Voidstalkers Chapter Four

Voidstalkers Chapter Four

A Chapter by AlphaGemini

Four
     
      “Busy.” Observed Aurion, frowning.
     There were a great number of ships docking at the gate-station, flying in and out of the access ports on the huge petal structures surrounding the gate like a flower. If it troubled him he didn’t show it, expression unchanging as he watched the screen before him, hands smoothly adjusting the controls splayed before him on the wide surface of reactive magmetal.
     The boy didn’t look up, or perhaps he didn’t hear. He was too focused upon the central maw of the great ring that grew ever larger in size as they approached closer still. The cyclopean circle was edged in pulsating blue light of a deep azure hue that rippled and danced in spasms and starts. The centre of it was a black so immensely consuming that all other lights around or passing over it seemed to dim as if their luminescence was being sucked into it. They had arrived at Centauri Gate.
     Aurions fingers skated smoothly across the dials and strange mechanisms, and the Obsidian responded in kind, smoothly accelerating off towards one of the closer of the giant petals lining the ring. Near its leading edge there was a large rectangular gap through which many other ships - strangely shaped dots from afar - were entering and exiting. They powered on towards it, the wide square mouth yawning open and showing a vast long flat hangar enclosed inside, full of a great many varying ships of every shape, colour and composition. They passed within the boundary of the now titanic gap, which was lined with a solid rectangle of light running along the inside edge. He felt a slight tingling sensation as they passed through the energy pressure curtain and into the enclosed atmosphere of the station.
     The ship slowed inside the cavernous space. It was massive, and even Aurions implant-enhanced eyes couldn’t see the end in the distance. Littering the ground in neatly spaced rows along the very edges of the petal’s interior were the ships of every shape and colour and size imaginable. There was tall crimson red pyramid jetting fire from its base, a Thyrassian darter. A perfectly round metal sphere that had an unblemished mirrored surface and that hung suspended from the ground by a meter �" an
Oloralei ship. A long, fat yellow cylinder which sprouted thin legs from its underside as it came to rest alongside them from having just entered the cavern too. Its rear was awash in bright flame that blinked and rapidly started to cool and darken when it touched down. A hundred other insane shapes and their emissions lined the great area, vessels and craft from afar come to pass through the gate. He was sure he could even see a Heranthian freighter far into the hangar, sun-scorched metal square hide unmistakeable. But he returned his focus to landing.
      Aurion piloted their ship on over to a clear space between a needle-cornered green cube and a rapidly spinning silvery oval disc. Their view slowly inched downwards until with a solid whump, it stilled again as the Obsidian touched down. It was the first sensation of exterior movement that they had experienced since leaving the atmosphere of the boy’s planet �" a bright thing coloured in vibrant blues and emerald greens, much unlike the greys and blacks of his own world. He pushed the memory aside roughly. Now was not the time. He saw The boy jump at the unexpected jolt as they touched down. Skiddish. Fearful.
     With a wave of a black metal hand Aurion banished the magmetal control panel and stood, helmet once again in hand. He looked over to where Colby still sat in the co-pilots chair, looking tiny in its huge encompassing bowl.
     “Come.” Was all he said.
     His heavy booted feet boomed along the metal panels of the deck as he made his way from the bridge, back into the heart of the ship. With muted hums and a diminishing electronic whine, the Obsidian powered down at his absence from the command chair. There was a faint sound of scrambling behind him as the boy hurried to follow
     The two trooped back to the larger central room within the ship, past the cramped living quarters. There Aurion waited for Colby and motioned for him to stand before him, in front of the large sealed doorway of the airlock. He raised his gauntleted right hand and pressed it to the sheer black surface of the door. When he removed it, there was a glowing bright green imprint where his hand had made contact. With a rippling hiss, the door parted in the middle and slid to either side, allowing them access to the small room beyond. Small was being generous. They piled inside, barely enough room for both his hulking armoured figure and the tiny-seeming boy.
      Aurion raised his black powered helmet and slid it into place over his head, over his long hair. He needed to cut that, and soon. Behind the les of the visor the world became a glowing plane of red-tinged hues as the visual enhancers built into the helmet and the additional sensors in his armor connected, overlaying sub-visual, electromagnetic, thermal, and micro-sonic feeds into his view. With a sharp click, the base locked into the neck socket of his suit and he was rewarded with a faint breeze of circulated, scrubbed air from inside the sealed environment. With a gaseous hiss the door slid closed behind them, amplified by tiny parabolic audial sensors to his ears. They were plunged into momentary darkness, lit only by weak pulsing white lights embedded along the apex of the ceiling.
