Preface

Preface

A Chapter by ZaakaryAmy
"

This is a description of each individual character through the eyes of young villagers as the heroes parade through town. I thought it would be a good idea since there are a lot of characters.

"

 

 

It was an extremely hot day in a typical village.  Half elf brothers Jollwin and Sean were at the town well, filling a bucket.  Jollwin is nineteen with reddish hair that falls in his face and clear blue eyes as well.  Sean was twelve now with red brown hair and the same clear blue eyes.  The other villagers were doing their normal daily duties, wondering around to and fro.    While Sean pulls the bucket of water up, Joe notices a large bird like shadow.  He looks up and it’s a bat with a five foot wing span.  It is chirping and screeching a song like tune.  The bat turns and flies towards the gate that leads to the town.  Then he notices something more.  There is a green dragon coming with a rider.  Followed by some black flying horses and two more dragons, all also with riders.  “Get in the well Sean!  I think we are under attack!”  “What?  Are you serious Joe?” Sean asks.  “Yes, now get in!”  Joe demands to his little brother.

 

Joe climbs in the well and holds himself up against the round walls.  The other villagers seem more curious though.  Then a herald’s trumpet blows.  Most of the villagers head towards the gate.  The two young men stay where they are.  After a few minutes, the streets are nearly cleared out for most have gone to the gate.  Other instruments like a drum can be heard as well as the stomps of several horses.  “It must be a small army.  Are you going to get in before it’s too late?”  “I want to see what’s going on.”  Sean replies.  But he does duck down to hide on the far side of the well.  Sean sees an elven female approaching with a half grown wolf, not on a leash.  “Oh no.”  He whispers to Joe.  “They are coming our way.”  “That’s why I wanted you to hide in here with me.”  Joe says. 

 

She is tall and very slim.  Long, straight blonde hair, in which her pointy elf ears stick out, falls down to her waist.  She is wearing leather over a white shirt that leaves her shoulders uncovered.  The sleeves puff out revealing red on the inside.  The armor is like a vest, revealing her stomach.  A nice looking longbow is over her shoulder.  As she approaches, Sean can see her eyes are an unusual violet color.  “May we have some water for Fenrir here?”  She asks them.  When she talks a dimple on each cheek is revealed.  “Please don’t eat us.”  Joe begs of her.  “We aren’t going to eat you.”  She seems surprised by the statement. 

 

Sean puts his bucket of water down in front of the well then quickly moves back to his not so good hiding spot.  The wolf goes up and drinks, basically ignoring them.  A little elven girl, with long blonde hair like the elf’s is against a wall in the alley behind Sean.  The elf woman looks at her and the girl waves and says “Hello.”  This makes the elf smile and she waves back.  “Hello.  My name is Caitlannagh or Cait for short.  What’s yours?”  “Arya.”  The girl answers a little shyly, yet watching intently.

 

A horse sized green dragon catches their attention as it flies close to the ground.  The man has long blonde dyed hair pulled back into a low ponytail and is shirtless.  A two handed sword is strapped along his back.  He falls off the dragon and lands on his side but since the dragon is close to the ground he is not injured.  In fact, it doesn’t even awaken the drunken man.  A drinking horn rolls out of his hand.  “Gods please help us.”  Joe prays. 

 

Cait smirks and says, “That’s Gunther and the dragon is Wileen.  And here comes his twin brother Gunner along with the Tabaxi barbarian Chioptl.”  A man looking identical to Gunther except his hair is a natural brown color he is wearing a simple black tunic, a short bow in a quiver on his back and riding a black horse rides up next to his brother and dismounts. 

 

Also on the horse is a tall half cat looking woman with black hair that goes over her shoulders and furry cat ears are on top of her head. She wears a cotton candy colored short strapless top with fringe on it and a shirt made of two pieces of fabric bound together by rings on the sides.  A furry tail twitches from behind her.  Several exotic weapons are tied in a bundle on the side of the horse. She takes the reins of the horse.   “Is he alright Gunner?” Cait asks.  “Yeah he’s just over intoxicated.”  Gunner answers her as he picks up the drinking horn.  “Get up brother.”  Gunner tries to pick him up.  The dragon flies back towards the direction it came.

