Things to live by

Things to live by

A Story by Aadesh

LIVING IN THIS WORLD



We are living in a world of endless dreams and possibilities with each day passing faster than the previous moving towards an unknown destination.  Everyone is aware of the ultimate success, but only after watching someone else succeed we realise its importance. We will meet many companions over the course of our journey, some of them will stay, and some of them won't. We will achieve many things in this life but our past will let us down and the more we try to forget the more it will affect us.


I wonder how many times we will pretend to be happy, how many times we try to climb the wall we've created in our minds, I wonder if we will ever climb it. I ask myself when will we stop making the same mistakes over and over again, why don't life comes with some manual, why can’t things be easy for once?

If we are designed to be perfect, why do things go wrong? Why are we so Hippocrates, we always blame others for our mistakes? We believe that we are different, that our minds are like open playgrounds with no lies. In the sanctuary of our own imagination we believe that we are superior than everyone else. We believe we are not guilty if we are not alone.


Can't our elders see that they are trying to control our lives, that in the effort of making us better they are locking us behind the bars of fear and rules, while a whole new level of experience is waiting for us on the other side. At the end of your life, how will you decide how far you have come, how well you have achieved? Career promotions, how many kids you have, how many sunsets watched, places you've travelled to, how many friends you have or even how many times you have broken someone's heart? How will you decide??


Our biggest fear in the life is rejection. We don't like when people choose someone else over us. We keep hiding things from ourselves, a massive order of self-rejected thoughts and feelings. The hate which keeps on growing inside us, the feelings which get stronger and stronger every day and then all of the sudden......

the glass of your reality shatters and it all comes rushing back to you, every little secret, every feeling, every thought left unsaid, every hidden wrong doing, every regret, all spill out.


After everything is over and the tears subside, you are left with a feeling, a feeling of hope. Its times like these which help you to get out of the body perspective, like getting away with four of your best friends, having fun, taking risks, being irresponsible and simply letting go of the things you cannot control. At that point you start to feel infinite and alive and you just hope that everything around you could last forever. And when the time comes for you to step down from that feeling, you start to understand your immortality and how fragile your life really is.


We live, we learn and we die and we have only so much time to find out what it means to be alive, to talk to others and to be aware of our surroundings and ourselves. Everything will only matter if you want it to. And in the end it will be you who will decide how well you have lived and how much you have missed.  


aadesh 2014               

© 2014 Aadesh


Author's Note

Aadesh
do tell me the grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on April 10, 2014
Last Updated on April 10, 2014
Tags: reality, motivation

Author

Aadesh
Aadesh

India



Writing