False Prophet or Not

False Prophet or Not

A Story by John Carver

Hiamofta was  being pushed around. His brother Ahstatfe was smaller than he was but he was more aggressive when he was angry. Hiamofta lost his footing and fell. Ahstatfe lunged on him and started hitting him with all he had. Hiamofta was scared but mostly unhurt when Ahstatfe ran out of energy and stopped punching at which time he stood and kicked Hiamofte in the ribs. Blood was running from Hiamofta’s mouth and it was bright red coming from his lungs when finally Otoktaf got Ahstatfe off of him.


“Are you alright?” Otoktaf asked Hiamofta as he seemed to throw up more blood. Otoktaf looked at his brother who was wide eyed but not remorseful about what he had done. “In the name of Jesus Chist! What have you done? You’ve punctured his lung! Are you insane?”


Ahstatfe stared at Otoktaf but was still too angry to consider it.


“Go sit in the recliner until you cool off! Now!” Otoktaf shouted.


Then Otoktaf worked to stop the bleeding which had broken the skin and left him with a large gash just before his lower rib and the next. He applied just pressure. Then taking a white towel he wrapped it around his hand and held it in place while applying pressure. It didn’t take long until he had stopped the blood from flowing from his body. But he was worried about the blood that Hiamofta was spitting up now and mixed with phlegm was being spit away from his attempts to breathe normally. There was nothing to do for a punctured lung out here in this backwards place but let it coagulate and close on its own which it had gradually done.



Ahstatfe was worried he had killed him and called from the recliner, “How is he?”


Otoktaf shouted, “I think he will live now if that’s what you mean?” Then he added a moment later, “No thanks to you!” and stood to cast a look with an expression that clearly stated, had to mean, “Don’t even think about hitting me!”


Ahstatfe took it as a challenge and his expression showed it. But he was cooler now and  he just left it lie.


“Are you still angry?” Otoktaf asked. Then he asked too soon for Ahtatfe to answer, “What in the name of God set you off like that?”


“He called me a false prophet!!” Ahstatfe yelled.


“Did you lie?” Otoktaf asked as he sat Hiamofta up to begin wrapping his chest with ACE bandage. Then he said to Hiamofta, “Can you stand? It would be a lot easier if you could.”


Hiamofta stood and spit blood and phlegm when he was upright and said, “I’m alright. How bad am I bleeding?


Otoktaf said, “I have stopped the bleeding and I have your rib in place so it won’t open your lung again for now anyway.”


“The b*****d kicked me in the ribs!” he tried to shout. “He just kept coming! He was like a wildman.”


“Were you serious about what you said to him?” Otoktaf asked Hiamofta.


“You bet I was,” he said, “But I was going to help him. Then this! I’ve seen people fall before. But it wasn’t even a second. He just snapped, that quick! Don’t you think he was wrong?”


“I don’t know,” Otoktaf said, “I wasn’t listening. All I know is that you guys were talking and it was getting heated but not really loud. Then he started pushing you around so I got out of your way. I thought you could handle him. You’re a lot bigger than he is.”


“I can hear you guys, you know?” Ahstatfe said.


“You! Shut up!” Otoktaf yelled. “It’s over! I’m just trying to get to the  bottom of it!” Then he turned to Hiamofta and said, “Now you go lie down in bed.”


“No, I’m okay,” Hiamofta said.


“Part of it is,” Otoktaf whispered, “I want you as far away as I can get you and it won’t do you no harm to lie down.”


“I ain’t scared of him!” Hiamofta said.


“In your condition!” Otoktaf whispered. “What if he hits you in that rib?”


“Oh,” Hiamofta said quietly, “I think I will. I’m still a little shaky.”


As Hiamofta headed for the bedroom Otoktaf entered the living room.


“You!!” he shouted at Ahstatfe. “Outside! Now! I want to talk to you!”


“Why?” Ahstatfe asked, “I ain’t no false prophet!!”


“Now!!” Otoktaf said. “I said, ‘Now!’ Do you hear me?”


Ahstatfe  began to stand but he was angry again.


“Now!!” Otoktaf said and opened the door.


Ahstatfe began walking his way keeping his eyes on Otoktaf. But he walked within inches of him out the door. Then he turned his head and sneered at Otoktaf. Otoktaf sneered back.


“I can take him too,” Ahstatfe said very quietly once outside.


“Don’t you ever even think like that!” Otoktaf shouted. “I’ll hurt you! I swear and that ain’t a false prophecy.”


“Okay, okay!” Ahstatfe said. “What do you want to talk about?”


“What are you?” Otoktaf asked. “That is no way for a Christian to behave! Don’t you ever do that again! You idiot! He is twice your size! If he fought you he would hurt you! Bad.”


