My People

My People

A Poem by YoungT

Your eyes execute me, as they look me up and down. I feel foolish in front of you, as if I was a jester while you wear the crown. With a brave heart I stand, yet still talk terrorist to them all. They view me as an enemy, just waiting for me to fall. I know who I am, I’m just exhausted trying to prove it to you. Look deep within my eyes and maybe you’ll see the truth. Lies about my people is all my ears seem to hear. Your soldiers go to war, and my people are left with fear. Tears of my family members slowly shed. Your people walk away not concerned that mine are dead. The heart of a man should matter more then his race. Killed for our color we have no rights in this place. I fight a war that most don’t know exist. Just trying to survive, from death I resist. My soul spits wisdom throughout every word. Only speak to send a message and hope one day I’m heard. All the talent I hold can’t be wasted. I just pray someone will hear me and stop the hatred. When we can rest not needing to kill and steal for our people’s sake. I’ll be proud to say that Ewan Gewargis did not make a mistake. I just want to look up one day and thank my grandfather for the freedom. He brought us to America thinking it would come. Now I wait hoping one day to see it. Freedom is earned and my people deserve it.

© 2013 YoungT


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013
Tags: deep, youngt, assyrian

Author

YoungT
YoungT

Glendale, AZ



About
A young spoken word artist. I am from Phoenix, Arizona. My Pen name is Young T. I tend to write dark meaningful spoken word. more..

Writing
Fresh Fresh

A Story by YoungT


Memories Memories

A Poem by YoungT