When You Are Most Beautiful

When You Are Most Beautiful

A Poem by Matt Campbell

Always, my dear you ask me when we are near, how you look to me. Doubting as you do the beauty that I see.

 

From your elegant figure, to your wonderfully vivacious amatory. From your soft, warm voice to the feel of your touch or your seductively storied face.

 

The allure of your eye…ah…this is only some of the beauty that you show to me.

 

A beautiful glimmer that you let me see and far more to you, at least to me. More to you than the average eye could ever see.

 

You are always sexy and gorgeous for sure, dressed or not, for this I will gladly assure, your near unrivaled radiance complete.

 

But you must know the moments that I get to see that make you most the beautiful to me.

 

When are you the most beautiful? You are tempted to ask… so in your ear I’ll softly whisper that…

 

When you smile with a real happiness and laugh with real joy.

 

When your eyes shine with a genuine light,

 

Dragging me out of my daily, mundane line.

 

When you let me hold tight and look at me with genuine delight.

 

When you adore the ordinary the same as the extraordinary.

 

That is the time that you truly do shine.

 

That, my love, is when you are most beautiful to me.

 

 

 

 

© 2020 Matt Campbell


Author's Note

Matt Campbell
Critique and feedback welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on May 21, 2020
Last Updated on May 21, 2020
Tags: romantic, love, poetic, heart-warming