“I chopped him down some, is all,” Ahstatfe said as if he was proud of it.


“There are no devils now,” the Author told him, “They are all in the abyss. There is no one in him.”


“Why did you fall so fast?” Otoktaf asked after he let him cool down some more. “You just stay out here until you are ready to go back to Jesus and to apologize to your brother. Your brother! Hiamofta.”


Then Otoktaf turned his back and went back in the cabin leaving Ahstatfe outside who raved and roared in his mind for a good twenty minutes before the Holy Spirit asked Jesus to help him.


“Ahstatfe,” Jesus said.


Ahstatfe ignored him.


“He’s not ready yet,” Jesus said.


“Will he come back?” the Author asked.


“That,” Godt said, “Only he can decide.”


Meanwhile Hiamofma said. “Is it possible for the Gods to disobey God? What do you think?”


“God did when he created Satan,” Otoktaf said, “He is still alive. But he died completely enough to go to the pit as evil for he did everything Satan did. Now he has been brought back to life and is completely different for he just told me that there is no Satan any longer and Satan being an angel was a messenger of someone. God had to be him. But he never was God. Everything is exactly the same but completely different. But most importantly they have to disobey him on something, even God the Father for they love him and they could not love him if they had no choice. There are no accidents. Everything is intentionally done. It is a misnomer to say you never intended to do something or that there are any such things as an accident. Someone intentionally caused it or it would not have happened. Everyone else may have done what they, being who and what they are, had no actual choice what to do but they all intended to bring the accident to fruition even if they were ignorant and did not know it would come to that. They all decided to do what they did. So they are all guilty before God, the God of the Gods, even the victim or victims.”


“Ahstatfe was right!” Hiamofma said. “It is not only possible but it has already happened. But you say there is no more Satan. Why is there still evil?”


“God made all men to be like God or in other words him and he was evil. So they are evil. There is more than enough evil to go around with or without Satan. We just can’t say any longer, ‘The Devil made me do it.’”


“Where did you get such insight?” Hiamofma asked.


“I alway prophesy only the words God gives me,” Otoktaf said.


“So do I,” Hiamofma said, “What is God up to having me prophesy that Ahstatfe is a false prophet.”


“It must mean that by the time he is done he will believe he was wrong and convince everybody of that,” Otoktaf said. “What else could it mean? But I am not prophesying that of course just so you understand.”


“Unless,” Hiomofma began. “God wants them to obey him but has commanded them not to obey him so they can love him in the hope they will love him enough to obey him.”


“Now that can be!” Otoktaf shouted with excitement. “You got that from God or at least one of the Gods who loved him so much they disobeyed him to make themselves vulnerable enough for him to love them.”


“It’s perfect!” Hiamofma said, “Everything changes with the Gods all disobedient to what God wants while obeying him all along taking the chance that God would love them enough to make it a never ending truth that changes everything but is never completed and even if it is completed God simply becomes completely new or dies to become God again, but this time God who actually wants to be obeyed so they love each other whether the Gods do evil or not and love God enough to make it possible for him to love them even if it destroys him.”


“That is confusing,” Otoktaf said.


“It may be,” But that is what the Author said Hiamofma said, “And I prophesied that in him who is God whether the Author or not I don’t know.”


“What do we do with Ahstatfe then?” Otaktaf said.


“We tell him not to believe his prophecy that the Gods can disobey God,” Hiamofma said.


“When he, um, refuses,” Otoktaf said, “We hug him and say that we knew he loved us too much to abandon a prophecy from God and that makes it so we can love him, right or wrong.”


“He’ll say, ‘I am not a false prophet!’” Hiamofma shouted and we will say, “If you love us you’ll stick to it for life! God will make it right.”


“Then we repeat the prophecy we were given to him,” Otoktaf said, “And whether he believes us or just gets confused we tell him. We love you because God loved you enough to make it true and because we can for, even we, can disobey you and you can’t love someone you can only obey and don’t have the power to disobey like Big Brother. Then he’s in a bind and has to love us from then on.”


They waited for Ahstatfe to come in and when he did they followed their plan word for word and told him about the prophecy and he loved them and said, “Now I have to love you guys and cannot force you to believe I am a not a false prophet or not.”


Then they had a group hug and things were back to normal among the three brothers, Otoktaf, Ahstatfe and Hiomofma.

© 2021 John Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on July 17, 2021
Last Updated on July 18, 2021

Author

John Carver
John Carver

Bemidji, MN



About
The new creation is started. All died yesterday. The emphasis is on love and living forever both believers in the King and believers in the Queen who was scorned by the dragon. You are all free to do .. more..

Writing