As is his life

As is his life

A Story by Yoryii
"

I found inspiration in the search for meaning, but I enjoy placing a character as someone with everyone but at the same time missing so many other things

"
No longer needing his life, a man set sail to the unknown world. He did not know what awaited him or what would happen, but a sense of freedom overcame his entire body. He no longer felt chained by life, he felt as a bird flying on its own wings for the first time. As he complimented his existence, he walked towards a place he sought. In his dreams, the man saw a mountain. At its peak, the mountain held a key, a key that would show him the secret of life and so he walked until he found the mountain. As he began climbing, the man thought of his past life, his happy memories as well as the bad ones, he realized that a life is not just a body given birth into a world, it is a set of all kinds of experiences, either good or bad, that make up each and every person no matter how insignificantly small they are and this included him... As he awoke, the man found himself already at the top of the mountain and that is when it became clear, the key was not in the top, its was throughout the journey and the climb that he found the key to life and there the man died, knowing the secret of life.

© 2014 Yoryii


Author's Note

Yoryii
Please give your homest opinion, it is a simple short story and the first I weite so I wish to know how good I did for a first try

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on December 26, 2014
Tags: Life, purpose, search, soul

Author

Yoryii
Yoryii

Humacao, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico



About
I find inspiration on everyday things, people and situations, but I give them a twist to my liking and I simply want to know the opinion of other since this is my first time wrotting more..

Writing
No more Hope No more Hope

A Story by Yoryii