Harry Potter and the Special Gift

Harry Potter and the Special Gift

A Story by ZeniaK
"

A side of Harry you've never seen before...

"

Harry Potter and the “Special Gift”

 

            Severus Snape was a cunning man, though that was a given seeing as he was the head professor of the House of Slytherin. He was a simple man if you didn’t look too deeply on the inside. He taught potions, and though he wished for the position to teach defense against the dark arts and had an overall feeling about him of unhappiness, you were told not to doubt him. Dumbledor trusts him, after all, and the students at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry were taught to believe in their headmaster’s judgment.  

            Professor Snape did, however, have a tendency to do things under the table, as some might say. He had a trend of bending Hogwart’s rules more so than most other professors would dare (with the exception of Hagrid), and that was exactly one of the sort of things he was planning on doing right now. Harry Potter, a boy from the rival house Gryffindor, was the bane of his existence ever since the boy had become a first year. He certainly couldn’t get away with turning him into a frog, using his eyeballs for ingredients in his potions class, or using the “Crucio” curse on him, but as for a “special gift” he could send the boy…  

            I could have it delivered by owl, and he’d never suspect it was from me. 

            Wrapping a coiling, dark green ribbon that seemed to have its own snake-like demeanor around the gift box, he wrote in large, bold cursive, “To Harry Potter with love”. He sealed the package, and snickered to himself.

            “Merry Christmas, Mr. Potter.” He murmured.

 

Later that day in the Gryffindor dorm…  

            “Harry, didn’t you see? There was a package lying for you on your bed, why don’t you have a look at it?” Dean, a fellow Gryffindor said as he passed Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting by the fireplace doing homework for astronomy and transfiguration class.

            Ron looked up at Harry, puzzled. “Why on Earth would someone send you a package at this hour? Everyone knows the owl post arrives in the morning.”

            Harry shrugged. “I’ve got no idea. Maybe a Christmas gift? But it seems early for that, doesn’t it?”  

            Hermione did not once look up from her transfiguration notes, but said, “Well the only way to know for sure is to open the bloody package and see what’s inside.” She huffed.

            Ron and Harry exchanged a look that said, What’s gotten into her? Though it was most likely the test that was soon to be coming up that had Hermione’s nerves on end. That seemed to happen often enough, though she always made a perfect score.

            “Let’s go then,” Harry suggested, standing up and Ron followed suit. If Harry were to be honest with himself, he had long since grown bored of looking over notes that he already knew, and he was sure Ron had never been studying at all, anyway.

            The prospect of a package piqued the boy’s interests. Only a few people ever sent him anything for the holidays, and as his family never bothered with it, only his friends and a few professors sent him gifts this time of year.  

            Upon entering the Gryffindor boy’s dorm room with Ron, he approached his bed to find just as Dean had said, a package. It was a small box shape, wrapped in gold paper and tied off with a large, dark green ribbon that curled on the ends. In black ink someone had scribed, “To Harry Potter with love”. Harry blushed, and Ron chuckled beside him.  

            “You managed to pick up a new lover, eh? Does it say who it’s from?” Ron asked, taking the gift from Harry to turn it around on all sides in search for a name.

            Harry blushed harder and grabbed the golden box back, saying, “Get your own secret admirer! And no, it doesn’t have a name. I already looked for one.”

            “Well… open it. Oh, but be careful! It might be a,” Ron stepped closer and whispered in Harry’s ear, “love potion.”

            Harry shoved him away, but laughed. Tentatively, he made a small tear in the golden paper, snapping the ribbon off the box, and began to tear off the rest to reveal a cardboard box. Opening it, he found a-

            “A pipe! Why would someone send you a pipe? That isn’t very romantic at all.”

            “Hold on, it says something.” Harry shushed him. Harry adjusted his glasses to see a tiny note on the pipe’s handle that read, “For the magic that lies inside: Simply empty the contents of the packages into the pipe, light with fire, and breathe in deeply to strengthen your magic. Never fails and never wears away.”  

