Im Different

Im Different

A Poem by YoungT
"

just a story about life

"
Im Different

See as a young seed when I was being raised I was always told im different from my people. I never understood who my people were so when I heard that I just thought it was a bunch of bull. Growing up I’ve realized we are separated by our color and race. I don’t understand how we can judge so much for when I look around this place I only see God’s creations another child with just a different colored face. I see another soul trapped in a temple to accomplish why they were put here before they leave. Yet I’m still told they aint the same as me even though they believe what I believe. I want to better the world before it’s too late. The only problem is each day that goes by I walk in the streets only to find more hate. Bullets from a gun left in the bodies of my boys. S***s crazy see when I was growing up I thought guns only shoot water I thought they were just toys. People tell me I shouldn’t smoke weed they say its not something I need. But life goes by slower marijuana minutes, I feel like Ill live longer, in my system is where marijuana fits. Not another drug addict don’t get me wrong. Its just life is short and when Mary Jane slows it down I feel like I can live long. I still have to be careful when I’m high. Scared I might get shot become an angel and to heaven I’ll fly. See the streets will kill you for the color you wear. Now I know that doesn’t sound to fair but aint nobody out here who will care. Cops say they out here watchin out for us. But when their job isn’t done and another bodies found dead with the cops we can’t fuss. With their job I see no progress. And until my people stop dieing on the streets I don’t believe 5-o have become a success. Now you might tell me im wrong and that police really try. Yet I still see another day where another person had to die another family was left to cry and another cop who didn’t stop a bullet but instead he let it fly. Let it soar into an innocent criminal a young street prisoner. Another temple of god left to rot while the soul is remembered as the good person they were. Im told not to worry that this kind of stuff only happens in the ghetto. But ghetto seems to be the definition to this whole world and everybody acts like its something they don’t know. See being rich doesn’t mean you can’t get shot, it just means you can pay for protection thinking you won a battle you never even fought. Being poor now I see that as the best thing there is to be. For when you work for what you get you feel better knowing you deserved it or maybe that’s just me. Maybe I’m just a different temple god has designed. Maybe he had a reason for giving me such a complex mind. So no im not just different from my people I’m different from the world I live in. But since we all get a chance to heaven I guess I still win.

© 2013 YoungT


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting piece, you touch on a lot of truth throughout. It's refreshing to find a writer with so much to say! Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


YoungT

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. All feedback is loved.
Travis Gibson (poetic heroics)

10 Years Ago

It was a pleasure.
I find the writer to have the power to take the bull by the horns and smash it into the ground. This has a level of ancient truth and modern pain. I hope you keep writing and make your own way across the stars.





Nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


YoungT

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the feedback.
Very profound statement! You are different and be proud of that; that's what makes us all unique, but I'm sure you knew that. Use this talent to reach those who don't yet know they're differentness is good...is differentness a word? Well it is now. Keep it up! Very powerful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


YoungT

10 Years Ago

Haha I don't think it is a word, and thank you for the feedback.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2013
Tags: deep, youngt

Author

YoungT
YoungT

Glendale, AZ



About
A young spoken word artist. I am from Phoenix, Arizona. My Pen name is Young T. I tend to write dark meaningful spoken word. more..

Writing
Fresh Fresh

A Story by YoungT


Memories Memories

A Poem by YoungT