My Failure to Reconcile

My Failure to Reconcile

A Story by Xia
"

But I could nothing; it was a horrifying tale of the past and I could do nothing to reverse it. I could not change the end of a story already written.

"

            I don’t know when the hatred began to consume her to the point of where her world turned into a dark, desolated place. There was no hope, just pain. There was no light, just the enveloping darkness.

            She came to me, begging, crying, screaming, and all I could do was watch with my eyes full of tears.

“Please, please, please!” she cried. She would get down on her knees, repeating the same thing over and over again. “Please! Please! Please!”

But I could nothing; it was a horrifying tale of the past and I could do nothing to reverse it. I could not change the end of a story already written.

            “Please!” she begged, her chest heaving with deep sobs.

            “I can’t, I can’t!” I replied, my voice cracking as I cried my heart out with her.

            “Please! Please! Please!” she sobbed.

            “I can’t!”

            And then I woke up, covered in a crimson veil of his blood. And I placed my face in my hands, my mistake staring at me straight in the eyes. And then I cried, “Please…please…”

             She hated me, because despite her begging I still killed him because I hated him.

            With my hands shaking, I lift my face from them and stare at my diamond ring that felt like a weight on my left finger.

            Of course she would hate me, because she loved him.

            I became choked up with tears again as his last words were whispered in my head, “I love you, Angel.” It was the last thing he had ever said to her.

            My memories and cries were interrupted by the phone ringing, and I picked it up, the voice of my concerned best friend saying, “Angel?”

 

I’m sorry, forgive me

© 2008 Xia


Author's Note

Xia
Well, I hope it's not hard to understand. What I'm basically saying is that sometimes you have to learn how to forgive people, even yourself, despite what they've done. I tried to used a doppelganger but I'm not too sure on how did with writing it because this is my first try at it. Comments and criticism are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on December 30, 2008

Author

Xia
Xia

About
My name's Xia, and I am an aspiring writer who's burning passion for writing will never die, except in those cases of writer's block. ^.^ I'm a very crazy Asian who gets high on coke (Thank goodness I.. more..

Writing
A Fool A Fool

A Story by Xia


What am I? What am I?

A Poem by Xia


Hypocrisy Hypocrisy

A Poem by Xia