The Lame One

The Lame One

A Chapter by Zabella
"

Here we meet Katia

"
Katia ran the comb through her thick, black hair. The comb was gold, it's handle set with emeralds and rubies. Patrick had given it to her for her last birthday. 
Katia sighed. Inside the bathroom the air was stuffy. Water condensed on the mirror, blurring Katia's thin face. She ran the comb through her hair one more time, and walked out of the bathroom. In the thin hallway, she grabbed the grass bag Mother had woven her, and continued to the front door. She grabbed the wrapped present from the corner table and slipped out the door. 

He was waiting where he said he would: under the tree, next to the river. His white-blond hair glowed in the moonlight. He was always wearing grey, Katia noticed.
"Hey babe," he said in his husky voice. He bent to kiss her, then stopped. "You were helping them again, weren't you?" 
"Yes." She always stopped to give the peasants food. It was in her nature. 
Patrick kissed her. She kissed him back, relaxing into his arms. 
"Katia," her name had never sounded so good coming from someone else's lips. 
"Patrick," she whispered back. 
"Katia," this voice was unimpressed and cold. It was Mother, standing with her arms crossed, lips pursed. 
"Uh, Mother! What are you doing here?"
"I would like to ask you the same thing." Mother said as she moved forward and grabbed Katia's arm.
"I...Patrick, this is for you." As Mother pulled her away, she grabbed out the present and threw it to him.
"Thank you!" He called. 

"What were you doing?" Mother yelled. 
"I was giving Patrick his birthday present." Katia's voice was quiet. 
"Who is Patrick!"
"My..."
"My what?"
"My...my boyfriend."
"Your what?!"
"My boyfriend!" 
Mother became stone faced. 
"Mother?"
"GO TO YOUR ROOM!"
Katia went.

Tap.
Something hit the bay window in Katia's room. She rolled over and forced her eyes open. A shadow was sitting outside her window.
"Babe?" It whispered.
"Patrick?"
"Yup," he leaned closer to the window. "You gonna let me in?"
"Sure," she slid out of bed and over to the window. She opened it, and felt Patrick's hands close around her neck.


© 2015 Zabella


Author's Note

Zabella
Chapter 3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it! This is a great story. Looks like your gonna be an author!😋😋😋

Posted 8 Years Ago


Zabella

8 Years Ago

Thank you! It would be nice to be an author!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on April 13, 2015
Last Updated on April 14, 2015
Tags: Futuristic


Author

Zabella
Zabella

G-44 noida sec 3 nearest metro noida sector, 16 , uttar pradesh, India



About
Hey, I am Doctor Khushi and I am from India. I am a member 8 years of Vedas cure PVT LTD. if you ever face Piles,fissures fistula issues regarding you can visit on my profile or contact vedaspilescu.. more..

Writing