He nodded, whether he was nodding yes it is lunch or, I am such a disappointment and I feel like nodding, I do not know. My feet flew down the steps with light grace, not even touching the steps the whole way down, the first time the touched was when I bounded out of the building, into the forest.

            There was always someone in the forest at lunch, someone foolish, and usually slow. The autumn leaves flew behind me in a swirl. I laughed foolishly as I did a flip mid-run. My arms spread out like a birds as I threw my head back and laughed even more. With in milliseconds of me doing so, I found myself lying on the ground in a sudden halt. I felt my dead heart pumping, sensing the most potent blood around me. I breathed in the air and searched around.

            My eyes flickered around as I sat up. That is when I saw her. Her glossy brown hair was shoulder length and wavy, just like the ocean. Her skin was pale, but darker than mine by and her arms were flung on the dirt as if she were a rag doll, looking limp and helpless. I looked at her body. She’s beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Curvy, and thin at the same time, but she’s short without a doubt.  

            I smiled then feeling the strong scent my way again. Without a doubt it was coming from her. I stood up, walking over to her limp body and kneeled down and placed my hand on her chin lifting it up to expose her elegant neck. With ease I placed my lips against her collar bone and felt the blood rush into me. It was so perfect and delicious. It reminds me of my human memories. Cookies, lemonade, sugar, cake, caramels, all of those scrumptious foods mother made for me when I was human. My lips parted from her neck leaving a mark that looked like a hicky.

            I sat down refreshed and finally realized something. The girl…she was the one that jumped out the window. I stared in horror, she is alive? I think…crap did I just kill her? I looked around for an answer when I heard a light fluttery heart and realized she was alive…barely. I picked her up holding her head like an infants and began to run. She bobbed in my arms as I speeded down the path. I began to hear more hearts and slowed to a quick human run, passing my peers who were mumbling about the girl in my arms.

            The infirmary was about a two minutes from here. I picked up my pace attempting to still make it look human for that speed. I got to the infirmary and kicked open the door and lie her down on the bed.

            The nurse objected “Get her checked in first!” she yelled.

            I smoothed out the girls hair “Missing student.”

            She stopped and paced to the phone in the corner of the office mumbling about how she was found. Two minutes later I saw Mr. Carth inside of the nurses office staring at me.

            “Found her!” I said in a voice like this was a game. 

            Mr. Carth heaved a sigh “Thank you Daren.”

            I nodded and gazed at the unconscious girl, so beautiful.

            “Torrent? Can you hear me?” asked Mr. Carth.

            She remained still. I bent over her, examining her heart shaped face.

            “Torrent?” Mr. Carth asked again.

            Her eyes flitted open, sparkling with intelligence and intuition. I gasped… her eyes… so beautiful. They were an electric blue that reminded me of the water. Calm, yet rapid with waves. I could feel their power emanate. She sat up.

 



© 2009 Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 22, 2009


Author

Rachel
Rachel

About
more..

Writing
Imperfect Imperfect

A Poem by Rachel


Barrier Barrier

A Poem by Rachel