            Harry beamed. He had to admit to himself that it was a stunning design, the pipe was. It was finely polished and the mouthpiece was made into the design of a unicorn’s horn. “It says here,” He said, showing Ron, “That if you put the contents of this package into the pipe and light it, that it will strengthen your magic!”  

            “Really?” Ron asked sounding impressed, “Would you like to give it a go outside by the Quidditch field? I’m not sure how the professors would feel about you smoking a magic pipe in the dorm, and they might consider it cheating since it’s said to strengthen magic…”

            “Right. Do you think we should invite Hermione?”

            “She seems to be in a foul mood today, so I’d say not.”

            Harry nodded, carefully putting his early Christmas present back into the box. “No time to lose if we want to get back in time for dinner.”

 

At the Quidditch field…

            Harry and Ron had settled on a place by the bleachers of the Quidditch field to try out their new “magic” pipe which Ron had lit just a few minutes ago.

            “Go on, Harry, you try it first. It was your present, after all.” Ron handed the pipe to Harry, who closed his eyes and took a deep breath before inhaling deeply.

            His eyes lit up, and he giggled, almost choking before handing it to Ron. “Ron, you try it! I… I think it’s working! I feel different.”  He giggled again, and his best friend looked at him strangely.

            It’s part of the process, I guess, Ron thought as to why Harry was behaving abnormally. Though he shrugged it off, mimicking Harry, and he choked before taking another deep breath. And another. And another.

            “Lemme see,” Harry whined, taking it back for himself while Ron looked up at the clouds and saw his mum flying with the eagles, before the eagles blurred and they all began to look like his little sister, Ginny.

            “GINNY! Ginny get down from there!” Ron yelled to sunset sky, and Harry just snickered. “Harry, my sister’s up there!”

            Harry looked, but what he saw was a range of colors from all around the color spectrum to some he had never seen before. “Must be Van Gogh,” He whispered in awe.

            Ron was still in a panic as he saw dozens of copies of his little sister floating above his head. “Harry we must get to our brooms so we can fly up there and save Ginny!”

            “I don’t see Ginny.”

            “Well you can’t see, you dolt, that’s why you need glasses.”  

            Harry adjusted the glasses on his face. “Oh, yes, I forgot.”

            After twenty long minutes of trying to figure out the correct way of mounting a broomstick (the attempted ways of tying your feet to the ends with shoes laces or holding onto one upside down like a koala bear proved to be ineffective), Harry finally managed to get his Firebolt into the air, though it seemed to be shaking uncontrollably.

            He aimed the Firebolt directly towards the fading sun and shouted at the top of his lungs, “For Ginny… and beyond!”

           

In Severus’s room…  

            A loud scream could be heard echoing all around the school of Hogwarts and had reached ears of the Slytherin professor from across the Quidditch field. Pulling the thick, black curtains away from the chilly window, he peered outside and chuckled darkly. Why, there was the famous boy Harry Potter himself. And what was he doing? Well he appeared to be heading straight first into the-

            Snape smiled to himself, and it looked as if a scaly, pink snake has slunk its way across his face.

 

            Thirty minutes later, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley were being tossed into the Headmaster’s office, sentenced to four months’ worth of detention, on account of flying irresponsibly, crashing into Professor Flitwick’s classroom window, and breaking a Hufflepuff boy’s arm in the process. Vomiting on the Quidditch field and stands. Shouting obscenities to fellow classmates and teachers. Making explicit gestures at poor Ravenclaw females. And, most severely, smoking crack cocaine on the Hogwarts premises.

            Harry had always been amazed by Dumbledor’s office. There were so many trinkets lining the shelves, and vials full of swirling substances with the likes of which he had never seen. His office was alive, and ever changing. His phoenix stood still with watchful eyes on top of one of the shelves that was filled with hundreds upon hundreds of spell books that Harry would bet have all been read. Though, today, it all seemed much less amusing to him as his stomach churned, and he thought that not all of it was from fear.

            Beside him, Ron rubbed his eyes in a stupor, his voice rough. “Harry?” He asked, “I think He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named sent you dark magic.”

