The Fly

The Fly

A Story by Abby Abramowitz
"

One day with a fly

"

It was a beautiful day as I looked out the window. Big puffy clouds against a backdrop of crystal blue sky. A slight breeze wafted through as I walked out. I went to the side of my home to get my watering hose, so I could give my plants a much needed drink, when a fly came up to me. He flew right up to my nose and he sat down. Facing me with his big eyes, we looked right at each other. It was somewhat tuff, but I managed looked deep into eyes of this little bug and at the same time, he looked into mine. Wow, I was wondering what he is looking for, what did he see? Am I something he is using as a place to rest or does he have other intentions? Maybe he thinks I am a flower or better yet, something sweet for him to enjoy. In the meantime, I tried to let him relax; his little wings must have been tired. Why else would he have landed on my nose? Well, after a couple of minutes, off he goes. Later that day, I was sitting on my couch and I hear a buzz, the little bugger followed me in. It seemed that every place I go, he follows me. We must to have a connection; if we could speak to each other, what would we talk about?  As funny as it seems, this little fly has a personality. It really was astonishing to see him imitate me. I was washing my hands in the bathroom, there he is. Sitting on the counter rubbing his front hands together, and when I washed my face, he was doing the same. When I stopped, I turned to look at him, so did he. Wow, I found this amazing. Could he be some long lost love that reincarnated into this little fly? Who could it be? Now that would be something, unfortunately, flies do not live very long, but neither did my marriages. That was the last time I saw him. I think he was saying to me, “good bye”. The next day I looked for him and he was gone. Funny, I hope he had a good life while living here with me. I let him enjoy the end of his life just relaxing and doing whatever a fly does before they go to the great flower in the sky.

© 2012 Abby Abramowitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 12, 2012

Author

Abby Abramowitz
Abby Abramowitz

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a person who has many interests. I love meeting all kinds of people and I really enjoy ballroom dancing. Writing is something that gives me an outlet to get the stuff that clogs my brain, out. I .. more..

Writing