Evil Prowess

Evil Prowess

A Chapter by aTrueBrilliance
"

Maia, being intimidated by Shiela, will do everything to prevent her from snatching the company that her father will be giving to her soon.

"

“In my entire life, I have written many books about achieving power but that doesn’t mean I had already reached the supremacy I have wanted. The only way to achieve it is to kill all of the humans that are pretending to be the most powerful,” Shiela said while her eyes were talking to her young rival, Maia.

Maia felt the power Shiela has even she was not touching her. The eyes of Shiela were very arrogant and can destroy a million person’s confidence. Maia’s hands were afraid and it cannot even move properly. Shiela held the shaking hand of Maia and said, “I understand that you are the daughter of the company’s head but it doesn’t imply that you will also be the next leader of this building. I am Shiela Ming and no one can destroy me even you, Maia Washington. The person who is born to destroy me is already dead. ”

Maia pulled her hand and said, “I may not be able to destroy you but you would never be the ruler of this company. Only a Washington can handle this place and not a Chinese descendant’s hands, Ms. Shiela.” Maia went out of the office of the Chief Operating Officer. On the other hand, Shiela sat on her executive chair and smiled very trickily. “Who told her that I want to rule this place? What I have wanted is to rule the people and not this place. Maybe she had thought that I am a murderer. Well, that is true because before someone tried to step on me, they were already shot on their heads and that made their humanistic characteristics to disappear. It’s been a long time since somebody tried to challenge me but like others, she also failed to impress me.”

Maia was walking nervously. She was stricken by what Shiela said. Her mind is scribbling about the inconvenient truth Shiela said, “Am I not really capable of handling this business? If I will believe on her then I should now die. She is the worst and wisest person I ever know.”  Different thoughts entered Maia’s mind but none of those were successful to solve the puzzle that can put down the evil mistress of their company. She was walking when the secretary of her father gave her the documents she was asking for.

They sat down and the secretary, Mylene, discussed what she had discovered about Shiela Ming. “She graduated her grade school on a school located on a very rural and drastic place. Even that is the situation, she was known for her wisdom on all subjects even P.E. She was granted for a scholarship and went to Beijing. She finished her high school there while her college life was even more fruitful. She finished her studies on Harvard University and also took Law there.”

“That’s why she thinks nobody can stab her even from behind. She really has wonderful thoughts,” Maia told to the secretary but her amusement about Shiela’s identity was not yet finished. “According to the people who had known her childhood, she was sent by the heavens because of her ability to see the future. For that, many tried to use her but none of them succeeded. Even at early age, Shiela was adept using swords. According to the sword experts, Shiela was always successful on faking a murder. If it was not an accident, it points out other suspects. She didn’t have any friends to accompany her. What she had is her brother which is nonsense for her. She doesn’t care for him much because she believes that people who are weak and brainless should be left alone. Since he is still her brother, she didn’t killed him but I think if the time comes that her brother would also be a hindrance to her ambition, she would rather left him alone,” Mylene said.

Maia’s belief on defeating Shiela is already going to waste. She cannot think of something that can still put her nemesis on the slums. Maia asked what happened to the family of Shiela. This is what Mylene replied, “She killed them. Her parents knew the truth about how Shiela kills each person who will become a hindrance for her. Shiela was almost brought on a social welfare development department to be rehabilitated but she believes that this would only put her dreams to a trash can so she killed her parents.”

“I can’t imagine how Shiela was able to do that to her own parents. She was even more afraid of her than the last time she saw Shiela on the office,” Maia said. “She is indeed the most dangerous woman of our time. A faith healer described her as a devil outcast of hell and was reincarnated but an incident almost proved this wrong. A rumor spread out before that Shiela was seen crying inside a catholic church but nobody can prove it,” Mylene said.

“But I believed that there is a reason behind this. There must be a reason. I just have this feeling that something had gone before,” Maia said and Mylene was not able to answer the puzzle gave by Maia. Instead, she continued giving the facts she had gathered, “Shiela is civilly single but she already had five different sons with five different fathers. All of them are from prominent families. There was also one guy before whom loved her and had a daughter but it was said that the daughter and the said guy died on an accident.”

Mylene then left the puzzled daughter of the company head. Maia was almost hopeless and is planning to back off the challenge she had dared off. “Who am I to dare her? I am just a rich girl because of her father. I was nothing to her. Knowing her origin really made me pity myself,” Maia told it to the air and suddenly she heard a loud voice from a room near to her saying, “Believe me! I can be the secretary of Shiela Ming!”

Maia was also doubtful about the belief of the girl talking inside the room and she said, “Nobody can be her secretary. Even the most intelligent person in the world can never be placed near to her. She is a genius of everything. She can be the next ruler of country, perhaps, the next ruler of the world. I am sure you are incomparable and nothing to her.”

“Who told you to believe on that?” The girl heard Maia but the latter replied, “You know nothing about her.” The girl with a long hair responded, “Knowing her name and pronouncing it properly is already enough. If you want to beat person, you should not look upon her strong points. Because being intimidated by power is already losing to her. I believe that Shiela might have no weaknesses but it doesn’t mean she is impossible to be defeated. I am Nadine and I am destined to destroy the Goddess like figure called Ming Xinyi.”

“Ming Xinyi?” Maia was curious about it and Nadine replied, “It is Shirley’s true name. She had an English name to hide her origins but after all she is still a common girl with a common name (Xinyi is one of the most common first names on Mandarin influenced countries like China and Taiwan)”



© 2010 aTrueBrilliance


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on May 1, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010


Author

aTrueBrilliance
aTrueBrilliance

Quezon City, National Capital Region, Philippines



Writing