chpter1

chpter1

A Chapter by touchthesky
"

F**k descriptions

"

"This is the target."

Hunter watched, speculitevly, as the manilla folder hit the table before him. He could read the tension in the faces and bodies of the men who stood around him. It was unstable, breathtaking, like an oncoming storm. Showing nothing outwardly, he hooked the folder, pulled it closer, and opened it. His blue eyes darknened to near black as he took in the face of the woman on the page. He shut the lid, and, with a practiced flip of the wrist, sent the file skidding back to its owner. "I don't kill women." He said, flatly, and attempted to stand. The cold muzzle of a gun pressed into the nape of his neck, halting his progress. He slowly sat back down and the man, no, the phsycopath who sat across from him gave him a charming smile. "This one you will. If you do not it will cost you your life...in the end. I am a careful man, Dawson-" Inwardly, Hunter flinched at hearing that name. He had not been addressed as such in years. "-and I find that I am in danger of being sought out. You will kill this woman. You do not have a choice." Oh, I do.. Hunter thought, as he, very slowly and carefully, reached again for the folder. The gun at the back of his head was trembling a little, and he could hear the man holding it panting, like an animal eager for blood. One wrong move, cowboy. He warned himself, and once more opened the file.

Emma Monson, with a dramatic sigh that would have made any actress proud, threw herself onto the couch. "I need a drink." She proclaimed, and her roomate, whom was painting her nails, gave a rather un-ladylike snort. "Correction. You need a drink, and a date." Her roomate was a tall, flowing woman who was nothing short of eccentric. Her long mane of brown hair shrouded her in "clouds of chocolate" and accentuated her slim, fit frame. A hint of puerto rican flavored her tone like exotic spice and made her soft voice even more pleasing to the ear. She wore a bathrobe that barely concealed her cleavage- Emma couldn't help but make a smartassed quip, and the line got her a searing glare. "At least I will not die single." Kiera huffed. "Really. I do not know what your aversion to men is, but you need to find yourself someone before you die." Emma rolled.Her eyes. "If I bring a boy home from the bar will that shut you up?" She asked sarcastically.

"Yes. But, I get to dress you up. You aren't going out in one of your tasteless suits." Kiera eyed her nails, and then daintly blew the polish. Emma sighed. "Whatever so long as you buy me a drink." "Alright alright" "and not one of this cheap Budweisers" she added. "I'm not you." Kiera stood and drew her robe tighter around her slim frame. "Come along. I'll make you the bell of the bar." "Charming. I'm sure that would make a wonderful bedtime story." Emma let Kiera tug her off of the couch, and, reluctantly, down the hall to her room.

"I feel like a floozy." "You l


© 2013 touchthesky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Written with illusion real name cora larson

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2013
Last Updated on July 11, 2013


Author

touchthesky
touchthesky

Lakeville, MN



About
I write with my friends so it not all me. Most of my story's are but I will give credit if I shared my friends writing (with permission) I'm only thirteen. I love running long distance. I'm jacked up .. more..

Writing
Close Close

A Book by touchthesky


chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by touchthesky


emma emma

A Book by touchthesky