Gossip

Gossip

A Story by Abbynicole
"

A Descriptive Essay

"
      There is a snide look on her face as she talks, just waiting to see her friend’s reactions when the words escape her mouth.  Everyone has heard it, took part in it, or been a victim of it.  That’s right, it’s gossip.
      Lorie walks down the hall, squeezing past the groups gathered around the blue, shiny lockers.  Everyone is acquainted with the pointless (and often degrading) chatter that takes place within these small crowds.   She rolls her eyes and can’t help but think of how pathetic they are; that they have to talk about others to get attention and that they thrive on all of the potential drama, gobbling up every remark.  She knew she wasn’t the victim this time because she didn’t receive any condescending glances as she plodded by.  
      Karissa, on the other hand, is not.  Without betraying her emotions, she puts on a façade, hoping the filth spewing out of their mouths will bounce off her and go flying back to them, but they don’t. She just stands there, helpless, as they drown her in snide comments and callous remarks, striving to destroy any self-confidence she might have.  Her eyes brim with tears and she feels ashamed, as if what they are saying is actually true.  
      Sometimes the gossip is true or just exaggerated, but most victims are innocent and just happen to be on the wrong end of a petty disagreement. But the real question is: Do the guilty ones deserve the backbiting words anymore than the innocent? Maybe they have it coming, maybe they don’t.  But either way, no one should have to endure that kind of heartless cruelty.
So, what is the real reason for such drama-causing slander? Is it attention? Revenge? Jealously? Maybe it’s just a comment, thoughtlessly tossed out, that eventually ends up feeding the rumor weed.  Gossip is an easy thing to get sucked into.  Not everyone means for it to be so hurtful, or to turn it into anything it isn’t.  A person might just be speaking their mind or partaking in a conversation, but no matter what the situation, it still has the capacity to do a lot of damage.  While a few rumors are mere errors in communication, most of the conniving, cruel comments are emitted from the mouths of angry, jealous, attention-wanting girls. Why do these girls feed on the ruin of others? Is it to build up themselves? Make them feel better? Or is it just plain spite?  Are they so hateful that tearing down others is needed to keep them happy? Whatever it is, high school would be a lot better off without them.

© 2010 Abbynicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010

Author

Abbynicole
Abbynicole

Wichita, KS



About
I am really not very creative and do not like to write but i joined so i could read my friends books and i posted all of the papers i had to right for college bound comp. You won't see any poetry beca.. more..

Writing
The Unknown The Unknown

A Story by Abbynicole


How to Sing How to Sing

A Story by Abbynicole