Blue Watermelons

Blue Watermelons

A Story by Mindless Mindset
"

Zaikyo's not eating it but Karina's gonna make her.

"

Title: Blue Watermelons
Characters: Karina, Zaikyo
Status: Drabble
Genre: General, Humor, Magic
Synopsis: Zaikyo's not eating it but Karina s' gonna make her.
Comments: I just randomly thought of this.

"What... is it?" Zaikyo asked. She stared at the plump chunks of oddly colored fruit decorating the kitchen table.

"It's watermelon!" Karina exclaimed, a grin on her face.

Zaikyo squinched her eyes together. "No it's not. Watermelon is not that color."

"Well," Karina sighed. "This is watermelon. I made it and now I need a taste tester. So try it!" She picked up a fork off the counter top and dipped it in the oval shaped gored.

Zaikyo shook her head. "Uh uh. That is not watermelon. That is merely you trying to use your earth powers and coming up with something grotesque that you expect me to eat. But I won't do it." She crossed her arms and turned her head."

"Just try it Jor-"

"Hey! No real names at the table! This is not some confession circle!"

"Well, IF you don't eat it, I will be forced to reveal your real identity to EVERYONE IN JAPAN."

The words cut through Zaikyo's mind like a razor. Karina was serious.

"You wouldn't."

Karina raised her eyebrows. "Wouldn't I?"

'Defeat!,' Zaikyo thought. She made a face at the food. "Ok fine. But you gotta swear you will NEVER tell anyone!"

Karina nodded. "I swear."

Zaikyo took a deep breath. This could kill her, depending on how hard Karina was actually trying when she cast that spell. Though, she knew her best friend would never give her anything dangerous, she also knew that Karina had this weird thing for all natural foods. Which, in reality meant that the things she ate were disgusting. Besides, Zaikyo had been in a situation similar to this once before. She couldn't forget the "cookie incident." Eating anything that Karina made could be fatal. Zaikyo wasn't sure if she could handle it.

But still, her humiliation was at stake. So she was going to have to do it.

Hesitantly, she lifted the fork and stabbed a a chunk of blue meat. It was dripping a greenish colored liquid and it had little purple seeds in it.

Zaikyo sniffed it. Oddly to her, it smelled like... oranges?

'Yeah,' she thought. 'I'm gonna die...'

Forcefully, she opened her mouth and shoved the food inside. She bit down and allowed the taste to spill into her senses.

Suprisingly, it was sweet. In fact, it tasted... good! Like a mixture grapes and oranges and strawberries and some other fruit that Zaikyo couldn't name.

"This is awesome!" Zaikyo exclaimed, taking another peice.

Karina smiled. "Great!" She took out a notebook and wrote a few things down. "The solution seems to be stable and it omits a sweet- Zaikyo, what's wrong?

The girl across the table made a squeaking noise in responce, then pulled a purple-ish oval off of her tongue.

It was small and after a closer look, seemed more black rather that purple. There were little tiny things poking out from the edges.... hairs? No, not hairs.... Zaikyo was puzzled. It didn't look like hairs... It looked like.... legs..

Zaikyo screamed. "THESE ARE NOT SEEDS!"

Karina covered her mouth. "Oops."

Zaikyo fell backwards, unconsious.

"I must have crossed a fruit spell with something insect related... Hmm.." Karina wondered aloud. "I feel like I've seen this before....?" She shook her head. "Nah!"


THE END

© 2008 Mindless Mindset


Author's Note

Mindless Mindset
Comments are love! ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on November 24, 2008