My Life Changed

My Life Changed

A Story by ModifiedMama
"

This is the story of how my boyfriend and I met, and a little more than that.

"
I always wondered what it would be like to fall deeply in love with someone who i hated so much, but couldn't stand being without. I had been talking to Abbie when she had mentioned she was talking to this guy online, his profile name was Jose Motionless. She ranted on about him, how cool he was because she and him had much of the same interest. For some reason his name sounded so familiar, thinking of who it was i had remember. I asked her "isn't that the dude who always likes my status and tries to cheer me up?" She paused for a moment, "Uh, yeah. You should talk to him, i think you would like him!"
Motionless..Where do i know that from? Oh my god, he listens to Motionless In White too!
"Yeah, sure, i guess i could talk to him."
Abbie looked at me weird, "Dude, are you ok? Your really out of it today."
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking of that Motionless dude. I didn't remember his name being Jose I thought it was something else," i glanced at Abbie, "It's really Jose?"
"Dude, just talk to him."
Why would Abbie want me to talk to him so badly. She always forced me to do things i didn't like though, maybe i did want to talk to him. Maybe he would be the one for me, but that's just crazy. No one could ever love someone like me.
I sent a message to Jose Motionless online in a private message. "Hey," he replied with a smile. After that one one "hey" would couldn't stop talking. We talked for a week or so before we exchanged numbers. He texted me when he got my number, but we still kept our conversation online going for days later. I couldn't think of the last time someone made me this happy.
We talked about everything. The things that interested me seemed to interest him, and what interested him seemed to interest me. Was i just going crazy or is this really happening. I couldn't believe we had so much to talk about. One of my favorite conversations had to be when i was sitting out side with my parents, enjoying the warm sunny summer day. We had been talking about relationships. We both hated them. Turns out we both had just gotten out of a horrid relationship a few months ago. Both of us got cheated on, lied too, and we both dumped them. We talked about how relationships should be about trust, loyalty, an amazing friendship. This was way to weird for me. Why do we believe in the same kind of relationship, why were we even talking about it in the first place. We went on with this for a few hours. In my head, i thought he would be the one. I wasn't ready for a relationship though, hell i haven't even met him yet! I needed to stop getting ahead of myself.
He said to me, "lets hangout sometime soon?"
I was in shock. I smiled like a fool, "i would love to! When? Where?"
"How bout Friday.. At the mall?"
"Sounds good."
I was too stupid to realize what i was getting myself into. But then again, every guy i met online, i had met at the mall in person. I never really liked doing the whole online crap, but that's how most of my relationships started, friendships, relationships, i even met family i didn't know about online. I was never very social, i never wanted to be around a lot of people. Maybe doing every thing online was good for me.