     “Stay close, don’t wander off.” Aurion said in a deep electronicised growl.
     The boy was crowded in front of him, nearly up against the external airlock door.
     “Like I said, we’re exposed. Let’s make this quick.”
     With a brilliant, blinking flare of light the external airlock doors rolled open, and the two were revealed to the interior of the gatestation for the forst time. Blinking heavily, Colby wandered forward as his vision adjusted to the sudden illumination.
     The odd ships still cluttered the wide expanse of dull grey metal as far as the eye could see, and now he could make out figures, things and beings walking, slithering, and prowling about around them and the wider area. A slanting ramp telescoped down before them to meet the bare steel of the surface. The boy stood there, motionless, stupefied by the sight of so many alien things, the ships alone strange and enigmatic to his eyes.
     Over at the dark green cube with the spiked corners he watched an impossibly tall stick-thin man emerge from a glowing square of light in the side. But it wasn’t a man �" or atleast not human, the same race as the child. It was dressed in a bright orange voidsuit, streaked with black grease stains. As the thing sauntered past it loomed over even Aurion next to him, who turned to watch it with a weary, coiled air. It must have been over ten foot tall and had pinkish fleshy skin with a tuft of dark brown hair atop its bulbous head. It also had four glistening liquid black eyes set in its elongated face, two large and two smaller above them.
     Aurone watched for a moment as Colby looked away hurriedly and found himself staring at yet more impossible creatures. Across the port of ships, below the gleaming silver sphere there was a levitating oval of hexagonal white panels in a wide ellipsoid shape. It emitted a beam of blue light below itself and seemingly sucked up a tiny grey-skinned bipedal creature a foot high. The ovoid turned as if to look at them, and Aurion decided it was time to move. The boy would get over the shock soon enough, and out here they were exposed. He gave him a sharp prod in the back with a big metal-encased hand to get him moving.
     They descended the ramp, Aurion constantly scanning the hangar as more beings filtered from the ships nearby towards the large yawning mouth of an access tunnel nearby, a semi-circular tube lit by bright fluorescent tubes overhead. And swarming with ground-based traffic.
     The Obsidian came into full view, now they’d exited the hull. The ship was a huge black metal spike tapered at the rear and divided into two thick, sharp arms at the front, hard and angular, akin to Auron’s own armour. They should bear resemblance, given they were borne from the same place. While many of the other ships surrounding them in the port shone or gleamed in the omnipresent light, the Obsidian seemed to drink it in, the matte black surface dully refusing to reflect any glow or shine whatsoever. The sloping ramp retracted behind them and the outer door hissed shut once more, the hull becoming a seamless, angular whole. It looked sharp and dangerous, like a piece of perfectly symmetrical broken glass.
     Two Thyrassians walked in tandem past the mismatched pair back towards the tunnel ahead, looking for all the world like humans themselves, except for their gleaming platinum hair and elongated pointed ears. They were dressed in sparkling white fabrics that fit tightly around elfish, slender frames and were talking animatedly in their hometongue. With a ripple of digitalised light, words formed across the visor lens in front of his eyes that he could understand as the language analyser went to work, deciphering the alien tongue. They were talking about a delegate moot between their people and the neighbouring Yalari, and the delicacies no doubt waiting for them at the reception party. Non-hostile, he decided.
     The ground, constructed of the solid composite metal of the gate station, gave a tremor and a window flicked up into Asurion’s view as the holographic words faded, displaying the image from his rear visual sensors. Behind them a beast many times taller than the tall thin being was loping across the open ground of the cavernous port. Massive and grey-leathery skinned, it shuffled its twelve blunt legs across the hangar, long trunk of electrical cables sprouting from its barrel-like body where naturally its face should have been. Sensory inputs; the Zaugrumt were notorious for both their sheer size and their appetite for indulging in the plethora of minute experiences of the physical world. He snapped the window off again with a pupil-twitch, refocusing ahead.
     In the distance he thought he saw another Thennculi warper, stubby and reddish with its warp-module affixed in its chest. When he blinked and zoomed his enhanced view though, it was gone.
