Start of Crisis (Half-Complete)

Start of Crisis (Half-Complete)

A Story by SailBelowTheSea
"

In a new world wanting to be made through peace, prosperity, and righteousness a withering clan of ancients set out to make sure to allow all evil, war, and total chaos to break the free minded.

"
Among many there are those who wish not to fear, but yet this race must have intentions of fear. A great ideal laid among the ancient elders of Babylon, therefore, we as the Shadows must intend to find the secret to Crisis. "Zero!! Must you always create such tension between our brothers?!" the one man that nobody would ever think to cross paths with was Benjamin Hal Cortex aka "Nexus". His foul dexterity created darkness within the Brotherhood of Babylon. Babylon is my home and the one place I had to protect yet within the rules of the ancient Babylonians, I could only do what the task that was set out to me by my father Neil. He sent me for a task so dreadful that I doubt even Nexus could even complete. My father told me "Now son, within these last few months of our peace, and prosperity you must discover the Crisis." Crisis is a forbidden thing in Babylon for no one, not even the ancients of Babylon were allowed to look into the secret of the Crisis. It was said from the ancient Zeke "Crisis caused that which we fear most, and what most fear is themselves." Zeke sadly was executed later in those months of his words due to the rules of Babylon. What is the Crisis, and what is it that we could possibly fear?
I called out for Nexus, but I did it in a way that I knew I would regret for the rest of my journey. I called out "Ben!! HEY BEN!!!" the moment I yelled that nickname there was this fuse in Nexus that set off inside him causing an immediate explosion in his mood. Nexus slowly turned around and looked at me and then asked "I'm sorry, but Zero did you just call me what...I think you called me?" his blood-red eyes gazed straight into my eyes, my heart's pace started to race, and I felt this awkward feeling. The feeling was known to most as fear, but to me it was like a completely new experience, as if I was living a different life. "I....I.." the word I just kept stuttering out of my mouth and it just seemed I couldn't get any other words out of my mouth. Nexus immediately takes his hands and grasp my head, meanwhile, his partner Jacky went into Nexus's backpack and pulled out Nexus's favorite toy, the crowbar. I don't know what happened next quite well, but I do remember waking up and as I looked into the mirror at my home one side of my body was black and blue. I had also realized that with every step I took the pain was like a nail constantly driving into the skin. I could hardly even walk.  

The meeting of the ancients finally had arrived and all of our people knew that there was only two things that could come from a meeting like that. Bad news or even worse news. Well there one thing for sure the people of Babylon were scared, mainly frightened. They did not know what may come of this meeting or what may happen when they disperse. Fear....why must this thing, this little constant emotion or little feeling known as fear even exist. Well as the ancient Zeke once said "Man may know of what they may be, but will never know who they are" What he means by that is even though we may seem to know everything, the actual truth is we honestly know absolutely nothing. Crisis......Crisis, for every time I think of this thing, this possibility I feel as if I know of what Crisis is. Because of this, I decided to follow the footstep of my father Neil and set out to the guardian city of Naga.

The guardian city Naga was where my father Neil had went to do his studies upon the relics and Ancient Babylonian text. This thing as I know now as Crisis  is the one subject that my father would never shut up about. He predicted that within arrival of the Crisis shadows will dwell upon the seekers of the Crisis. Today I still believe this prediction he made is dead wrong due to the fact that the shadows have long died since the old century of Babylon. They were known as the Dark Kin. Sons of the night and daughters of the moon. There clan was wasted away due to the winter storms that were brought among Babylon during the Cold Way. The Cold Way is a desolate storm that comes every 100 years and it may come in any shape through any form. The last Cold way was 98 years ago. Which not to many people knew, we the people of Babylon only had two more years to prepare for the next Cold Way no matter what type of storm it may be. I had arrived to the bridge that crossed across Kina a river that passed all the way through the land of Babylon. Across the bridge set the guardian city of Naga and as I began to cross the bridge that strange feeling appeared again and for what I knew I couldn't tell why, but fear had struck my emotions again. There was something with that crossing that caused the feeling to appear if only I could figure the reason 

To Be Continued.

© 2015 SailBelowTheSea


Author's Note

SailBelowTheSea
Please note that this is my first story. I wish for all reviews bad or good. I wish for good quality reviews because with my writings I wish to become better. Any feedback I receive is greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on April 8, 2015
Tags: fiction, storytelling

Author

SailBelowTheSea
SailBelowTheSea

Pataskala, OH



About
Hello! My name is Tyler, I have quite the peak of interest towards what I write. It has never come to me that I would have and interest of writing, however, it seems my mind can't stop thinking of ins.. more..

Writing