 

“Wow.”  Arya gasps.  “Demons!”  Joe exclaims.  “Ooh no!”  A man with his face painted white and a jester’s cap wearing black leather armor over a light red shirt and a short sword at his side rides a reddish war horse up to where the twin brothers are.  He jumps off the horse, falling next to them.  He stands and grabs one arm as Gunner grabs the other and they lift Gunther to his unconscious feet.  Cait tells them, “No not demons.  That’s Prida and there is his partner Eileen.” 

 

A human woman on a chestnut and white painted war horse approaches.  She is dressed similar to Cait except her shirt is blue and gold.  Ringed black hair falls down her black like a cloak.  Rich brown eyes look them all over.  A gold cloth covers the rest of her face.  She has on a belt with daggers and other weapons on it.  She plays a mandolin while she stands up on the horse, showing off as she passes them. 

 

“We are very impressed.”  Cait whooped.  “Next representing Captain Magnus’ ship is Feng.”  Cait announces.  An Asian woman on a grey horse carries a skull and crossbones flag.  She has a green tied on cloth much like a swim suit.  A beautiful katana is in her possession.  The look on her face is quite serious.  “And the flag representing Captain Lourdes’ ship is being carried by Tuanda, who rides with Feng."  Tuanda has side parted blonde hair and has on banded armor.  Tuanda gets off the horse and starts to do a dance.  She uses the hawk emblazed flag as a staff as she twirls around.  Feng has the horse dance as well.  Arya claps.  Sean watches amusingly.  Joe mutters, “Pirates and Vikings.  We are all going to die.” 

 

“And up there carried by Maiya and Grace is the symbol of our alliance.”  A glossy black Pegasus flies over with a woman on it, her red hair flowing in the wind.  Grace is carrying a flag that is a combination of the other two.  A hawk with skull and crossbones emblazed over it.  All that is seen as clothing on her is black bikini like leather armor.  Two fine looking longswords are on either side of her belt and a crossbow and bolt case is crossed along her back. 

 

An immaculate looking man with blonde hair that goes below his ears rides a black horse towards them.  He is sweating wearing his splint mail armor and has a gleaming sword in his belt.  “This is Gondor, paladin of Pelor.”  Cait tells them.  He speaks to the oldest boy in a polite tone.  “Young man is there enough room in your inn for a group of thirty four.”  “It is an army. I knew it.” Joe says.  Sean answers him.  “There probably would be if no one else is staying there.  “Thank you my boy.  We can camp in our tents if we need to.”  “It’s just down the road.”  Joe points out.  Gondor nods and continues on. 

 

Joe and the children get frightened again as a smallish red dragon flies overhead with a dark feathery haired female human on it.  The woman has red dragon scales fashioned as armor on. A broad sword is tied to her back.    A red slash of paint is across her face.  “The entire village is going to be burned” Joe thinks.  “No. You don’t need to be scared of Je Ann and Ruby.”  Cait explains to them.

 

A rather large Asian looking man walks up to them.  His hair is loose and shoulder length.  A cloth is draped across his chest.  On his hand is a war claw weapon.  A local boy about Sean’s age is leading a pig and a goat on ropes.  “Hello.”  The tall Asian man says to them.  “Where is the stable around here?”  Sean answers.  “It is a little further down, next to the inn.”  “Okay. Let’s go. “And they move on. “That was Kizzar, the goat is Bruno and the pig is Pippen” Cait lists. 

 

Another shirtless man with flowing black hair and facial hair with elaborate designs in it and two rapiers in sheathes at his side leads a white war horse up to the well.  On the horse is a young woman that Joe knows.  “What are you doing with these people?”  Joe asks her as he pops his head further out of the well.  The man speaks to the young woman and helps her off the horse.  “Actually my dear, this is where the ride ends.  Sorry but my wife tends to get jealous.” 

 

He looks up and another black Pegasus with a silver etched saddle and swirly silver bands around his hooves is flying close.  Its rider is a blonde woman wearing only jewelry except for the loincloth.  The headband, earrings, necklace, armbands, n****e coverings, chain and ankle bracelets make her look regal. She has a brilliant looking staff.  “May I introduce Damaris and his wife the Captain Lourdes?”  Cait gestures towards them. 