It was the night before i was supposed to met Jose Motionless. My friend Shelby had called me and asked to come over. She was a lot like me, except she was tall and she had a lot more good in her. She was so slim, always looked amazing. I guess her friend and her were driving around and her friend ended up bring crack with her and Shelby was too freaked out, she didn't want to get in trouble. She was near my house, that's why she called me. I told her she could spend the night since we never really hung out much. I was kind of happy to have her come over.
When she arrived i still couldn't believe how amazing she looked. Her hair was black, down to her shoulders, her greens eyes always stood out. She always did her makeup so perfect. I never knew how she did it. We dressed the same, but she had a lot more thought and beauty in her clothing. Unlike me, i just threw on this or that, i never really cared how i looked, though i wish i did.
I was excited she was over i told her all about Jose, she told me to be careful, she cared for me a lot. She asked me if i needed a ride in the morning to go met up with him, i told her it didn't matter, my parents could give me a ride. She insisted so i told her thank you. We spent the night doing mad lib's, eating Doritos, drinking mountain dew, and of course, i had been texting Jose. I had a lot of fun being with Shelby. We talked about so many things that night, mostly about Jose, she wanted to know everything i knew. Not only that but we talked about my ex, David. She knew him about as mush as i did. She dated him a long time before i did. But she knew he was trouble, i never listened to her. We went on about him, all of his cheating, lies, all of his crap her and i delt with. I never liked talking about him, i just wanted to cry hearing his name. It makes me angry, even to this day to hear of him. But i didn't mind talking to her about him, it was actually.. Fun. It was getting late, around three in the morning we went to bed.
When i woke up it was about ten, Shelby was already awake. "Morning Sunshine," i texted Jose, like i did every morning. Shelby asked me when i wanted to go to the mall. I said whenever is fine.
A few hours later i told my parents i was going to the mall, Shelby was taking me and i was meting up with a friend from school. If i really told my parents the truth they would have killed me. They told me to call them when i would need a ride home, i kissed them both on the cheek and headed to the mall with Shelby. She had plans so once we got to the mall she took off.
"Thank you, for everything. I had so much fun last night, i wish we could hang out more"
Shelby looked at me and smiled "Me too, we will hang out more." Then she had left.
I made my way to Barns And Nobel. I sat down at table and read my favorite magazine, Alternative Press. Jose had said he was on his way. As i read a few articles, the time felt like it was going by so slow. My heart started racing every minute, I couldn't bear to wait any longer to see him. I started to get really hot just sitting there, I was so scared but so happy. He called me when he got there and asked where i was. I stood up and started walking around to find him. We stayed on the phone for probably five minutes. I kept asking "Where are you?" as he did the same, i kept saying which section of books i was by. But that was hopeless. "I'm wearing a Motionless In White tee shirt , black skinny jeans. My hair is a f*****g rainbow. Where are you?" He said he was by the comics, as i turned a corner i ran into him. I hung up the phone, i stood there, staring.
Holy s**t. I was speechless. He looked exactly like his pictures online. He was absolutely handsome. He was taller than me, about a whole head taller than me. He was a bigger guy, not too skinny but not too fat, just the perfect size. His hair was so short, well short enough for me. It was about the average length any guy would have for hair. His hair was dark brown, and spiked into a foe-hawk. I didn't expect his eyes to be dark but they were a very dark hazelnut color, it was absolutely stunning, there was a hint of green as well. He had his lip pierced twice, they were called spider bites I believe. His ears were stretched, i fell in love. He had an As I Lay Dying shirt on, i couldn't believe we liked the same music. After awhile i smiled, and i couldn't stop. "Hey," i said as i hugged him, "Do you uh.. Want some coffee?"
He hugged me tighter than i thought he would, his smell, so delightful. I could never forget that smell. Once we let go of one another he looked and me and replied, "No thank you," with a smile. We made our way to star bucks, i bought a large caramel mocha coffee. I asked him again, "are you sure you don't want anything?"
"Yes, haha, I am sure."
His laugh was so cute, i just smiled.
"So, What do you wanna do?"
I looked at him, "Um, lets just sit down for now?"
We made our way to a few comfy couches that where right out side of the book store. We sat and we kept talking, like we always did on the phone. Abbie had texted me, she asked if i could pick her up some things from Gen X.
"Do you mind walking to Gen X with me? My friend.. Abbie, she wants a few things."
"Let's go," he smiled he walked out side and headed for Gen X. It was only a few minutes away, but walking took awhile. As we walked to Gen X i noticed he had an industrial in his ear, "Oh my, you have an industrial?"
"Yeah, i got it awhile ago."
"I want one so bad, did that hurt?" I only had my ears stretched at the time. I was trying to talk my parents into letting me get more piercings but they refused. They didn't believe in the things i liked, but my brother was some what of what i wanted to be. I didn't think it was fair even tho he was in his twenty's.
"Yeah, i guess, Just the top hole hurt, by the cartilage."
We continued walking, i smiled at him, all i could think of was kissing him. He looked so good. I need to stop letting myself fall for a boy who only looked good, but he didn't just look good, there was more than that.
We finally got to Gen X, After that long hot walk i was sweating horribly, i hoped he didn't notice, i really hoped he couldn't smell me. I found what Abbie wanted and was about to leave when i noticed they were selling Industrial bars, I called Abbie and asked if she want me to buy two, one for me and one for her. "Would you pierce mine if i got them?" She said she would so i got two industrial bars as well. As i paid for my things i had my hands full; coffee in one hand, a shopping bag and my wallet in the other. But i was trying to put away my debit card and money, i couldn't open up the door, i was barley holding onto my coffee. Jose saw i was struggling, he asked if he could help before we walked out. He took my coffee before i dropped it and he opened the door for me as we were walking out.
Jose is a gentleman too, i thought i knew him so well already, but yet i'm still so surprised with him. I kept falling hard for him as the night had ended.

July 9th, 2012, he changed my world upside down. Clearly from the day we met until now we had many ups and downs, we fought a lot, more than i ever thought we would. We both had a lot of mistakes, things we regretted. Some days i think we hate each other but we were best friends. I never expected what had happened. I was deeply in love but i never wanted to admit it. I always wondered how he felt about me.
July ninth was the day we had started a relationship. The day we had our first kiss, everything felt so right. Everything had been falling in place.

