Milonguero

Milonguero

A Story by ASandyRabbit
"

-

"
Milonguero, you oldie. If I ever saw you I’d miss you now. But too late, too young I was born, long after you had left. Now we ritualistically recreate you, trying to imitate your breathe. Milonguero, I love you. Your image imprinted on my mind. Though you were everyone anonymous, I can’t help but see you sublime. Perhaps you died by blade. Or perhaps by influenza. Or perhaps you simply lay down and died, since you were all of them I cannot know. It wonders me how deftly passionate you were, as if right now you’re in front of me. But simultaneously nobody remembers you. Only what you’ve done. Milonguero you’re a body, a collective, all as one. I must be your vessel, but only in part. Express yourself through me and give me a foot to match your own. I will keep my other, so I may dance alone. Not alone as in by myself, but as in of my own accord. One-fourth me, one-fourth you, and half him or her we’ll be the oligarchy of the floor.

© 2016 ASandyRabbit


Author's Note

ASandyRabbit
Somewhere between a poem and a story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016
Tags: ASandyRabbit, Tango, Argentina, Milonga, History

Author

ASandyRabbit
ASandyRabbit

About
I'm a young experimental writer still in that phase of everything I write is bad, but I want to improve. Please give me feedback. Tear me to shreds, in fact. I'll be able to improve from it :) I've.. more..

Writing