Hot Flashes

Hot Flashes

A Poem by Abby Abramowitz

Lying in bed, it feels like one thousand degrees. The sweat is pouring off me akin to water flowing down a waterfall. When will it stop?  About five years ago was the first time I felt one of these infernos. I was just sitting, doing nothing but watching television. Without warning, my body had a feeling of intense heat. My skin felt as if a flame was burning just beneath the surface. Yet the fire seemed to consume my entire being.  Without warning, I would become red, red-hot. Every inch of my being: every cell, every atom, everything, even my hair felt hot. It lasted one maybe two minutes.  Then, as if nothing had happened, it was over. It had to be the strangest phenomenon’s, in all my life. About six months later, again this feeling of heat, but now it is different. It will begin from the bottom of my spine, straight up to the base of my skull, a line of heat. From that day on, life became a series of sweaty days.   A hot flash will happen any place or anytime of the day or night. When it was traveling up my spine, it really did not bother me so much, but then it changed again. Out of the blue, my face would become red. I would just start sweating for no reason. As if, an entity had entered my soul for a test of some kind, trying with all my might to pass through the heat, I worked hard to make believe that it was snowing. It is amazing how some women have the ability to become possessed. However, going through the process of middle age, the potential for become a serial killer is there.

© 2011 Abby Abramowitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on November 1, 2011
Last Updated on November 1, 2011

Author

Abby Abramowitz
Abby Abramowitz

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am a person who has many interests. I love meeting all kinds of people and I really enjoy ballroom dancing. Writing is something that gives me an outlet to get the stuff that clogs my brain, out. I .. more..

Writing