Shigeru Heike: The Forsaken

Shigeru Heike: The Forsaken

A Chapter by YokaiShinigami


                We’re trapped, there’s nothing more that we can do. We are the last of our kind and that is all there is to it. Once we are gone, the world will be a supposedly better place. However something does not sit right with me. I can’t just let myself or my friends get killed. We cannot just do nothing while the world serves us injustice. 

                “What’s the enemy count?” I ask my allies. They are still trying to cope with the idea that death is upon them and there is nothing that will save us.

                “Let’s just say there’s more than we can handle.” An all too familiar voice says as it’s speaker enters. It’s Kenji. He’s dressed in a military uniform.  I never thought I would see him again. Though that’s how all our encounters seem to end, and then he shows up again.  “This time, will be the last time we meet, old friend.”

                “So what are we up against exactly?” asks Victor, he holds close to him a combat knife, slowly carving away at the floor below him, a forlorn look in his eyes.

                “If you really want details that badly, we’re about to face off against 2000 soldiers, 500 automatons,  and 50 psuedo-knights. Each of them has the order to kill us on sight. Well except me of course.  Seeing as I have this military uniform, I look like one of them. Oh wait, never mind, they have themselves tagged, so that we can’t pull that trick on them either. It seems this really is the end. “ Kenji looks out the window to see the legion coming across the horizon. “Let’s see what we have, hmmm, Shigeru Heike, the White Tiger of Shibuya, a deadly warrior who defeated Yamada alongside myself.  Delilah and Lavender Gemini, together the two of you are nearly as powerful as either myself or Shigeru. And lastly we have Victor Credence and D’Angelo Wallace, both of whom are about as strong as Shigeru and I were 3 years ago. That would put you on par with lower A class knights. Essentially, we only have the manpower to wipe out about half their forces. If we’re lucky, that is.”

                “Alright, I’m going to buy you guys some time. See if you can get any of this complex’s autonomous defenses up before then. It will take some time, but you must do it.” I say, inhaling deeply. “It’s such a beautiful day, it would be a shame to spend it indoors, wouldn’t you say?”I say sarcastically, picking up a Hawkeye 100 caliber sniper rifle. 

                I walk through the winding maze that had formerly been the Bureau of Special Defense’s main building.  It has only been a year since then, since this place had been barricaded and turned into an internment camp. This is where we as knights were kept, quarantined, because the normal humans were afraid of us, of what we could do.  It wasn’t a great life, but it was livable. However, one of the smaller camps started a rebellion. At that moment, a universal order had been issued. We were all to be eliminated. Killed off, anyone and everyone who had figured out how to harness the power of their souls had been fair game to be killed. A few of us more prominent knights were put under search and destroy orders and well, here we are, the last remnants of another age, trying to fight for our honor, because we know, that no matter what we do, no matter how hard we try, we will not live.

                I see them approaching from the scope of my hawkeye, the first wave is a lot of 10 psuedo knights, each on Margrave, that’s an all terrain bike given to Psuedo-knights. This should be relatively simple, they’re charging head on at 200 miles per hour, they’ll be here in about  30 seconds. I quickly steady my aim and empty the magazine of 12 rounds, managing to hit 4 of them, and taking out 2 others in collateral. Wonderful.

                The remaining four are all apparently close range fighters. They draw on their energy glaives and attack me, I evade one with ease and use a lighting based spell on him that tears through his armor instantly killing him. Taking his glaive, I then square off against the other 3. They lunge. I step forward and intercept, destroying their weapons in the process. 

                They look at me from behind their visors, I’m sure they’re afraid, knowing that they share the same fate as me, and knowing that nothing will change that. They then fire lightning bolts at me using their built in arc casters, it’s a different kind of magic, one that uses technology instead of the power of the soul. I have a feeling that in a the next few years these pseudo knights will have replaced us, and might end up repeating this cycle all over, but now is not the time to ponder the future. I find myself having instinctively dodged their attacks and having decapitated one, and impaled another.

                “Now you have no weapon, you’re dead!!!” The last one exclaims. I guess in his hysteria he’s forgotten that I am a knight. He continues, “I’d like to see you take this head on!” He charges up his arc blaster to full power and moves in to hit me at pointblank. I must admit, if he pulls that shot off, I’m going to be seriously injured. Though, it’s unlikely. The barrel of his caster moves closer to my torso as it is about to fire a burst of lightning at me. I quickly summon my soul shard, a white katana that can slice through nearly anything with its aura reinforced blade and sever his hand, the arc blaster turns to face him as it hits the ground and fires a massive explosion of plasma at him, incinerating his legs to nothingness. He is still alive though, so I mercifully end his suffering.  

                This scuffle of mine took too long though, as the next wave is less than a minute away, I close the gate to the complex behind me. And look onward as plasma bolts start to fly in my direction along with incendiaries. I release the full extent of my souls power, and I am clad in a white samurai like armor. It protects me from more dangerous weapons all while increasing my speed and spell casting abilities. This will be it. The last time I ever get to wield my blade. And this will be the first time I get to die with honor. 



© 2010 YokaiShinigami


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on October 5, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010


Author

YokaiShinigami
YokaiShinigami

IL



About
I'm an artist, I seek to express myself, and use many different mediums more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by YokaiShinigami