The Storm

The Storm

A Story by Adora.xo
"

Abstract and metaphorical? Bleh.

"

A thin piece of gauze lay over the sun, blurring its shape, and making it seem larger than it is. The dark clouds inched forward, slowly enveloping the blurred sun; threatening to take over the blue empire of this town’s skies. The greyish-pink wind made love with the scattered raindrops, and reproduced goose-bumps all over the vibrating skin stretched over my bones. People ran from the white sand, like frightened mice, and the clashing waves reached out for them, lonely. The winds moaned, and the raindrops came heavier, thicker, and quicker.

Spring’s petals gave in to the dominating breeze, and fell with the rain like pink snow. The sun hid from these wanton acts of nature behind the clouds, while they watched, unashamed. The blue skies were overwhelmed by the forces of the slate-coloured clouds. The grey, growing, mass roared barbarically over its soon-to-come victory; the wind, and rain ravished my hair in celebration. The petals floated lifelessly in the grey puddles, and the flashes of light from the grey empire, mocking the sun, reflected against the waters; making the petals come to life.

 As I looked about myself, the street corners were empty, and the world was... lifeless. The only sign of life right then was the war waging in the skies, and the white waves crashing against the dark sand; reaching out hopelessly, from its vast kingdom of loneliness. Then as the dark clouds settled into their new home a rumble echoed off the tall mountains, and reverberated through my bones, creating a different kind of goose-bump. I sighed and felt my clothes cling to me, like drowning children. As the drops of rain fell harder, and the clouds darkened ‘till it seemed almost as if midnight had made and early appearance, I turned my back and walked away.

I let the darkness wrap itself around the small town, and did not want to see what it would do next. I walked numbly, from the rumbling and growling of the clouds, and the moaning and wet pattering of the wind and rain. I guess they caught me watching, and the clouds growled loudly in disapproval; threatening to shock me with its stolen lightning bolts. The wanton sounds of nature grew louder, and I hid from the dark empires that are our skies, in my hole. Protected by the brick walls, and the cackling fire in my furnace, I glanced up at the roaring demons, with my fingers wrapped around a mug of hot chocolate; mocking it with my questioning gaze, and ponderous sighs. Oh my, looks like we’re going to have a storm tonight. How delightful...

And, then I fell asleep to dreams of wanton acts between you and her.

© 2010 Adora.xo


Author's Note

Adora.xo
Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The two first paragraphs I loved best for they are full of nuances and definitely very rich, in literary tones. I sensed in the remaining paragraphs a bit of sweetly malicious intent to seduce and get the reader lost in the coming storm. No? It's great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very Original, and delightfully charming.I like this kind of impromptu writing.It reflects the writer's power of absorbing,metamorphosizing and describing nature in a unique manner.Wonderful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You were in a groove here sweet, this was amazing, the description was top notch and the "my clothes stick to me like drowning children" was fantastic. The lst line was equally as lovely. Great job....

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the story. I like stormy storms. Sort of a ghostly feeling with the rain and the thunder. I like the complete story. The description brought me to the storm. I like the final words in the story. A very good story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah, that line, "The greyish pink wind made love with the scattered rain drops." Genius, really brought the work off of the page. You used personification galore in this piece. You just literally breathed life into every bit of nature that takes part in the form of a thunderstorm, from the winds, to the clouds, raindrops, disappearing sun, etc. Great job.

After I read the last line, it made me think, and I went back and read the whole piece again, "you and her"...?? hmmm...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loooved this.
"The greyish pink wind made love with the scattered rain drops."
You really know how to make a story come alive, something I need help with. lol
Great story about thunderstorms
I'm really in the mood for one now. *Slips in thunderstorm cd* I know, I know. It helps the writing though
Brilliantly written

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 10, 2010

Author

Adora.xo
Adora.xo

The One That's Non-Existant As Far As You're Concerned., British Columbia, Canada



About
So that you will hear me So that you will hear me my words sometimes grow thin as the tracks of the gulls on the beaches. Necklace, drunken bell for your hands smooth as grapes. And I wat.. more..

Writing
Saturday Saturday

A Poem by Adora.xo


Butterflies Butterflies

A Poem by Adora.xo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..