loved

loved

A Chapter by Erykah
"

a widow must suffer her lost love, Roseanne encounters her first love.

"
Chapter One

In a small room, a cell like room, sits a beautiful young lady on a wooden rocking chair. Her name, Mr's. Zegero. Adjacent of her is a twin mattress. A sigh escapes her lips as she rocks back and forth. Right before her very eryes is a door locked. The door knob starts to move and instantly she stills. Then enters Madeline not much younger than she is, a smile pasted on her face she stretches out her right hand. There rests two small drug tablets. “here you go, Mrs. Zegero.” Mrs zegero steals a glance at the cup, then continues her rocking, ignoring the gesture in front of her. Mrs. Zegero releases a sigh then says “must you treat me as though i have gone mad?”  t’was all she could manage despite the insult hidden in the small white cup.                            “My dear mrs, you are in a mental institution and so, you must accept your meds!”                     “Madeline, do you call me mental?     “No ma’am you miss understand.”                                          “Did you not only seconds ago refer to me as mental due to the fact that I sit in this chair, which is in this building, know to others as a place that houses the unstable?”                     “Yes but ma’am.”                                       Mrs. Zegero interrupts not letting Madeline finish “do not call me ma’am, have I aged so that you must insult me so?”             “No Mrs, I am sorry.”                         Mrs. Zegeros expression softens . “but Mrs does not fit me!” she says. “I am widowed!” shouted Mrs Zegero.                                     Mrs Zegero watches as Madeline drops the cup on her bed.                  “i am widowed!” she whispers as tears run escaping her eyes. Madeline quickly strides towards the door and leaves. Mrs Zegero continues her rocking.

.....

“Here I am!” shouts Adele, Roseanne recognizes the voice.

“Oh Adele, Adele, how I have missed you.” Adele raps her arms around Roseanne and says

“Lie to me not, you are a child of sorts, surely you were bussy?”

“Yes.” Roseanne says “but summer was such a bore without you” she adds.

Adele pleased with this took Roseanne by the arm and together they walked down the hallway.

“What subject is it you have first?” Adele asks

“Oh calculous.” Answers Roseanne.

“What room?” says Adele

“219”

“Might Mr. Luca be your teacher”  asks Adele.

“Yes do you have him too?”

Roseanne could not hide the hope that Adele and her might be in the same class and so when Adele said “yes” Roseanne’s smile beamed brighter than the sun.

 

.....

“Madeline you’ve returned? So soon?” says Mrs Zegero .

“Yes, i have your lunch” says Madeline careful not to look Mrs. Zegero in the eye. Mrs Zegero sighs eyeing the tray in front of her “but i have no appetite.”

“once you eat your appetite will return.”

“but i do not wish for my appetite to return.”

Madeline not sure what to say to this carefully places the tray beside the white cup, then turns to leave.

 

.....

Adele and Roseanne, arm in arm enter class together.

“my name is Luca, you shall not call me Mr. Luca, because rather i find it insulting, i am Luca and only Luca is what you shall call me” Luca turned to the girls and says “ladies, why are you late?” Adele quick to respond “we had not realized the bell had rung.” Roseanne was still, shocked as though the world had stopped. The man in front of her very eyes is beautiful, handsome. It was as though her brain had stopped functioning, she felt as though she had died and gone to heaven, for Luca is beautiful, his face perfectly sculptured, his eyes aqua green. It wasn’t until Adele asked “are you alright?” that Roseanne realized she couldn’t breathe. Luca Realizing her uneven breathing pointed to Adele and says “take her to the nurse”

 

.....

T’was about 7 p, that evening when Mrs Zegero heared her stomach growl. She was confused unhappy. She did not understand why things had played the way they had, why her life was as it is. She pulled her knees to her chest and started rocking back and forth. Muffled sounds escaped her mouth, her eyes turned red, her face pale. She started to cry and cry and cry. She lifted her head to the celing searching for something but finding nothing. She turned her face to the door the river in her eyes unsettling continued to flow. “Why must i suffer because i loved?”

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Erykah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2014
Tags: love, romance, forbiddenlove, secrets, passion, affairs, emotions, happy, sad


Author

Erykah
Erykah

mississauga, ontario, Canada



About
I'm a cynical optimist. instagram @_erykahtted more..

Writing
Roseanne Roseanne

A Book by Erykah