13 Weathered Hearts

13 Weathered Hearts

A Poem by Tanya Y.
"

A poem for mom

"
~Be still my heart, please don't drift too far away.
We only had so much time, but we still need you to stay.
Your face appears in the iridescent clouds above,
smiling down from heaven at our children, one more time filling them with your love.
At night when we sleep, we feel the warmth of your presence giving us comfort.
The morning sun will peak through our windows and the blinding light will remind us of how bright you were, so brilliant and beautiful, nothing could dim your shine.
When it is hot and sunny outside, we will assume it is the sun reflecting off of your halo as you look on from the other side.
Once we are in the shade we will think of every time you have protected us
Each and every one of us has had different memories of you, but we all knew how much love you had for those around you so
every time it rains, we will smile at the thought of you nestled comfortably at the end of a rainbow. 
when the sun comes out from behind the clouds and starts gleaming, we will see the outline of your wings.
We thank God for the soul that has been placed in our lives, you were an angel in the shape of our mom.
You left behind so many children, and all of us will stick together.
We will honor your memory and make you proud. 
There never is a right time to say goodbye so now we will simply say, See you later.
All the love we have in our hearts for you, we will bestow it onto our children. 
Our hearts will never be the same, but we are glad we got to experience life with you.
RIP Mommy, please continue watching over us and rest in paradise. 

© 2023 Tanya Y.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on September 9, 2023
Last Updated on September 9, 2023

Author

Tanya Y.
Tanya Y.

Lemoore, CA



About
Formally known as NavyWife15, I enjoy reading, writing and listening to various genres of music. Without music I honestly don't know where I would be in this life. I love food and comedy movies,i'm in.. more..

Writing