Its been roughly two years with Jose. Where we stand today, March 20th, 2014, is simply amazing. Some may say we move fast, but we aren't. Two years later, we are happily in love and living together. Every day i think back on these past two years with him. When we met, i never expected to fall in love, but i did. I think of all the memories we have had.
A few months after we started dating he told me he loved me first, and i said it back to him. Not long after that we had a pregnancy scare, i was scared shitless. I thought once i had told him i thought i was pregnant he would leave me like any typical guy would, but when i told him, he looked me in the eyes, told me he loved me, and he promised he would never leave me, not for the slightest thing. He said he wanted to be with me forever; surprisingly when i had told him, he seemed almost happy, scared, but so happy it would be with me. I thought i was crazy, but i wasn't. We would spend after dark at the park near his house and talk, he would hold his hands on my tummy and hope for the best with us. From that scare i knew he would be an amazing father, but thankfully not too long after we had found out i wasn't pregnant. That made us both happy, and we had continued our life.
When he had our year anniversary, he gave me a promise ring. I'll never forget that day. We were getting ready to go out to dinner to olive garden. After i was done getting ready, i stood up and twirled around in my dress. It was his favorite dress, he even picked it out for me. I said something stupid like "Am i pretty yet?" it made me laugh because he said no. I got upset and lied on his bed, i turned my head towards him and in that very second has i turned my head he was laying next to me, on his stomach, with a box in his hand. My eyes begun to water, i was in such shock he opened it, and there was a beautiful black and white ring inside. As he took it out of the box and put the ring on my left index finger he said to me, "Now you are beautiful, because you are mine forever," i smiled trying not to cry, "Happy? Cuz' now i put a ring on it." I laughed, and said "Yes, I love you Jose."
"I love you too," he smiled "are you ready to go to dinner now, my love?"

I will never forget that day. Or any day with him.

Around December, 2013, we struggled a lot. He had moved away to Colorado for college, we lived far away from each other, we couldn't bear not seeing each other. Things were so good with us, but so hard. In December we both were getting tired, tired of being so far away, busy, hardly able to talk. He had school and work, aside from that he was always with his friends, or sleeping because he was so beat up from all the work he was doing. I was working my a*s off to graduate high school, i didn't think i would do it, no one really had faith in me, only he did. I kept telling myself i could do it. That i would be better than everyone else, that i would graduate months before everyone else. I kept letting myself down. I struggled so much, i cried, i was scared, but by the end of December all my hard work payed off, i had finally graduated high school I had finished. I actually accomplished something. It was so hard to do, especially when the one person who had faith in me, was far away, and this month all we did was fight. Every day there was a new fight, i would call him crying, he was so angry. December was rough, for both of us. I thought one of us would give up, and we wouldn't have a relationship anymore. My mom promised me that if i could graduate high school in December at my school and not switch schools that she would let me move away, to Denver, with Jose, even though i was still seventeen. That is why i worked so hard at graduating, i was tired of being in Utah, i needed to get away, i needed to with Jose. I had found out on Christmas eve that Jose had taken a bus back home, to Utah. Even that day we were fighting, he arrived home on Christmas day. He got to see his family, i was in Vegas visiting my grandma and aunt for a few days. The day after Christmas i drove myself back to Utah, i went to his house, and there he was. The man of my life, home, to take me to Denver with him when he leaves. The moment i had saw when he came home, all the fights had stopped that moment. Our last week in Utah was very emotional. We stayed a few days at his house. Leaving his family, was nothing what i thought it would be. His brothers and sister were sad to see us both leaving this time. I never thought i'd see his mother cry, but i did, and he was too. I promised her i would take care of him and stay in touch with her. Walking out of his house for the last time was hard, but i didn't cry. For him it was, i hugged him and wiped away his tears and told him it would be okay, he told me he just wants the best for them since their lives have never been good. He didn't want to see his mother go back to jail, or see his siblings to turn to drugs or get into trouble like he did when he was a kid, i said i know, but you know if they need us they can always call and visit; this is a new start, for us, this is our life now. He said he knew, and we drove back to my house to pack up my things and spend our last two days with my family. Leaving my family wasn't hard for me. I was never really liked my family. My grandma had came home with my parents, when i left she was there, she cried more than my parents did, i teared up a little bit; only because i was scared. I didn't know how things would go being on my own. Being away from my parents, its a scary thought at first. Jose was devastated to leave my family, he was closer to them than i was. He knew my parents need me, but they have my older brothers there to help them out. And so our journey began. It was a new start for us. It was then our life from there.

To This day, we live together. He goes to college and he has a job. We share an apartment with some of his classmates at school, i guess you could say they are our friends. When i first moved in we adopted a kitten, her name is princess. Not too long after we got another kitten, and her name is midnight.
So as i see it, we are a happy, healthy couple. Living together with our two kittens, and hoping not to have kids until we are married. Every day i think of all these things that have happened. Sometimes i even think he hates me because he will get over something stupid, some days i feel like i hate him but i don't. If i hated him, i wouldn't be hear with him. I do love him, but he is always a pain in my a*s. Without him i would be nothing.
So here we are. This is our life.
I'm still seventeen, but i have eleven piercings, one tattoo, and yes my ears are stretched. I still stay in touch with my family, and his. But i'm here in Denver, loving every second with what we call our family.

© 2014 ModifiedMama


Author's Note

ModifiedMama
Still to be finished. Thanks for reading and reviewing!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing story! I believe greatly that your fairy tale will end happily for you...Mrs. Valenzuela.
P.S. I love you baby. You don't know that I'm writing this since you're asleep next to me; but just know through all the ups and downs, I'll be here with you till the end.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 20, 2014
Last Updated on March 20, 2014