You Will Always Be In My Blood

You Will Always Be In My Blood

A Poem by A. A. Zambrana
"

For my best friend

"

In the sand, by the sea, we hold out the pieces of our virginities on shaking palms. They are oddly shaped pills, these untapped parts of our souls.

The brilliance of the unexpected fascinates us, fists un-clenching simultaneously, haphazardly, "it just happened" is what is strewn across our lips, and it tastes like a heightened version of what we know so well when we tongue it with intrigued and flirtatious smirks denting our cheeks.

And we take from each other the pieces no one else would take and dissolve them beneath our tongues. We have found our place in one another's blood streams, nestled in against the current, with nothing but our erythrocytes to cushion our heads.

My heart was already so full to the brim of you that I am fearful of an overflow now that our ribs are spread open and we are offering up our depths to the ways of the fickle ocean winds.

Bearing our stomachs and lungs regardless of every possible famine and threat, we spit at the cautionary whispers hissing in our ears. This is not so much out of abandon, but rather the sober and proud understanding that even if the wind chooses to kick shut my ribs and pull me by the hair into the sea, you will always be in my blood.

© 2008 A. A. Zambrana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on July 27, 2008

Author

A. A. Zambrana
A. A. Zambrana

Tulsa, OK



About
I'm only 19, I feel I'm too young to have a Biography. I think the most eloquent and honest biography I could assemble is quite simply interwoven in all of my poetry. Except that none of my poems ment.. more..

Writing
Taste Taste

A Poem by A. A. Zambrana