Weather

Weather

A Poem by Xanthar Manmuffin

 

 

* It's going to rain somewhere today.

 

** Economic downturns and the popularity of movie remakes of 1980s cartoons are omens heralding a much greater storm. Thousands may die in the arctic blast. Especially if there are no free finger sandwiches available at the rest stops. 

 

*** When the dandelion whispers of our ancestors float past on prophetic winds, we may dance like leathery saints to the club remix of sunlight through stained glass martyrs. Mighty heroes are always reduced to the sad faces on tiny pocket trinkets and monetary notes. There is no math to calculate such sorrow; the starting points are too varied and the the scales flash-slide the entire neck like a hangman's noose.

 

** None of us are truly innocent. The virus is contageous and the symptoms are reflections of a so-called normal existence. Everyone fades fast like the colors of an old dragon's eyes. Cataracts mottle the once-brilliant flame.

 

* And, no matter how I try to see the pitches coming, all I truly know of the future is that it's going to rain somewhere today.

© 2011 Xanthar Manmuffin


Author's Note

Xanthar Manmuffin
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a jaded soul?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mighty heroes are always reduced to the sad faces on tiny pocket trinkets and monetary notes. ...Wow, that's quite the observation.
I love the old dragon's eye image - very expressive writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on March 30, 2011
Last Updated on March 30, 2011

Author

Xanthar Manmuffin
Xanthar Manmuffin

Bear, DE



About
I am an alien from the planet P-12. I live in Deleware, where I have found my suitable human slave: Chris. (Xanthar makes me eat scummy crumbs from under the refrigerator. Help me Please! Chris) more..

Writing