Honest

Honest

A Poem by Peter Zaelio

"Tomorrow, I want to bring you a piece of paper with the telephone number of a taxi cab company that knows the exact address of my arms, so the day you need a hug I’m going to be there for that. Hear what you have to say without waiting for my turn to speak, let you fall asleep for no other reason than to remind you it’s good to be tired. It only means you’re practicing for another dream. And we’ve got to practice." -Shane Koyczan

I realized the other day that I know you better than I've ever known anyone in my whole life.
I also realized that I trust you more than anyone else.
I've said things to you that I never thought I'd ever say to another human being.

You're my best friend.
I'm sorry that you don't completely trust me because I never tell you the whole truth.
Some things are better left unsaid, but lying by omission is still lying, so I'm left with little options.

So why not tell the whole truth then?

I'm trying to be good.
I'm trying not to put any pressure on you or put any worries on your mind.
Maybe I'm crazy to leave you with your worries of the unknown. I'm sorry for that.
But I want you to know that I'm more open with you than I've ever been with anyone else, and that terrifies me.
I tell you everything eventually, but sometimes you just gotta bear with me for a bit.
The way I feel is simple,
but how you feel things is complex,
sometimes I have no idea where I stand with you.
Do you actually hate me deep down?
I know that's probably not true, but that's just one thing. I don't hate you, and I'll always take your side.
Even if the whole world stands against you I'll will stand by you. I know that's a big thing to say, maybe even a little bit frightening, to be honest.
But it's true.
So just now I decided to shut my brain up and say something.

© 2016 Peter Zaelio


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

-- this post makes a reader like me acutely aware of the importance of being expressive and communicative... -- i'm guilty of lying by omission in my life and i do realize how unfair that is to the other person... -- thank you for writing this earnest plea... it's extremely moving and sensitive...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

-- this post makes a reader like me acutely aware of the importance of being expressive and communicative... -- i'm guilty of lying by omission in my life and i do realize how unfair that is to the other person... -- thank you for writing this earnest plea... it's extremely moving and sensitive...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on February 20, 2016