Chapter 4: Come Plenus Orbis

Chapter 4: Come Plenus Orbis

A Chapter by Amanda Knotts
"

Her we find Dominque having a tissy fit

"

 Standing at the top of the stairs, that lead into the ballroom, he didn't have to wait long on the landing when Callie appeared,” Radiant as ever love, but where is Dom?"
         "She came down with a headache the doctor suggested that she rest for tonight." 
          "I'll check on her tomorrow then I never should have lost my temper with her like that."
          "Honey you have every right she dissevered it she came in screaming about something pointless.  Unlike us she gets a choice we just go lucky." She smiled, " I love you more they day we married."
           “May I announce his Majesty Derrick James Kildare and his wife Colina Elizabeth Kildare!" The man shouted triumphantly as they descended the stairs.  To the Lord and ladies who waited below all smiling and bowing low to the ground. All the while Derrick’s mind faded to the day he almost lost his life. 
 
            The Snow mixed with hail the wind blowing it in blinding sheets obscuring the battlefield. The King spit into the wind and watched it crystallize almost as soon as it hit the ground front of him.  Pulling his coat tighter around him, he slowly trudged over to the place where Jeremiah was crouched low to the ground trying to keep warm.
            A loud explosion cracked through the howl of the wind from the direction of the bridge as it collapsed from the Serindraile bomb leveling the bridge killing hundreds of people from both sides.
            “Was Jet on that Bridge?” The King asked desperately.
            Jeremiah only nodded.
            "How many did we lose this week? The King asked frantically thinking about Jet.
            "We lost a good couple thousand and a good three, maybe four hundred more just now in the explosion.
            “We need to end this now and you need to get inside having you dead will not serve any kind of cause" Jeremiah shook his head and raised his voice over the howling winds of the Aldrayian plains.
           "You don't think I don't already know this? I don't we can survive the week with food let alone them killing us!" He shook his head and started to walk to the tents he knew that Jeremiah was right he needed rest, food, and sleep he had a child on the way.   
            He turned and began to walk towards his tent when out of nowhere several guards dropped to their knees hands behind there heads, swords and guns on the ground, and Ralf was with them only he was mouthing something to him he couldn’t hear.
           "To the right?" was he reading what he mouthed correctly?" They were all starring at him he didn't get it until he looked where the gazes were really held the King of the Serindraile was five feet way with a gun pointed at his head. 
          The war was over and he closed his eyes swallowing what was sure to be his last breath.
 
       At the end of procession the King of the Serindraile stood only this time there were friends and the only thing pointed at him was Edward's open hand and a friendly smile.
They shook hands and Edward noticed that the King was standing taller then he had in years.
            In the courtyard outside a carriage pulled to the front of the palace.  Jet was pacing nervously when he stopped as he heard his daughter laughing followed by the laughter he knew so well coming from young man who was followed by Ralf who smiled at him.Yes this was going to be a glorious sunrise indeed.



© 2009 Amanda Knotts


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on July 28, 2008
Last Updated on June 14, 2009


Author

Amanda Knotts
Amanda Knotts

WA



About
Heya this is Amanda and I am 23 years old and attending college to be a Elementry teacher in Private schools. I grew up in Washington with my mom, dad, 3 brothers, ages 21, 21, and 17. (yes two are.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Amanda Knotts