Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by XXCharleaXX
"

Rebecca gains consciousness in a unusual place.

"

I awoke to the beep of medical machines; the earlier events evading me. I started the slow process of un-sticking my eyelids, curious of my surroundings. In my temporary blindness I listened carefully.
The steady beep of a medical machine to my right indicated a heart monitor. Directly above me I could hear the flickering of a light beam, the flickering irritating my still unfocused eyes. Though my vision was still blurry I could make out vague shapes. I could see the heart monitoring machine and what looked like an IV but I couldn't be too sure.
I lifted my hand and found it was held down as was my other hand and both my feet. Panicking I tried to sit up but a sharp pain exploded across my right side. I closed my eyes feeling and testing the restraints. Cool rings bolted to the table made of what I can only assume was metal wrapped around my wrists and ankles.

Realisation was starting to set in.

I'm bolted to a table in a medical surgery! The thought of not being able to move was running through my head, my breathing coming quicker and in short bursts. I felt as if an invisible hand was around my throat cutting off my oxygen making my head swim.
My skin was slick and clammy, sweat running off me in rivets. Panicking is not solving anything I told myself furiously Pull yourself together Alison! All I had to do was figure a way out of this.
In and out, in and out I kept telling myself, trying to control my breathing. I pushed the thought of restraints and medical machines out of my mind, blocking out everything. As my heart rate slowed I thought of normal things...I have to hand in my English and Science assignments to Mrs Burch or I should remind Susan to put out the rubbish. It took about 10 minutes to pull myself together but eventually I started thinking about the matter at hand forcing myself to stay rational.
Gingerly I flexed my limbs, it was not pretty. I winced and found my right ribs broken and a terrible pain shot up my right arm. Broken, I thought. It's definitely broken. My left leg was a bit sore but thankfully not bad, maybe mildly sprained. My injuries would be a hindrance in my escape I thought, my escape already building in my mind.
Only after I was sure of my injuries did I pay attention to my surroundings. Up until then I had assumed I was in a hospital, a weird mental hospital due to the restraints but still a hospital. After all it smelled like a hospital and the uncomfortable beds with sheets that felt like shower curtains were familiar.
My blue eyes scanned the small room and my breath caught in my throat.
A stainless steel table stood in the centre of the room, test tubes filled with strange liquids accompanied by a microscope decorated its surface. I'm in some sort of lab. I thought. Just when I thought I was dealing with the situation level-headed I had to go and screw it up.
The questions were already forming in my mind, I couldn't stop them. Dangerous questions that would lead me to thoughts I didn't want to think...How did I end up here? Why am I restrained. Why am I strapped down in some sort of lab…? I should have known better.
My head began to spin, and my breath came uneven, the events of my last moment's conscious flashing through my mind. My fragile heart leaping out of my chest, the feeling of having my oxygen cut off. At this very moment my body repeated these reactions as if I had gone back in time and the event was repeating. It was becoming more vivid, of how helpless I had felt and the feeling of complete loss of control over my future...I feel so dizzy...
The last thing I remember thinking was, I wonder what's in that test tube...



"Poor girl," The voice was unmistakably female. I estimated she was in her early twenties. Her voice sounded like Christmas music even when drenched with worry.
"She must have been so frightened.'” The women crooned.
My mind was still groggy and all I wanted was to go home, even though home was a cramped apartment with three girls I barely knew that stank like they needed to bathe. It was home. Not here. I shoved the urge to whine like a child away and didn't let them (whoever they were) know I was awake.
"She's our third case in the past month," this voice was a mature male, maybe early thirties. "It's just getting ridiculous!" Third case? What does he mean by third case? I continued to listen.
"August." the women said the man’s name as if she were warning him. She spoke as is if she was his age or older though she was clearly only a young women.
"He will go to any lengths against the Council!" The man she called August yelled. "He has Serena and her witches influencing rogue vampires. They've infected innocent humans all over the country." Witches? Vampires? Are these people nuts? The thought of vampires and witches walking among us was impossible. If by some tiny chance that he was telling the truth what else could be true? The thought scares me to death.
I decided now was a better time than ever to introduce myself to my visitors and opened my eyes carefully.
The man and women didn't notice me at first so I accessed my situation silently willing them not to notice.

The women caught my vision first. Her heart-shaped face was soft, her pale skin unblemished and her big green eyes framed with long red lashes sparkled like jewels. She had her fiery red hair cascading in soft waves down her shoulders. She wore a sea blue summer dress with spaghetti straps, the colour making her hair look like fire. All in all she was beautiful and I could easily match her with the beautiful voice like Christmas music. This was undoubtedly Elizabeth.

I shifted my gaze slightly and saw the man who could only be August. He had fine black hair elegantly streaked with grey. He had on a plain black T-shirt and jeans making him look casual but dressy at the same time. His appearance said middle aged but his manner made him seem ancient. His eyes were the colour of dark chocolate but in the heat of the moment sparked with fury. The set of his thin lips was also giving away his mood.

Agitated at my predicament and dumbfounded by this new knowledge I only said one sentence and I felt they were the only words needed.

"I think there are some things we need to discus."


~Becca~



© 2014 XXCharleaXX


Author's Note

XXCharleaXX
I do admit this chapter is better than the first so don't knock it till you try it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: Vampire, Revenge, Lost, Confusion


Author

XXCharleaXX
XXCharleaXX

Charters Towers, Australia



About
Girl: You should slow down, this is to fast Boy: This is how a motorcycle is supposed to feel but if you tell me you love me, I'll slow down Girl: I love you! Boy: Now you have to give me a hug. G.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by XXCharleaXX