     Colby was gawping again, around at the craft and creatures lining the interior of the hangar. His short legs were slowing, dawdling. A flash of annoyance crossed Aurions mind before he allowed it to cool. He had to remain calm, alert.
     “Come on.” He buzzed from inside the armour, gripping the boys shoulder and driving him along.
    Colby picked up his pace again but continued to whip his head to and fro to better see their surroundings. The two made a beeline directly towards the yawning mouth of the passageway, also carved from the same bare brushed metal material as the rest of the port where the great collection of weird craft lay, landed, or rose to shoot off back through the glowing slot at the end they’d entered through �" back out into inky midnight blackness.
     They joined a stream of creatures passing into the mouth of the tunnel and fell in-step. The hovering ovoid with its interlaced pattern of white hexagons was just over on their left and the conversing silver-haired Yalari continued their discussion just ahead. The rest of the people they shared the crowded walkway with were surprisingly just that; people. Men and women of a great variety of characteristics shared their path, yet were distinctly, recognisably humanoid in general. They could have come from the boys planet, but for the plethora of odd clothing and technological utilities and devices each sported, from mechanical appendages and bionic implants to transparent holo-slates gripped at sides or being studied. It was a strange sight after being confronted with the variety of alien creatures. Mundane for him, but quite disturbing for the boy. He kept scanning. The bullet that killed you was almost always fired from the gun you didn’t see.
     A short woman dressed in a thick crimson leather suit passed them, headed in the opposite direction. She was young-looking, beautiful and had a focused look upon her slender face. The irises of her eyes also flashed burnished gold in the overhead and adjacent lighting. Elecar. Likely older than Aurion was himself by a thousand years or so. As she pushed past the stream of people and beings parted before her, either in respect and deference or fear. Aurion suspected the latter, given the hulking Arbiter enforcers trailing in her wake, four tall men in gleaming white hardsuits, armed and armoured, shoulders emblazoned with the silver starburst of their federaton. Long blocky pulse-rifles were cradled in their easy, ready grips and as they marched in-step behind their charge, their silver full-face visors swivelled and scanned the crowd for threats. Hunting, almost daring the onlookers shying away to attack. One of them on Aurions left looked up, followed by the swivelling heads of the other four. Scanning him, no doubt. The faceless stares of the bodyguards likely disguised the glares from beneath the mirrored visors as they recognised the cut and shape of his armour.
     He scanned them in kind, bars of light flittering in his vision over their forms. Accelerator implants. Weapons augments. The standard loadout for their kind. Likely they would detect his scan and be vexed at the intrusion. He hoped to. They trooped by heavily all the same, white armoured boots thumping on the hard metal deck.
     The tunnel flared out and the pair found themselves in a wide concourse teeming with even more creatures. The pair of Yalari stayed ahead of them while the levitating ovoid rolled away through the air to the left and disappeared. Aurion stayed his course, with Colby tagging along astride. The sides of the concourse fell away to become an arching bridge with glass railings that looked out over a lower level packed with tables and benches, with rows upon rows of stores and services lining the far metal walls in a haphazard market. On the centre of the bridge a bald man in loose ratty brown robes stood atop a crate, calling out loudly to the passers-by in grand tones and with sweeping arm-gestures.
     “Weep for your salvation!” He cried to the masses.
     “The holy progenitors will one day return to us, or us to them, and in that day we shall know true ascension!” He bowed and swayed dramatically to his own words, flourishing his arms wide to take them all in. Very few of those hurrying by looked up at him or paid him any heed whatsoever.
     “The Progenitors! Yes, the ancient ones! They who sowed the galaxy in their image that we may follow in their footsteps! We are their Scions! Come! Hear how you can begin your own journey of discovery and understanding! Be enlightened of their ancient wonders, eons old machines capable of miracles! Learn the deepest cosmic roots of your ancestry!...”
     The Scions were everywhere, it seemed. Older than most, the Scions �" eccessivley popular in some sectors of the galaxy �" were an ecclesiarchal religion that hungered for only one currency. Power.
     Auron paid him no heed, no more than the rest of the burbling crowd as they passed, though the boy stared up at him with round, gazing eyes. He had to push him along before the preacher caught sight of his youthful interest, and pounced.