 

A large war horse, a Clydesdale in fact, pulls a chariot.  A man with long black hair with one braid across the top of his head and two smaller braids, one on each side, pulls the reins so they stop by them. He has a short bow over his shoulder.   He is wearing hide armor.  A woman with long rich brown hair with a delicate gold crown on top and also very pregnant is the passenger.  She too has a bow. She is wearing a high waisted white satin gown with gold needlework work all along the bosom.   The man laughs a little as he speaks to them.  “Don’t you children recognize the queen?”  “No.”  Joe replies.  Cait speaks up, “This is our queen Nabal and our soon to be king Rex.”  Sean kind of bows his head to them.  Arya gives a curtsy.  “I am pleased to meet you.”  The queen says to them.  “So am I.”  Rex adds.  He laughs again at the nervousness of the children.  “Well, see you all around.”  He waves goodbye to them and flips the reins and the horse pulls the chariot on down the road. 

 

“This is the prince Vladimir and the cavalier Natashia.”  Cait introduces them as they ride by.  Prince Vlad is an imposing man with off the shoulder dark hair that is wavy and a longsword at his side.  He wears brown leather breeches and fur topped leather boots.  He is shirtless.  A rather simple bronze ring crown is resting on his head.  He rides a platinum colored horse. 

 

Natashia is on the largest black Pegasus and flies like magic at his flank while playing a lyre.  Her hair is a dark auburn color and she has a decorated short sword on either side of her.  She wears a scarlet off the shoulder gown with a wide neckband that has tiny chains with emeralds on it and earrings that match. "I like her dress.” Arya comments.

 

Next is a blue roan horse with a pirate that has black hair poking out from his captain’s hat and a beard with curls in it.  His belt is filled with daggers and pistols.  He too is shirtless revealing tattoos up both of his arms and both of his n****e piercings. 

 

On the back of the horse is a fairy elf.  She has blue hair and dragonfly type wings.  She wears a mountain meadow colored coverings with two strings of pearls on each hip, an armband with sea opals in it and gloves that show her knuckles.  Twin longswords are her weapons. Cait tells them this is Captain Magnus and Quarra.”  “She is pretty.”  Arya gasps, looking at the winged elf female in amazement.   As they ride by Magnus doesn’t even look at them but Quarra does and she smiles at them. 

 

“These are two of our mages Rhianna and her husband Vendar.”  Cait points to them.  Another Pegasus flies overhead.  This one is colored differently. His coat is white but has black socks and his mane and tail is black. This Pegasus is extremely well groomed. The rider in front is a female human with blonde hair braided into four equal sections down her back.  She is wearing a short sleeved, high necked and tight lace gown with a slit up one leg.  She has a belt with four daggers tucked into it. 

 

The other rider is a male elf but tall and strong looking with long so blonde it is almost white hair. He is wearing the bottom half of some elven made plate mail armor.  Sweat is pouring down his body.  He has a bandoleer with three daggers in it.   He looks angry but Rhianna smiles and waves at everyone. 

 

Next on a brown wild horse is another man sweating profusely and only wearing his lower half of his plate mail armor.  He too has long blonde hair but he is human.  His weapon belt holds a broadsword and a battle axe.  He takes a bite of some jerky as he looks over at them and halfway smirks.  “That is Rock, possibly our strongest warrior and behind him is our druid Rosemary.”, Cait tells the strangers.  Rock glares at them teasingly as he passes.

 

The first thing noticed is that the white war horse has an owl resting on its head.  Now Rosemary wears leather armor that has slits cut all around forming a skirt.  Her nearly black curly hair is braided from the bottom curling up causing a sort of bun from underneath.  Pointy elven ears can still be seen on her.  Her weapons are two choice scimitars.  She is looking up and calling out, “Haily, Little Miss Crazzie.  Get back here!”  She whistles as well.  Two hawks, one a baby, fly toward her.  Another one of those large bats flies up to her from behind. 

 

“And on the last Pegasus in our group is the silent ranger Sabrin.”  Cait looks up as she speaks.  This Pegasus has tiny white flowers around his head, chest and in the tops of his wings.  Sabrin is wearing leather armor much like Rosemary’s plus she has on a band around her head with wings on it under her middle parted brown hair.  A small braid in her hair falls on her left side next to a necklace with animal teeth on it.  A small strap is across her waist with sheathes holding several long daggers.  She looks over as she flies overhead.