            Harry’s eyes widened. “You think it was him?”

            “Who else could it be? Who else would send you something to make you act that way? It makes sense, if he’s trying to get into your head. That magic he sent us made both of us go utterly mad!”

            Dumbledor wasn’t present in his office at the moment as the two friends were reviving from their drug-induced state. In his place was none other than Severus Snape, sitting in a large chair behind an elegantly carved, wooden desk with his hands clasped in front of his smirking face.   

            In a voice kissed by a DeathEater, he asked, “Are you boys aware of all the damage you’ve caused? You should be expelled for the damage you’ve caused Hogwarts. Many students would be,” He leaned closer, “but as you two are Dumbledor’s pets I am unable to see to it that your expulsion is seen through. However, every dorm room is being inspected for more of the illegal substance both of you bigots consumed, and,” Snape leaned back lazily, “You have detention with me every day for the next four months and you will be suspended from any extracurricular activities.”

            “But-“ Harry started, but the Slytherin professor cut him off, saying, “And while you’re in detention, I will have you wrap gifts for me that will sent out to the other professors and headmaster.”

            Harry glared, but stayed silent. “Presents?” Ron asked, confused.

            Snape walked around the desk with pronounced strides to stand behind the two boys to whisper, “I have the loveliest golden paper and green ribbons. I’m sure even you two could make Christmas look presentable with that.” 

           

           

 

© 2014 ZeniaK


Author's Note

ZeniaK
I own none of these characters! They are all J.K. Rowling's in the Harry Potter series! Review and I will review you back. Tell me your thoughts! Luv ya.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hah, an entertaining idea indeed. Snape is getting the whole school to light up a bowl... who would have guessed? Them wizards don't seem too used to the ways of the muggle! Generally not a fan of people taking other peoples stories and doing fan-re-writes. But in this case it helped it become even more absurd and entertaining.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think that the idea was really creative! I just suggest not getting into actually doing anything with it unless you did what you did with saying the characters are not yours.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

I did say that. Check the author's note.
Did you write this as your own with the characters in Harry Potter? I just wanted to know, because it's really good!

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

I wrote this of course using the characters in Harry Potter, but it was just meant as a parody, caus.. read more
Very good! I really like it! I also LOVE harry potter and this is very good!

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

haha thanx Lucia
Wow, dont hit me but hvnt read harry potter but this real good story. Keep the creative u alive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

lol it's ok a lot of people haven't read it, but I'm glad you liked it anyways. :)
Haha, I loved that. Harry and Ron doing drugs. Really funny idea.
Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

haha thanx abbabellee
annabellee

10 Years Ago

you're most welcome :)
Wow, that was great! A classic novel series turned into such a crude, hilarious parody! Genius! I never would have though about this idea, but it is very creative and fun to read. Had me laughing out loud at some points. Nice job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

thankx BClancy
Zeniak, I think unless you have asked permission to use these characters you are treading on dangerous ground. Not a good Idea.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

Will, I said I don't own the rights to them, and there's an entire genre that's dedicated to writing.. read more
An amusing version of Harry Potter. Very creative.

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

thanks praveeta!
Praveeta

10 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Hillarious!!! I love this!!! I am a MASSIVE Harry Potter Fan and I liked how you kept the basis of every character so true yet let the plot of this short story run free. I loved how it was from Snape's perspective as well as this let on a very different side. Amazing writing!! Am going to sift through your work now in hope of more Harry Potter writing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


ZeniaK

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to post more Harry Potter things in the future. haha I'm glad you li.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 1, 2014
Last Updated on January 1, 2014

Author

ZeniaK
ZeniaK

Neverland, U-Kiss



About
Hey! So if you'd be so inclined to read and review my work, I will read and review yours back. I love reading, writing (Don't we all???), and wasting time on YouTube. I'm a nerd and I'm proud and I li.. more..

Writing
Good Boy Good Boy

A Story by ZeniaK


Crooked Chapter 1 Crooked Chapter 1

A Chapter by ZeniaK