     As they drew away, the swelling burble and bustle of the crowd drowned out the man. The two parted from the bridge and came to a wide indoor plaza lined with the small windows of booths where lines of creatures and people of all kind stood in ques. Above them suspended in the air were swirling ribbons of bland amber light, slashes scrawls and ribbons of many differing alien languages, denoting their purpose.
      Aurion made straight for one outlined in brilliant cobalt blue, manned by an odd looking thing, all hairy armed and simian shaped, elongated fingers resting patiently atop the counter behind the glass of the booth, below which there was an inch gap where papers could be checked, passed, and issued. It did so now with a tall bearded fellow, dressed in a long trench coat of deep black that obscured all of his body but for an overlarge head. The man nodded, and turned away, papers in hand. Aurion didn’t spare him a second glance but to run a scan though the coat, which revealed the writhing mass of tentacles that supported his locomotion.
     They waited in silence behind the next toll applicant �" an ordinary-looking fellow in a dirty-looking brown voidsuit, blonde hair plastered to his head. Then as he left, papers in hand, it was their turn.
     The long-armed simian thing hooted at them through a mouth showing stained brown teeth, beetle black eyes regarding them expectantly. From behind his waist on the right side Aurion produced the small black metal disk with its centred V, placing it upon the counter and inching it forward towards the creature.
     “Two passengers. One Light class vessel. Charged to the usual account.”
     He buzzed deeply through the helmet’s external audial output.
     The simian reached forward a long hand and an elongated digit extended towards the disk, supporting a glowing silvery digi-ring. The electronic ping flicked through the paired devices and across the net, confirming the validity of his identity and licence to practice. Moments later, invisible to him opposite the one-way holo-glass, his image �" still encased in the black armour �" appeared on the inward face of the booth. The orange creature inspected it for a moment, tapping at the screen with those long fingers, hooting idly.
     Aurion put the token back where it resided, and extended a heavy, armoured hand underneath the small gap in the window. The aliens eyes flicked downwards at it in mild alarm.
     “And something extra. To ignore the nullspace forward-aft.” He growled.
     The simian looked around hesitantly, and then quickly flicked a separate glowing ring over Aurion’s extended fingers, wirelessly connecting to the node there. Moments later, a substantial payment of credit was deposited into its personal account on one of the Net’s many virtual banks. The hooting increased appreciatively, and the papers flowed underneath the same gap quickly.
     Aurion turned with them in hand.
     The boy was gone.
     His helmeted head flicked up, heartrate elevating. The thronging mass of people and beings swarmed across the bridge and plaza, both coming to and from the selection of booths lining the wall and descending to the market below. His visual sensors flickered as they analysed the seething bodies before him. A play? No. Escape. A square blinked and enlarged to enhance a small, running form some ways away across the bridge, next to the swaying, shouting preacher.
    Aurion moved. The ground melted beneath his loping armoured legs as they powered forth, driving between the surging crowd of space farers passing through the gatestation. Squawks, warbles and protests followed him, but he ignored all. In the distance, his tracking programs picked out the olive-green overalls and white shirt just entering the mouth of the tunnel.
     One of the colossal elephantine Zaugrumt with cables protruding from its face loomed over him and he had to sidestep quickly around its bulk. It stared at him with great big yellow-rimmed eyes. It broke his line of sight as he moved around it, cutting his tracking sensors off from the escaping boy. Vexed, he picked up the pace.
    The strange colours and indistinct shapes of alien creatures blurred past as he ran, mechanised legs whinging softly. The man atop the crate was still crying grandly of ascension and enlightenment to the continued ignorance of Aurion and the immediate crowd. Idiot boy. What could he be thinking running in a place like this?
     He’d answered his own question. A boy. Merely a child. Likely he wasn’t thinking at all.
      He came to a skidding stop and scanned ahead, down the passage. Brilliant glowing holo-signage illuminated the white of a shirt further down, in a lull of the crowd. Colby was talking animatedly, gesturing to a human-like figure that had thin long yellow hair and two minute holes for a nose above pallid, fleshy purple lips. It gawked at him with sickly green eyes as if he was more repulsive. The pleading on his face was plain, but the creature began to move away from him, back into the tide of passers-by.
     Aurion made forward, but stopped sharp. A short figure, a girl of little more height than the boy himself, stepped from the steady stream. His ire at the escape grew black. He recognised her brilliant billowing golden locks. Her ivory cheeks were tinted rosy beneath sparkling blue eyes, amidst a haughty, petulant face. She was wearing a comfortable-looking one-piece suit purest white and trimmed with gold that rippled metallically. She was… angelic. And somehow strangely tall.
