In the Beginning

In the Beginning

A Poem by Peter Zaelio

"So just remember, you are loved."
It's a thing you've said to me time and time again.

When I met you it reminded me of a scientific theory based on black hole theory:
If two black holes collided, eventually they would combine into a super massive black hole which is a leading possibility as to the cause of the Big Bang.
When I met you it was as if the darkest parts of me cried out and echoed with the depths of your soul, and in those days we would turn to writing music to quell the savage beasts in our hearts.
When I met you it was as if our darkness collided and created a whole universe of new life and new possibilities for me.

I began to shape and form myself in a way I never thought I would, and never thought I could.
I began to see myself in a different light and you inspired me to be myself, even if I didn't fully understand who that was yet.
I began to see the darkness receding and give birth to a new light. One that was content with the shadows that clung, resistant to being cast aside.
But in that light I could see my universe expand the more time I spent with you, every moment wanting to be kept near a black hole, so time could slow and it could last forever.

Once consumed by a black hole, nothing can escape, not even the light; but within the confines of our darkness we created a universe, a private place of all our own.
Just because it is impossible to escape the black, doesn't mean that the light can't find a home, and a place to grow within it.

So I can't forget that I am loved.
Because when I'm with you feels like I'm nearing a black hole, every precious moment...feels like forever.

© 2016 Peter Zaelio


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the poem has shifted my imagery through shadows, darkness and clear weather. interesting work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fusion. Collision. Light and dark. Two, then one.

Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


-- i don't know how you can be this brilliant... you've taken two of the most complex things... the darkness of the human psyche... and the black hole... and connected them perfectly with the infinity of love... -- i especially love the thought in "...so time could slow and it could last forever." ... and the thought in... "Just because it is impossible to escape the black, doesn't mean that the light can't find a home, and a place to grow within it."... life cannot be a sugar-coated myth... true, that... but it can be something significant and meaningful... -- very inspiring work, monsieur...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Peter Zaelio

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. It always fills me with joy to know that you read any of my work, you always writ.. read more
. serah .

8 Years Ago

-- you're very welcome, monsieur... -- i find my visits to your pages very rewarding...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 24, 2016
Last Updated on February 24, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..