jigsaw

jigsaw

A Chapter by Anya
"

"Hello errr.... Acacia" I woke with a jolt... or it felt that way

"

Someone was crying but I couldn't see them. Why couldn't i see them? My eyes were shut. I tried to pull my heavy lids open but... but I couldn't. I tried to part my lips, to utter the words to ask but I couldn't move them. My body wasn't working. I tried to lift my hand, twitch a finger, move my little toe. Tried in vain. Suddenly I became aware of everything else. I couldn't see, couldn't move but I could still hear and feel. A relentless beeping quickened as my heart did. I could sense a woman next to me. She was slumped in a chair, sobbing.  I could just... tell. It was hard to explain but without my sight. The world became more alive. Soft sheets enfolded around me. It didn't take a genius to work out that i was in a hospital.

 

I strained to remember why. Flashes of light and sounds came whirling towards me from the back of my head. Jumbled together.

 

Racing through the town at great speed. Pushing through crowds, my head pulled back into a grey flannel hoodie. A blare of a horn and... and scarlet. The pieces of my jigsaw were in the wrong order. I felt like frowning. I couldn't think straight. The pillow my head was resting on was soft. I felt myself fading as the beeping slowed down to a steady rhythm.

 

"Hello errr.... Acacia" I woke with a jolt... or it felt that way. I listened hard. The sobbing woman was gone. There was a person in the room. It was a boy who had spoken. He had been at the door but was now walking towards me. No, around me, to sit in a chair.

"I'm supposed to be here and... well help you I guess"

huh? I didn't recognise his voice.

"Do you know who I am?"

 No, freak... Go away. Why are you here?

"I'm.... i'm lunch" he said

What on earth?!

"well... That's what people call me anyway" I wanted to laugh.

Lunch... righty-ho.



© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
i'm 13 thanks for your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on June 28, 2009


Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya