Her Wonderland

Her Wonderland

A Story by ZooZoo
"

Quick story about girl who finds herself in a twisted world where she seems to never escape.

"
Chapter One


BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP--SLAM

“Gahh…” Claire made a groan as she turned in her warm covers. The sun beat down on her eyes, making her squint and unhappily told her it was morning. AGAIN. “Dah dat dat duh, I’m so hard, yah yah yah, I’m so hard…” She was about ready to scream. In anger, she swung her arm off the pillow and hit the bad with such force, it could’ve bruised an apple. “Why is that song still in my head?” Claire said sleepily. She rolled over and decided to sleep it out.

“Claire! CLAIRE!” She heard a yell from the kitchen. Too sleepy to yell back, she groaned again to let her know she was going to get up. “CLAIRE!!” Finally, she looked at the clock. 

Her mother, Valerie, finished off cooking breakfast when she heard another loud bang from upstairs. She knew it was Claire. She was about to yell her name again, but thought better on it. “At least she’s up” and flipped the omelet. 

Another crash, groan, and a yell from Claire’s brother’s room telling her to shut up, and finally, Claire, tumbling down the stairs. She landed on her butt, which was fortunate, since it was the first day of school. “I’m late.” She said with shock. She fell down the stairs of death and lived. Two people have died on those stairs. One was a baby, who wanted to see what that wonderful smell that was coming downstairs was. The other was a teenager such as herself, who slipped down and hit her neck in such a way were it cracked. Claire that for sure while she was falling that this was her last moment, and took the time to remember that she forgot to brush her teeth. 

Valerie looked over at Claire while putting the new omelet on a square shiny plate. “Eat some breakfast, I don’t want you leaving the house without it” She said that like something like this happened every day. Claire was shocked at that. Oh wait, something like this does happen every day. Claire is a very clumsy person, a shared trait with her family who has lived in this house for generations. 

Ignoring her mother, she grabbed her fresh smelling new black and red striped back pack and ran out the door. She wasn’t wearing anything fancy, just some black skinny jeans, a form fitting t-shirt that said “Dr. Pepper Loves Me”, and her favorite pendant necklace, that matched perfectly with the rest of her outfit. Her hair was on the wild side, with side swept bangs, and short, wispy black locks behind her. She wasn’t emo or scene; she was too sociable for that. 

Running down the side-walk, she didn’t even look up at first. The air was especially humid for today; Claire hoped it wouldn’t make her hair fizzy. It seemed a normal day, but she noticed something. There were no shadows. And with no shadows, came no sun. She looked up, and saw something that was not of her world. She wasn’t in her world anymore. Her suburb town was gone, taken over by a twisted-looking candy land. The ground was covered in green moss and purple long grass. The sky was a light shade of coal on one side, and the other a comical blue. The landscape was wild, covered with unnatural things such as oversized mushrooms, curly corkscrew trees, a candy cane stalk (not kidding), and golden puddles of what looked like water. Claire stepped back, her hand trying to find the doorknob she used to enter this world. She swung it back a few times and then hit a button. A button? Claire turned to see if she was correct, when the ground underneath her feet gave way, and she screamed down a long tunnel. 

As she screamed, she once again thought she was going to die. She thought about her fat cat, Smores, her favorite plastic mug, her first kiss (It was with her cat), and the guitar she played every day. When she screamed for about a minute, she opened her eyes in surprise. “How come I’m not dead?” she tried her best to look down, but when she did, she flipped right over and started falling headfirst. She screamed again, but it was short-lived. Her head hit something hard, a round object. Being so clumsy, she hit her head all the time and never passed out or anything. On instinct, she grabbed what hit her head and brought close to her eyes revealing… “My mug?...” She looked around, still falling, and saw a huge picture of her first kiss with Smores painted on the wall. Horrified, she could only look as she kept falling, until the painting was out of her sight. “Where am I?” her voice trailed off until she fainted from too much adrenaline. Her limp body gracefully fell into a white light, and then there was silence. She had entered Her Wonderland.

© 2010 ZooZoo


Author's Note

ZooZoo
It's crap, I know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

is not crap XP did u ever write any more of this? ^^ I WANT MOAR WOMAN.
Sorry i haven't been on WC much^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on August 16, 2010

Author

ZooZoo
ZooZoo

Wonderland, NH



About
... HAI more..

Writing
Wolf Mark Wolf Mark

A Story by ZooZoo