Hero of the match

Hero of the match

A Story by aasheesh puri
"

a story about a child ram. Sincere in studies, he loved playing football and had a passion for it. Story about how he became the hero of a very important football match.

"

Ram lived in a small village. His parents were both farmers working on the lands of the rich landlord.  Parents worked really hard to provide the best education to Ram. His parents made him study in the best school in the city. Ram was also very good in studies and he loved playing football too. He always thought of becoming a football player and dreamt of his aim every day. 

It was the selection of the junior football team in his school. Ram was really very excited; he put on his shoes and went out in the playground for the selection. There were many players in the playground, Ram became a little nervous but then he thought of his dream and stood in the queue for the physical test. He was told to run 5 rounds around the playground; everyone was shocked to see his speed and appreciates him. The physical education sir guided him to the football coach for the next test, Ram went to the coach with confidence and coach told him to take some penalty shoots. Ram showed his shoots and they all clapped for his performance. Yes, he passed with flying colors and was selected in the junior team. He was really very eager to tell his mother about his achievement. When the school got over and the bell rang Ram was the first one out of the school. “Mama Mama I got selected mama!” Ram began shouting as he entered his house, his mother congratulated him.

The next day he entered the school he found a new substitute coach as the old one wasn’t well. However, they started their practice and Ram discovered that the new coach was very strict. He finished his practice and now he was about to go to change in the locker room when he saw that someone was calling out his name. When he turned it was the new coach who was calling him. Ram became a little nervous and with shivering legs he went to him and he was surprised to hear what the new coach told him. The new coach was Mr. Shiva, the football coach of state juniors and he wanted him to play in the semi-finals which was on the 15th of November that is 2 days from now. Ram was on cloud nine. He was instructed to come to the practice at 5 pm. Ram told his parents about it and went to practice, now Ram was going to play for the state. It was 15th and the match was going to start at 9 am, he went to play and told his parents to come and see him play but his parents were unable to come due to work. So, Ram went alone. The match started, both the teams were playing fairly good and it was a tie at last. The winner was to be decided with penalty shoot outs. In penalty shoot outs both the teams were having equal points and if Ram’s state team kicked the ball straight into the goal they won. Ram was given the opportunity and yuppie! He did it, his team made it to the finals. He was very happy and now he was the hero of the match. 

© 2011 aasheesh puri


Author's Note

aasheesh puri
ignore grammatical mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good, nice story. Had a sweet ending and a very nice one at that. I think there should be a little more detail to the ending on how he won it. You just cut to the chase and details and a little effort into them are always good. Just a "he won" isn't really all that good enough. Readers want suspense. "He kicked it, the flying ball got caught in the wind. The whole team was shocked for words.. It was nearing the goal and the ball was spinning over to the left, then.. Just as the buzzer rang, it was clear. They had won and the crowd erupted into happy cheers and the team crowded around Ram in high hopes and happiness! Yes, he was the hero of the match". That is what people are looking for. Hope I didn't make you feel too bad, I really like this story. You have a talent for writing and should embrace that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very good, nice story. Had a sweet ending and a very nice one at that. I think there should be a little more detail to the ending on how he won it. You just cut to the chase and details and a little effort into them are always good. Just a "he won" isn't really all that good enough. Readers want suspense. "He kicked it, the flying ball got caught in the wind. The whole team was shocked for words.. It was nearing the goal and the ball was spinning over to the left, then.. Just as the buzzer rang, it was clear. They had won and the crowd erupted into happy cheers and the team crowded around Ram in high hopes and happiness! Yes, he was the hero of the match". That is what people are looking for. Hope I didn't make you feel too bad, I really like this story. You have a talent for writing and should embrace that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011