 

On a white mule a tall young man is singing.  He has on baggy trousers with a sash tied around his waist that is holding a rapier on the side and a spear in the back.  He wears a red bandanna and the only hair you can see is a long light brown braid that falls to his right side.  “That’s Axel.”  Cait states loudly so they can hear over his singing. 

 

A beautiful white horse carries a beautiful man closer.  He has on chain mail armor and has short smoky brown hair and a neatly trimmed beard.  A red splotch of paint is across his nose, similar to the woman on the red dragon. Cait tells them, “That is Byrn, a blade singer and fire mage.”

 

Cait goes on, “Behind him is his fiancée Shannon.”  She is controlling a wagon being pulled by two painted horses.  Her midlength red hair blows around wildly.  She wears a light purple gown with a soft blue cape that is attached at the shoulders.  A bundle of spears is leaning up on the bench next to her.  A decorative sword and a main gauche are fastened on a belt she wears. 

 

“This is Solangia one of our bards and Korram.”  Cait says.  Another couple rides a yellow horse.  The woman is in front and the man in back.  He has a rope leading a brown pony.  She is singing and rides right up to them so they can hear her better.  She is wearing a leather vest and a tied on skirt.  Her hair is long and an auburn color.  She has a weapon belt with a nice longsword and two short swords.  A bow is across her back. 

 

The male is a wild elf actually.  His hair has been colored white and cut so it is actually longer in the front.  He too wears a leather vest.  His has Elvish designs on a strip along the edges.  Decorative tattoos can be seen along his arms as well.  He has two bandoliers that cross his chest filled with daggers.  He goes and rides on along the other side. 

 

The last horse is a wild white horse.  Its rider is a tall, dark and long haired Viking man with scars on his face.  He wears dragon scale armor and has a royal blue cloak on.  A horned helmet is under his arm.  A longsword is on his back and two hand axes are on his sides. Beads of sweat are on his scared up face.   He looks rather miserable.  “That is Skarin.”  Cait tells them.  He looks at them angrily as he takes a drink from a horn. 

 

Last is the green dragon the drunken man fell off of with another dragon just like her fling before her.  “And last are the dragon Kaula and the priest Thisbe.”  Cait smiles up at them and waves. Thisbe waves back and does a little dance with her upper body while riding the dragon.    Her hair is mostly blonde but has some black strands in it that is almost dreadlocked.  She had on a collar with a heart lock on it and a ring.  Her shirt is sleeveless and black.  Her skirt is pleated blue.  She wears tall soft brown leather boots that go above her knee.  A wide leather belt is around her waist with club type weapons tucked into it. 

 

“Oh wait.  These two were leading us but stopped at the gate to announce everyone like I am to you now.  Corey is our best archer.  Brenna is our herald.”  Corey is wearing green and has on both shin guards and bracers but that is all for armor. His hair is up in a top knot and a big bite mark scar is on the side of his face.  He has black smudged around his eyes.   His compound bow is in his hand but down at his side.  He looks tired as he shuffles past them while riding on a white mule.

 

The final woman is stunning.  Her long hair is a natural white color that has two tiny beads on each side. She wears a gold satin bikini top with a thick belted skirt that is two strips of cloth, one in front and one in back.  She wears simple jewelry of gold hoop earrings a necklace with a gold disk on it, armbands, bracelets and a ankle bracelet.  She is barefooted and riding the mule with Corey.  Her face looks blank, like she is deep in thought of upset about something.  The large bat that was first seen coasts behind them.

 

“Well I need to get going.  It was nice talking with you all.  I hope you still aren’t afraid of us.  We are all here to help you, not hurt you.  So remember if you ever need some rescuing, queen Nabal and the Valkyries will come to the rescue.  Bye.”  Cait winks at them and whistles for Fenrir who follows her.   “Goodbye.”  Arya waves as they leave.   

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2014 ZaakaryAmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on February 6, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014


Author

ZaakaryAmy
ZaakaryAmy

Writing
One One

A Chapter by ZaakaryAmy


Two Two

A Chapter by ZaakaryAmy