My conversation with Troy8 about contraception and abortion.

My conversation with Troy8 about contraception and abortion.

A Story by YeshuaRedeemed

I said: "Contraception is a right. If I want to prevent a pregnancy, thats my right" to which Troy8 replied: "I wouldn't say it's a right, but there certainly isn't anything stopping you from buying it yourself" to which I replied: "So low income women dont have the right to prevent pregnancy? Got it" to which Troy8 replied: "Of course they do. There's a very easy way and what's more, it's free!", to which I replied: "Not your body? Not your choice. Women have the right to use contraception." to which Troy8 replied: "So if someone wants to insert a bomb inside their body and stand next to me, I would have no say in the matter? That's nice to know. Saying it's a right is so misleading. When a company pays for the contraception of their employees, it's considered an added benefit of the job. I understand that women should be able to acquire contraception and I fully support it. But to twist that into the notion that companies must pay for contraception for their employees is so misguided." to which I replied: "Slippery slope fallacy. Contraception does not lead to terrorism.", to which Troy8 replied: "Wait hold up. So your new thing is to just cite logical fallacies and refuse to address my point? What I said wasn't a slippery slope fallacy, I wasn't saying contraception would lead to terrorism. I'm illustrating that there is a hole in your "my body, my choice, the end" mantra with an example" to which I replied: "Incorrect. You used a fallacy when you said I support bombing this. Contraception is not mass terrorism. I know its too much for you to handle with your religion malfunction, but contraception is not terrorism and you were way out of line accusing me of supporting that. It is a slippery slope fallacy to say that supporting a womans right to contraception equals terrorism especially when it is the antichoice movement is the one committing acts of terrorism. I dont support a free for all, but I dont support a ban either. It is also a strawman fallacy what you said and I could play the same game as you, but Im an adult, so I shall behave as such. You young man need to not bear false witness per the Lords command in the Holy Bible. Smooches, sonny boy. ;)"

© 2014 YeshuaRedeemed


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on July 24, 2014

Author

YeshuaRedeemed
YeshuaRedeemed

WA



About
Hello. My name is Dana Louise Singley. I am a Yeshua redeemed Christian. Politically, I am a centrist. My favorite Bible is the Authorized King James Version, but I refuse to judge Christians who read.. more..

Writing