Concept

Concept

A Chapter by aaaa
"

Based on Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal

"
I am thinking of writing a story based on Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal. At twelve years old children of the enormous population of the poor are put into the kennels to be hunted by the rich for sport. An entire sub-scociety exists in the cast iron prisons that the survivors are herded into at the end of each succesful hunt.

 A thirteen year old child named Shawn is one of the first in years to approad breeding age. In the one and a half years since he was put there he has become leader of the strongest survival team, which the children create in order to try and out smart the hunt. After the two years in the hunting kennels if you survive you are allowed to enter the breeding mills and become one of the producer population. There you receive daily meals of protein mush made from the ground up bodies of infants produced by the very same mills.

It is now six months until he reaches breeding age, and he can't just leave the others in his hunting team out to dry. A new prey, a twelve year old girl, is given over to the mills. Everyone at the kenels are bright, only the smartest and strongest are put into there so that the hunts can be more enjoyable for the rich, everyone else is simply turned to protein feed. This girl is different through, she is the most intelligent in years, passed all over test with scores that most didn't beleive possible.

She treats everyone with contempt, refusing every offer to join team, and at most time simply refusing to speak to anyone, going as far to refuse to give a single person her name. To Shawn she is a golden opportunity. She is extactly what he needs to lead his team to make sure more than just him live to reach fourteen. He also knows he isn't the brightest. He approaches problems with a directness that boarders on offish stupidity, but has a dogged sense of duty and ability to work until his fingers bleed that has allowed him to get this far. While others gave up on recruiting her after the first few times he is determined to do it at all costs.

The next hunt is coming around, and their dorm block is the one to be released into the hunting grounds. If she doesn't get a team soon her chances of survival are near zero. Shawn had less than a week to convince her to come to his team, but she had yet to utter a word to him. He has his work cut out for him, but that's just the average life of one of the prey.


© 2010 aaaa


Author's Note

aaaa
Tell me what ya think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one of the best ideas for stories.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it it is good it is kinda like the hunting game. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Has a lot of potential. I think it would be interesting to read the character development and see where the story goes. How much animal like are 'the prey'? things like that. Give it a shot!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This sounds very interesting. I say go for it. Develop it some more. I'm sure it will turn out great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sounds completely warped and sick. It'd probably sell well as that seems to be what the majority wants to read anymore.

Posted 13 Years Ago


def a good concept... i do agree with dakota though... perhaps add something else to the mix... a possibility of escape or actual change maybe? idk... that why i'm the reviewer atm lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the idea, but maybe add some uniqueness of your own. More so than just the week to convince her. Add a major problem for the boy himself, other than him not being the brightest. I like the idea, keep going with it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

517 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2010
Last Updated on September 19, 2010
Tags: Dark, Gay, Hate, LGBT, Life, Sad, adventure, death, epression, fantasy, fiction, heart, horror, lost, love, pain, poem, poetry, romance, teen, two, halves, science


Author

aaaa
aaaa

Tracy, CA



About
aaaa more..

Writing
Sky Rails Sky Rails

A Book by aaaa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry