Firefly

Firefly

A Poem by Yheela
"

my love song, a tribute

"

She flies more straight, more quickly, more true. Than any other ship in the 'verse. If you've taken her for a spin, you know what I'm all about. If not, that that's a shame for you.


Her captain Mal will scream and shout and bang the panels, but he loves her and he truly loves the crew. He’s a war hero, but don't tell him that, he'll just make you eat your hat.


Her pilot Wash flies her faster and better than any other ship known to man. He’s a leaf on the wind, watch how he soars; he's that good, gorram! Married to a warrior woman he is, but he knows nothing about that biz.


Her first officer Zoe knows all tricks of the trade ain't no cooler woman made.  She bump you on your head, so don't go messin' with any of the crew, she'll make you weep and wish you were dead.


Her thug Jayne will load her full of weapons of the strangest kind. He's most happy when booz and women are on his mind. Though he'd rather have them both in bed, and at the same time. He'd say that's how to spend your time just fine. 


Her mechanic Kaylee is all heart and soul. She knows her ship front to back, every nook and cranny, every hole. She lights a candle for the doc every night before she sleeps. Even though most of the time his not looking makes her want to weep.


Her companion Inara brings beauty and flair. Heavy lidded eyes may fool anyone but there's a sharp mind under all that beautiful hair. What's up with her and the captain, is it love all pure and true. We will be kept wondering me and you.  


Her shepherd Book brings thought and reflection to them all. Even though his conduct and knowledge makes us all wonder where he's been before. Not always a man of god, that much we know. Never will he tell us though.


Her medic Simon is brilliant enough to cure whatever you throw at him, but when it comes to girls and love he's kind of dim. There's attraction to be sure, but why does he never take that last step to score.


Her girl wonder River makes any mind seem stupid and dull. It's such a shame the Alliance had to go dig through her skull. She does everything with immense grace and she eventually makes the Alliance lose face.


She is the most perfect boat that's ever made her way central planets and back. Her crew handle anything with an uncanny knack. Forever my heart flies through the 'verse. Knowing that without Serenity this life of mine would be so much worse.

© 2012 Yheela


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This seeems to be an amalgum of wonderful space travel series.. great characters, quite unusual in various ways. Don't think Firelfy shows in the UK, You write very fluently and fluidly, obviously love the people - seem to have analysed them to some extent. This makes for smooth reading without losing anything literary in the process. For some reason the penultimate description made me laugh then cringe!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yheela

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
It only showed for a few episodes on Fox, it's never been on TV in Sweden. I've got.. read more



Reviews

This seeems to be an amalgum of wonderful space travel series.. great characters, quite unusual in various ways. Don't think Firelfy shows in the UK, You write very fluently and fluidly, obviously love the people - seem to have analysed them to some extent. This makes for smooth reading without losing anything literary in the process. For some reason the penultimate description made me laugh then cringe!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yheela

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
It only showed for a few episodes on Fox, it's never been on TV in Sweden. I've got.. read more
well that was quite incredible.....Why can't I do that?? Terrific ride, thanks...Oh...I'm all worn out now

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dr. Wood ?

11 Years Ago

no problem, I only wish that i could write like that.
Yheela

11 Years Ago

Practice makes perfect?
Dr. Wood ?

11 Years Ago

yes miss
Loved the ride, and description, interstellar travel on a starship, mixed with humanity and a far seeing eye...............Star Trek Rocks :O)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yheela

11 Years Ago

I like Star Trek, but this isn't Star Trek. This is the scifi-series Firefly. ^_^
linear

11 Years Ago

Dont have Firefly...
Yheela

11 Years Ago

It was canceled after just 12 shows.
Shades of Captin Kirk? but with panche!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yheela

11 Years Ago

It's a brilliant series, that got cancelled after half a season.
Damn you Fox! *shakes fist.*.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012

Author

Yheela
Yheela

Gotene, Sweden



About
Reader, geek, published poet and author, gamer, nerd, mom, lazy, N7, wannabe, kind, Browncoat, ironic, Borderlander, crafty and a lot more ... ~*~ more..

Writing
Empty spaces Empty spaces

A Poem by Yheela



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..