The Party Boy

The Party Boy

A Story by ASandyRabbit
"

-

"
Once there was a boy sitting in a corner all alone. He was bored and reading a book, but next to him was a grand fiesta. However, he was not invited to it so he could not attend.

Then, a young girl asked him, "Would you like to dance?"
"But I'm not invited. Plus I don't know how."
"Well it's simple, you just take a step left, then a step right, then a left again..."
Soon the boy was enjoying himself. He became so caught up in the party that he soon became the center, doing fancy kicks and twists on his head.
Then, a woman started up, "Who invited him?"
Everyone looked around. Everybody shook their head and shrugged. The boy was overcome with embarrassment. He had joined a party he wasn't part of!! Then the girl cane to the center. "I did. I invited him. He looked so lonely by himself there."
The boy nodded vigorously. The adults began nodding too. The woman from before came over and patted him on the shoulder. "I'm sorry! You're always welcome to dance with us." And so he did.

© 2016 ASandyRabbit


Author's Note

ASandyRabbit
Really short little story. Make of it what you will ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting lesson of the day!

Personally, i'm a fan of descriptive writing.. Where i can play out the intricate details in my mind like a movie.

I would like to read more! I know there's more to your writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ASandyRabbit

7 Years Ago

Some of my other short stories are more like this. When I wrote this it was more meant as something .. read more
ASandyRabbit

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the feedback, though!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016
Tags: ASandyRabbit, Intersectionality, Culture, Semi-Autobiographical

Author

ASandyRabbit
ASandyRabbit

About
I'm a young experimental writer still in that phase of everything I write is bad, but I want to improve. Please give me feedback. Tear me to shreds, in fact. I'll be able to improve from it :) I've.. more..

Writing