Wolf Mark

Wolf Mark

A Story by ZooZoo
"

About a girl who finds herself mixed up with the aggressive werewolves. pretty stupid, don't bother reading.

"
Chapter One
Clark awoke with a start. Her skin was textured like a plucked chicken as she rubbed them to warm up. A white glaze frosted the cheap car windows, and she could see her breath climb up to the dented car roof. Grudgingly, she turned up cracking her back a bit to check the clock.

5:03

Not too bad, she mused that she could make the morning without the comforting jolt of caffeine that came from coffee. Not like coffee exists out here, but it was better to think that she had the choice anyway. Then it hit her that she forgot to change her clock because last night was Daylight Savings Time. Spring forward, Fall back.

4:03

Damn it. 

She kicked off her measly blanket and took the moment to hold her head from the sudden nausea from getting up too fast without proper sleep. It went away in a few seconds, but slowly she made her way up to the cold steering wheel with a beat up leather cover protecting it. 

Wonder if they miss me… 

She turned the keys, saying a small prayer before she did so. With a few kicks and growls from the engine, it roared to life letting Clark know it will survive another agonizingly long day of driving. She breathed a sigh of relief as she pulled the knob on the heat and pushed the vents on the windows. 

Clark longed to be out of the cold wilderness, where the wind always blew and there wasn’t a damn gas station for a 100 miles down the cracked and beaten road. But that wasn’t what made this place horrible. It was the mountains. The mountains that hid secrets, horrible secrets that taunt you and laugh at you. The quiet erupted and consumed everything that came near. It haunted and slithered across the dry rocks and knocked on the car windows at dawn. Mountains knew everything about you, it could peer into your soul and every thought. Evil hides in mountains. No, evil is the mountains. 

 Suddenly shaken by her thoughts, her put the car into gear and left the mountains behind her. Clark's eyes followed the road, but her thoughts rested on the past. And her secret thoughts were on the mountains.

© 2010 ZooZoo


Author's Note

ZooZoo
I've been trying to work the idea since I was 13 ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 12, 2010
Last Updated on December 12, 2010

Author

ZooZoo
ZooZoo

Wonderland, NH



About
... HAI more..

Writing
Her Wonderland Her Wonderland

A Story by ZooZoo