Chapter One - Pack a bag

Chapter One - Pack a bag

A Chapter by Kayleah R. Buckley

I wake up in my bed, I am cuddling my old stuffed duck, his name is Brooksy, my friend Beau Brooks won it for me at a carnival when I was 6 and he was 9. What seems like a morning sun, is blaring in threw my open blinds. I must of fell asleep well waiting for them all to leave.
I get up and look at my phone, and see its 12:01. S**t! I race downstairs still dressed in last nights clothes, as I go to walk into the kitchen, I see a body on the couch. I walk in slowly and see its the woman officer from last night.

“About time you woke up.”
“What? What.. Why are you still here?”
“You are underage, you can't stay here alone.”
“Well, can my friend or something stay?”
“Unless they are over 18 and can prove to look after you, then no.”
“Wait so? Your living here now?”
“No, you need to pack a bag.”
“Why?”
“You're going to England.”
“What! Why? And huh?”
“Well you're 16 still a minor. You aren't out of school yet, you need a adult to look after you.”
“So who is there in England for me?”
“I don't know, I haven't been told that yet.”

I stare blankly out the window and watch people walk past. If they only knew what happened in this house last night, would they still walk past this house? I look at the sky, so sunny and the clouds just roll by. The sky has never reflected my feelings, like most people. On grey, cold days I seem to be happy on sunny, bright, happy days I am normal unhappy. My world came crumbling down, last night. I feel dead inside! As I watched my dad die, I held him till he died then find out my whole life is a lie, I don't know what's true anymore.

“Darcey.” She says well waving her arms in front of me.

I shake my head waking myself from my daydream. 

“Darce, go pack your bags. I'll get very thing else sorted.”

I go up to my room and grave my suitcases out of my wardrobe. I still don't know the name of this officer, I never caught the name of any of them, not that it matters. 
I grave my phone and go onto my Facebook account and update my status.

Darcey Gabrielle Fitzy: In not even 24 hours, one whole world can come tumbling down and the truth comes out. Wish I didn't know, my whole life is based on lies. Thank Joseph, If that's your real name.

I grave the clothes off my hangers in my wardrobe and place them neatly in my suitcase, I do the same with the clothes in my tall boy. I pack up my laptop and all the normal stuff.
New life in England and whoever I am living with, I hope it is better then Australia. 
Australia near felt like home, I didn't get close to people, I just kept to my self. I will miss my school though Seda, school for the talented or to develop in a sport. I was there for the basketball talent, which I will miss. 
After packing mine stuff up, I go back down to the officer.

“Darcey.”
“Yes?”
“Do you know your mother?”
“No? Why do you?”
“I know about her."

I give her the look well come on, say it.

“You will be living with your mum.”
“I'm sorry, repeat.”
“You know what I said.”
“Your kidding right.”
“No I'm not.”
“What's her name?”
“Lisa, I think.”

This officer isn't very good, she is about as dumb founded as I am. Well I guess, if I survived this many years with dad, how bad can mum be? Right? I hope. O’god please help me, why did you do this to me. Well I need someone to love me, or because I'm a failure? Please tell me....


© 2013 Kayleah R. Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 19, 2013


Author

Kayleah R. Buckley
Kayleah R. Buckley

Never Ever Land, Jewish Christian, Australia



About
I love writing books, I don't think I will ever get published, so it's more of a hobby. I love music and sport as well as reading and writing. more..

Writing