The Devil's Backyard

The Devil's Backyard

A Story by Uzu Franklyn
"

Evil resides in us all but we need to be strong to beat this evil. This is a horror story. It is full of fiction so, do not be too afraid.

"
It was another Friday night, and most Friday nights, my mom, dad, Jojo, Dan and I usually gathered together in our parlour to watch a horror movie. One hour into the movie, i felt pressed. So, i got up from the couch, wore my flip flops and headed straight to the toilet. While urinating, i heard a voice say "Dave, Dave, Dave, come to my backyard". When i looked outside the window there was nobody there. Then the voice came again "Dave, Dave, Dave, come to my backyard". When i looked outside the window this time, all of a sudden a tall man in something like a black overall was just standing still looking at me. It was dark so i could not see his face. But, i saw something that looked like the branches of a tree hanging out from his body as if they were his arms. It was at that sighting i knew something was wrong. "Bloomsville Never had trees in it's backyard" i said to myself and immediately, I ran back to my parlour to tell my dad what i had just seen. Obviously, my dad said i was hallucinating and just scared because we were watching a horror movie.
After a while, the lights began to flicker and my dad assumed it might be a fault from our power house. So, he stood up and went to give it a look. Ten minutes had passed and my dad had not yet returned and during this time, the flickering became worse. It was so bad that it lead to some of our bulbs exploding and this lead to a power outage. My mom was worried so she went to check on my dad. She too did not return. And then my brother Dan also left to go check on our parents but him too did not return. It was remaining Jojo and I. 
Suddenly, I heard chattering's come from upstairs and i wondered "might this be a prank our parents and senior brother want to play on us". After moments of unclear chattering, the voices stopped talking and it was then in my presence i heard huge stomps on the staircase. I was flabbergasted because i was standing right in front of the staircase and i could not see anyone but i could hear huge stomps. I could compare the sound of the stomping i was hearing to the stomping of four Rugby players. That's to show how loud it was. After stomping about the staircase, all of a sudden the sound stopped then i heard a huge scream. It was Jojo. By the time i got downstairs she was not there again. And i began asking myself questions like "What's going on", "Am i going to die" and the likes. After some seconds of soliloquising, I finally grew the guts to go look for my family. But first i thought, "why can't i just go meet the sheriff. He might Know what to do". So, i walked to the backyard to get my bicycle and upon arrival i saw a large pool of blood and I wondered whose blood might it be.
The garage opened and what i saw made me feel woozy. Then, i fainted. When i woke up i saw myself hanging down from the garage roof with a hook passing through my throat. I began to shout but it was as if i had lost my voice. So to say, i was choking on my own voice. Then suddenly i heard a voice say " Dave it's a good thing you are here. We make a big happy family thank goodness grandpa is here". It was the voice of my dad. When i took a clearer look, everyone in my family except me had their skin and bones removed. Their bones were being formed into some sort of text. Then, the old looking scruffy hag walked up to me with hot water, a blade and an axe. He poured the hot water on me and he began scalding me with the razor and when he was done, he used the axe to burst open my chest and cut me limb from limb so that he could get my bones. When he was done, he gathered my bones and used them to complete the rest of the text. All i could do was watch in pain and agony. After moments of joining and construction, I looked up again and saw a text. The text said "DEVILS BACKYARD". 
Then suddenly i woke up. And my dad told me i had been sleeping for more than two hours now. Then i wondered what kind of dream might that be. So, i heard the door bell and my dad said it was the pizza delivery guy. When i got to the door and opened it, i saw the same figure from my dream wearing a black overall and looking all faceless and then he said "HEY KIDO! WELCOME TO THE DEVILS BACKYARD".

© 2020 Uzu Franklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Way to go!!!!!!!!
This is very interesting, I like🤩

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uzu Franklyn

3 Years Ago

THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 13, 2020
Last Updated on June 13, 2020
Tags: #horrorstory, #horror, #fiction, #supernatural, #Torture

Author

Uzu Franklyn
Uzu Franklyn

Lagos, Nigeria



About
Creativity is intelligence having fun. more..

Writing