Sun Down

Sun Down

A Poem by Abby Abramowitz
"

life at the end

"
The end is close. I can see it and I can also feel it. Strange but there is a calm around me, nothing seems to bother me. All my thoughts are no longer in my head. Where have they gone? Why should I care. I have no words to say yet all the words I ever said do not really seem to matter anymore. All the words I ever said to anyone are gone. How did this happen? Words are the basis of my existence. The sky is always blue with clouds full of puffy cotton. The sun always smiles at me and when the evening comes stars surround the moon, more then I have ever seen.  I see all this through closed eyes. I have no need to open them. I have seen everything I wanted to see. Now, all I want is to sleep. There is no reason for me to wake up. My journey has reached its end and I am ready to take my last breath. Knowing that peace will finally come to me and that is all that matters.

© 2013 Abby Abramowitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on June 14, 2013
Last Updated on June 14, 2013

Author

Abby Abramowitz
Abby Abramowitz

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a person who has many interests. I love meeting all kinds of people and I really enjoy ballroom dancing. Writing is something that gives me an outlet to get the stuff that clogs my brain, out. I .. more..

Writing