The Unknown

The Unknown

A Story by Abbynicole
"

Another one of those "finish the story's"

"
     You and a friend are strolling down by the side of a river on a cool, crisp, fall day.  You notice something sticking out of the riverbank and after a closer look it appears to be a handle. Intrigued, you decide to go home, get some shovels and return. After locating the handle again, you start digging into the side of the riverbank. The more you dig, the more interested you become. It appears to be a large chest of some kind. The two of you dig and dig until your friend has to stop and go home. You should go home, too, but your curiosity is stronger than your desire to stay out of trouble. You stay and continue to dig, until with great effort, you finally pull the chest free of the riverbank. Brushing the moist soil aside, you notice strange carvings on the top of the chest that you can’t decipher. Looking around to make sure no one is watching, you take your shovel and easily break off the rusty lock. You slowly pry open the lid and see a brief outline of an object.  Maybe silver?  It has been gradually getting darker and now all to light up the contents of the chest is the small, bright sliver of moon overhead.  Just then, you hear the leaves rustle.  The hair on your arms stand straight up as you whip around.  You sigh in relief when you realize it is just a squirrel.  Why be so scared anyway? It’s not like you are really doing some thing bad, right? Whether you should be scared or not, at that moment you chicken out and run home.  You call your friend and decide to go back the next morning.  
    The next morning, when they went back, the chest was gone.  The contents and carvings will remain a mystery for now…

© 2010 Abbynicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010

Author

Abbynicole
Abbynicole

Wichita, KS



About
I am really not very creative and do not like to write but i joined so i could read my friends books and i posted all of the papers i had to right for college bound comp. You won't see any poetry beca.. more..

Writing
Gossip Gossip

A Story by Abbynicole


How to Sing How to Sing

A Story by Abbynicole