Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by De Palma

Prolouge

Date:2450 A.D.

 

The streets of New York have been completely destroyed in the last four years. All that's left of them now are piles of rubble and ashes, with no sane person in sight.  Sector police still continued to patrol the outskirts. A few of them were chasing a convict down on what used to be 48th street. This convict was wearing normal pedestrian clothes, except for the mysterious long, brown coat that dragged along the ground behind him. He jumped off a building and landed on his feet without so much as a whisper of a sound. Then, he rolled on the ground, and looked up. Two sector officers were on top of the building, glaring down at him. The convict got up and continued his escape.

 

Loud breathing escaped his lips as the man kept running. Rubbing his short, black hair, he finally paused and  crouched behind a pile of debris. Orange eyes glanced back behind his right shoulder. Then, with a loud sigh, he jumped up and continued running. His enemies followed him, growing nearer with every second that flew by. One of the men shouted at the fleeing man, commanding him to stop. Herotix knew he only had a minute to give in, or he'd be dead for sure. He had only two options available to him: obey their commands and go willingly, or fight. With only a few seconds left, Herotix wheeled around to face his followers.

 

Fireballs covered his hands as he prepared for his attack. A small smile showed, partially revealing sparkly white teeth. At that moment, he fired.

 

The pursurers didn't know what was coming. The only thing they did know, however, was that they weren't going to live long enough to tell the tale. One fireball and they were all ashes, more or less. A giant hole about ten feet deep and wide protruded into the ground where Herotix fired.

This is the best you can do, General Haze? thought Herotix, looking up into the sky. Dark clouds rolled in above, and small drops of rain started to fall all around him. Then the rain grew heavier, and in moments time, his entire body was soaked.

 

Herotix continued running, not stopping for anything. It was around noon, he guessed, before he did actually stop. A loud whirring noise was coming from behind him. He turned around and squinted ahead. It was a rescue ship, and it looked like it had been through hell and back. Black smoke was emanating from its rear, and the front winshield had a few holes. The damaged vessal looked much like a fighter jet, except that it had what looked like a cargo box coming from the back. Herotix broke at a run toward the breaking-down air vessal at full speed.             

 

The airship stuttered and slowy landed on the surface below. A bridge from the back lowered and Herotix ran in. Two USWA* soldiers were there to greet him. The pilot stated that they could not lift off, and moments later, a warning sound blasted through the ship.

 

"Damn!! Two missles!! Bogies, bogies! Three o'clock!!" shouted the co-pilot, attempting feverishly to start the machine back up. Herotix rushed outside and looked east. There, coming fast and with white smoking coming out the rear, was a blue plasma missile heading straight for them. A noise forced him to spin around and see four more coming from the west. Then he looked above.

"Nuke...damn," cursed Herotix, closing his eyes.

 



© 2008 De Palma


Author's Note

De Palma
Ignore grammar issues. Criticize everything else!! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

no criticism from me. i'll look again later when i'm not still sleep but this is pretty good.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on October 19, 2008


Author

De Palma
De Palma

About
I am an aspiring writer. I'm fifteen, and of course, I'm still going to High School. I'm working on my first novel, Herotix, not for publication until I'm older. I want to have a life first, not that .. more..

Writing
Herotix Herotix

A Book by De Palma


The Meeting The Meeting

A Chapter by De Palma