     Holding her upright, a dozen thin metal tendrils arced down her back and curled at the base to act as many curling feet, adding several inches to her height.
     Aurion watched as Colby took a step back, eyes wide. The in-helmet audio boosters kicked in at his pupil flick in the heads-up-display.
     “Hello there. You lost kiddo?” The voice was sing-song. Melodic. It was definitely her.
     Aurion began to move towards the two, slowly and carefully, weaving through the crowd.      
     “Wassamatter? Xalex got your tongue?” She mused, eyes alight with humour.
Confusion marred the boy’s face, and he opened his mouth to speak to the willowy youth. Likely to ask what a Xalex was.
    “Seraph.” Growled a deep, horrible electronic voice from behind him.
     As one they turned. Aurion loomed directly over them, towering ominously. Though he still wore the lensed helmet there seemed to be a deep shadow over his face. Colby wilted visibly.
     “Lucy! How’ve you been? This your little lamb?” Piped the girl brightly.
     “Don’t. Call me that.” He laid a heavy gauntleted hand on Colby’s right shoulder and gripped. A little firmly.
     “And yes. He’s with me.”
     Seraph frowned. “Ah well, that’s too bad we could’ve hung out, you and me, kid. Hey! Didja know? Lucy here is a Prince! You’re rolling with royalty! How about that?”
      “Whuh-what?” Colby murmured, eyes saucers of fear, trailing off into silence as the hand pressed imperceptibly harder down on his shoulder.
     “We’re going now. Please excuse us Seraph. Give my regards to your father for me.” A redness flushed into the girl’s face, the smile slipping un-elegantly in offence. Good. He’d meant it as a slight.
     Aurion didn’t care. The bubbly bright attitude was a ruse. The hand on his shoulder drove him forward, and Colby allowed himself to be glumly steered down the tunnel, driven like herded cattle.
     “I’m sorry, I-“ He began, but the big man cut him off.
    “Quiet. Keep moving. Quickly. Don’t look around.” There was something in the mechanical voice. A strain. Something akin to urgency.
     “What? What’s wrong?” He asked anyway, annoyingly, but he quickened his step at least. To either side the crowd was thinning away, dwindling like the last feeble drops from a drying stream. Soon they shared the long metal tunnel with a few stragglers also hurrying off on their way. Colby’s light scuffing steps pitter-pattered next to Aurion’s heavy clunking ones on the bare textured steel of the walkway. All else was quiet but for the distant murmur of the crowd, and the vibrating muffled screetch of ship engines ahead.
     “Seraph is another Voidstalker. Young. Overzealous. Inexperienced. Bought her way in instead of by merit. Her family is one of the largest, most powerful inter-solar dynasties there is. Spoiled. Forever under the wealth and thumb of her father.”
      Aurion had removed his hand but he kept up pace. Inside the lens of his helmet his eyes flicked over scans and readouts, though never left the small retreating window displaying the child suspended from her silvery tendrils behind them. Something seemed wrong, like the deep breath had been taken and was being held. Tension.
     “She’s like you, then?”
    “No. Where you are concerned, she is much worse.”
     “But her patterns are sloppy. Amateur. She always shows her hand before she strikes. So, walk faster.”
     Colby didn’t pick up his pace, but he didn’t slow either. The boy lapsed into defeated silence. In the window of Aurion’s rearward visual sensors, a tall passerby in a bright yellow helmeted voidsuit passed between them and the distant form of Seraph. When it moved across the line of sight again, she’d disappeared.
     “Hey why’d she call you Lu-“
     Aurion’s left arm flashed up as he turned to grab the empty air. He moved so fast it seemed that he merely hadn’t bothered with the intervening space. There was a bright flash of blue light that flared down the confines of the tunnel. One of the hideous, snarling Warper creatures blinked into being just as Aurion’s fingers closed around its throat and he hurled it backhand into the opposite wall, over Colby’s head. With a sickening crunch, the pinkish creature impacted and crumpled, sliding down to the decking beneath, unmoving.
     The scattered, sparse other gatestation visitors sharing the walkway with them turned in surprise, yelping in strange alien tones or gasping in relatively human ones.
     “Run.” Aurion Boomed.
     There were twin bright flashes in the tunnel. Two of the vicious things leapt into being either side of the armoured man and cannoned into him, carried by momentum. Aurion wrenched the one on his right upwards with one hand and struck it from the air with a solid hook punch that sent it flying. The other clamped around his left leg and opened its jaws wide, displaying the rows of horrible, shining teeth. They plunged down biting deeply into the black metal armour there, teeth grinding loudly. Damage warnings flashed up in yellow across his vision, but he discarded them with an eye-flick. The mono-bladed teeth sunk deep but didn’t meet flesh. And they never would.
