Gentle Grasp

Gentle Grasp

A Story by Trillian

She looked down in the silence to avoid his eyes. She slowly led her gaze to his hands awkwardly folded on the table. Shaking. Tapping. They grabbed each other in search for comfort, but vexation stimulated his heartbeat to an electric pace.  She continued to stare at the trembling palms. The tips of his fingers wore coarse calluses, ones that used to give her goosebumps as they ran down her arm. Her focused deflected to his sweaty palms which seemed a perfect place to rest her hands. Her eyes followed his palm down to his slender fingers. She imagined them brushing the hair out of her pale face. Her only wish was to grip his hands. Hold them with ease as if they were shared property. She wanted once more to clutch his seemingly stark and rugged grasp only to be baffled each time to feel they were as delicate and gentle as cotton.

© 2012 Trillian


Author's Note

Trillian
It may be kind of cheesy and probably has a couple of grammar problems (fragments, apostrophes, etc...), but I hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 13, 2012
Tags: Short, Romance

Author

Trillian
Trillian

Houston, TX



About
I want to explore all of my interests as much as I can. I generally write short stories of fiction, but I enjoy poetry as well. more..

Writing
Deja Vu Deja Vu

A Poem by Trillian


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by Trillian