     More of the flashes filled the tunnel, and two more Warpers sprung into existence to grab onto Aurion’s shoulders, grappling with the big man as he attempted to tear them off. He was in trouble. Anger boiled to the surface of his mind. Slowly, they were overwhelming him. If any more appeared…
     Yelling a thin, tiny cry, the boy at his side charged at the armoured leg supporting the chewing creature and landed a weak punch right on its head above and between its eyes. The Warper jumped and released the leg, almost in consternation, fixing him with its bright green bulbous eyes and their vertical pupils. Something must have happened above. The leg it still clung to drew back and it was unceremoniously kicked forward, losing its grip to slam into the opposite tunnel wall. One of the gripping monsters from Aurions shoulders was tossed after it bodily, and the last he merely slammed his right fist into. There was a hiss-snap and his wrist cannon discharged, venting a flash of light. The Warpers torso erupted into purple fleshy segments and thick viscous pink blood that splattered across the tunnel wall. The on-lookers began to scream in various tongues and flee in terror. A high shrieking pulse began to strafe through the air, accompanied by flashing amber light from the fluorescent panels on the roof. Aurion cursed. The station’s alert system would seal the gate. But it would take time to power down. If they were fast enough…
     The armoured man looked up over at Colby he made to move towards the boy. Warnings flashed across his HUD once-more. The air around Aurions armour seemed to solidify in a transparent sphere of translucent light. A finger-thin beam of white-hot light struck the shield and glanced away from him at the sphere’s boundary. It into the wall, scoring a long glowing line of blackened burn scar into the metal. Both the boy and the black metal giant whirled around.
     Surrounded by a golden nimbus of light, the unmistakeable, tiny figure of Seraph filled the far end of the tunnel in her slim-fitting white gold suit. There was a bright, reflective oval helmet over her head now, and her silvery tentacles were extended to full height, so that she stood supported on them as tall as the embattled Aurion himself. Two of the long shining tendrils poked over her shoulders and it was from these that beams of bright incandescent energy lanced down the hallway to bounce off from the energy fields around Aurion. The two silver balls atop the rear of his shoulders were aglow, burning as brightly as the lethal beams that arced towards them. In his heads-up display, energy depletion warnings began to sing.
     Sinking to one knee as the beams lashed at and around him, Aurion brought his right forearm up to bear. His wrist cannon spat more jets of fire and the nimbus surrounding Seraph at the end of the tunnel rippled and lines of amber lightning flashed across it as the solid rounds were deflected. She leapt aside in a perfect vaulting cartwheel upon her silver tendrils and vanished from view around the tunnel mouth.
    Aurion rose up again quickly, cursing. Energy shielding. He preferred hard rounds, with better armour penetration, but like as not nothing would have broken through to the haughty blonde voidstalker but plasma or laser weaponry. The station alarm continued to scream at them. It was time to leave.
    “Wha-“ began Colby, eyes wide and staring about, but was cut off. Aurion roughly hauled him up one handed over his left shoulder in a fireman’s carry. With lurching strides that knocked the breath out of the dangling boy he ran down the tunnel in the opposite direction to where the hellish little angelic girl had disappeared. Soon they were awash in the roar and pulse of the ships littering the hanger, and the incessant babble of the myriad of creatures landing inside the gate’s complex.
     In a few more short, sharp bounds they mounted the already descending black metal ramp, back into the Obsidian where it lay at berth nearby. The double-doors of the airlock hissed closed behind them as they returned to the sharp-edged black ship. Aurion unceremoniously dropped the dangling boy to the floor �" to a sharp yelp - and strode deeper into the ship, heading for the bridge controls. He had little time for the boy though. As he reached the suspended command chair and the magmetal interface fountained up before him once more, there was a significant loud Thump from the hull. Outside.


© 2018 AlphaGemini


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this so far. Very ominous!

Posted 5 Years Ago


AlphaGemini

5 Years Ago

Oh did you read the previous chapters? Glad you think so thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2018
Last Updated on September 4, 2018


Author

AlphaGemini
AlphaGemini

Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand



About
Short stories, Novellas, and everything in between. Sci-fi, fantasy, horror, anything to vent some creativity. more..

Writing
Android Android

A Story by AlphaGemini